Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Well, it's probably going to be a while. They concluded their testing and came to the determination today that they want another and somewhat large change to the turbo. The projected date for completion of the change is mid-October and who knows how long they'll test it (I'd assume another 3 month stint), so I wouldn't plan on seeing this till the new year or later.

I was so excited that it seemed like it was there, but once again, they're just trying to make it a quality unit that'll last and perform, so back to the drawing board they go.

I hate to be a bearer of bad news like this, but I figured you all would want to know. To say I'm disappointed to hear of another delay would be a MEGA understatement, but it is what it is, I guess. :(
I can't believe are disappointed...now. It has been a 2 year ordeal and literally to progress. I know why, and it is the same reason ATP hasn't dropped anything yet.
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I can't believe are disappointed...now. It has been a 2 year ordeal and literally to progress. I know why, and it is the same reason ATP hasn't dropped anything yet.
Enlighten me, lol. They're not working on this as a full-time project from what I understand, but more so, just when they can get time between everything else here and there. They've been very diligent in their testing because it's been a new design for them and there's been a learning curve as would be with anything new. From what I've seen of it, the turbo is looking to be a very promising option, as I've mentioned before, but I can't fault them for making sure everything is where they want it, even if that takes 2 years. They've got a lot of time and resources tied up in this project, so I don't think it's going to be something that falls by the wayside, and given what they've got invested in the project, that's why they want to make sure it's perfect.

I'm just disappointed because it was 95% there and they decided to change something last minute that they didn't feel comfortable with. I understand why they did it, but I was hoping to get one on soon and do some testing with it, but it looks like it'll be a while longer. No worries for now though. That just means I can looking into adding another mod sooner than expected.

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
Last edited:

BGolden

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rip tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang & 2015 WRX STI
Like everyone else I have been extremely excited and disappointed many times during this process. Some of the highs have been getting to experience the car moving 53lbs per minute of air from a prototype turbo and it was exhilarating for the little motor that could.

Lows have been all the testing we have been through and breaking turbos and trying to figure out exactly what happened. My car literally has 6K miles on it and I have owned it since Sept of 2014.

Cavalli uses a billet aluminum CHRA on all their turbos which allows for very high quality control during the assembly process. Unfortunately this is what was causing the failures. Because the CHRA is aluminum it has a higher expansion rate than a cast steel. Normally this is not an issue but this turbo is mounted on the head and sees more heat than a turbo that is mounted to a exhaust manifold. I now have a cast center section prototype for testing that should solve this issue.

It has been very frustrating and some of the reason I have not been on here much as I got frustrated telling everyone soon and then I had egg on my face. The other reason is I have been very busy with some exciting cars. I am attaching a photo for reference.
IMG_20161005_154701788.jpg

Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can you talk about the projects, or will AZN sic the dingo dawg on you?

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Like everyone else I have been extremely excited and disappointed many times during this process. Some of the highs have been getting to experience the car moving 53lbs per minute of air from a prototype turbo and it was exhilarating for the little motor that could.

Lows have been all the testing we have been through and breaking turbos and trying to figure out exactly what happened. My car literally has 6K miles on it and I have owned it since Sept of 2014.

Cavalli uses a billet aluminum CHRA on all their turbos which allows for very high quality control during the assembly process. Unfortunately this is what was causing the failures. Because the CHRA is aluminum it has a higher expansion rate than a cast steel. Normally this is not an issue but this turbo is mounted on the head and sees more heat than a turbo that is mounted to a exhaust manifold. I now have a cast center section prototype for testing that should solve this issue.

It has been very frustrating and some of the reason I have not been on here much as I got frustrated telling everyone soon and then I had egg on my face. The other reason is I have been very busy with some exciting cars. I am attaching a photo for reference.
So if its not ready and theres 0 ETA why keep posting photos ans teasers and all??? At some point youre setting yourself up for that egg

BGolden

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rip tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
Can you talk about the projects, or will AZN sic the dingo dawg on you?
The Dung Bettle has made 100 more HP then it ever has before in the last few months and honestly I think its faster than my 800 hp GTR. AZN and Farmtruck are great guys to work with and you will see some really cool cars in the next year from them. I wish I could say more but I am not able to do so on other projects. I would watch their Facebook and Instagram pages for those updates.

So if its not ready and theres 0 ETA why keep posting photos ans teasers and all??? At some point youre setting yourself up for that egg
So I started this process with Cavalli in Feb. 2015 and early on there were exciting things happening with it. The turbo started out as a 55mm inducer and has grown to a 58 and a 60 all stock location. Instead of just releasing the turbo Cavalli asked me to put it through some real world conditions. If it were just released like some companies do then the failures would have happened to the customers. Instead I caught them. I can tell you all the ways you can break one due to the additional heat created from the turbo being bolted to the head. Honestly this has sucked for me but it has been handled properly by Chris at Cavalli as he wants to bring the best available product to market.

I brought updates as people were eager for turbo upgrades as the options were very limited if at all when this project started. I could have never seen the failures coming as I am only a tester. Therefore I updated everyone as I and others were excited.

I am not a part of Cavalli and I have no say in the ETA of this turbo. I can only give you my feedback and the data I can share.

Hopefully you can understand where I am coming from and are not just trying to take a jab at someone who has hours, weeks, months, years in a project and has not made a $ off the time spent on this project.

Sponsored

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
So I started this process with Cavalli in Feb. 2015 and early on there were exciting things happening with it. The turbo started out as a 55mm inducer and has grown to a 58 and a 60 all stock location. Instead of just releasing the turbo Cavalli asked me to put it through some real world conditions. If it were just released like some companies do then the failures would have happened to the customers. Instead I caught them. I can tell you all the ways you can break one due to the additional heat created from the turbo being bolted to the head. Honestly this has sucked for me but it has been handled properly by Chris at Cavalli as he wants to bring the best available product to market.

I brought updates as people were eager for turbo upgrades as the options were very limited if at all when this project started. I could have never seen the failures coming as I am only a tester. Therefore I updated everyone as I and others were excited.

I am not a part of Cavalli and I have no say in the ETA of this turbo. I can only give you my feedback and the data I can share.

Hopefully you can understand where I am coming from and are not just trying to take a jab at someone who has hours, weeks, months, years in a project and has not made a $ off the time spent on this project.
Info on products is always good thing.

You wouldn't think it be a issue though with center section water cooled.
I wonder what would happen with old Rajay turbo mounted (all aluminum center section, no cooling, non rotating bearing) :)

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
The Dung Bettle has made 100 more HP then it ever has before in the last few months and honestly I think its faster than my 800 hp GTR. AZN and Farmtruck are great guys to work with and you will see some really cool cars in the next year from them. I wish I could say more but I am not able to do so on other projects. I would watch their Facebook and Instagram pages for those updates.

I know that dung beetle previously was somewhere in the 400hp range at the rear wheels. If you've got it in the 500 range it probably will do 9's at this point. That thing is so damn quick.

BGolden

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rip tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
Info on products is always good thing.

You wouldn't think it be a issue though with center section water cooled.
I wonder what would happen with old Rajay turbo mounted (all aluminum center section, no cooling, non rotating bearing) :)
Correct you wouldn't think it was the issue. Took a bit to discover.

I know that dung beetle previously was somewhere in the 400hp range at the rear wheels. If you've got it in the 500 range it probably will do 9's at this point. That thing is so damn quick.
It is surprisingly fast. My GTR makes a touch over 800 to the tires currently and I am pretty sure he would get me. The car is just so light.