Sponsored

Caliperfexion socket (9/16" 12 point star drive!?)

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I lied about my nails... I actually lost the card and can't turn it over... ironically... when I was "skipping singing tip toe through the tulips"
Were you wearing a sundress too?

@Caballus - STOP IT - I just wasted 5 minutes on the Seinfeld... now I'm gonna waste another 4 on this one... I'm trying to be productive here!
Productive? Your here bragging about a purse, getting your nails done, and singing and skipping, how is this productive? :D

OP
OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
Productive? Your here bragging about a purse, getting your nails done, and singing and skipping, how is this productive? :D
Apparently you you have never "just run out for a quick errand" with your wife... Fairly certain above sentence defines "productive"... :like:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Apparently you you have never "just run out for a quick errand" with your wife... Fairly certain above sentence defines "productive"... :like:
Was married then was paroled, and my dumb ass decided to be incarcerated for a second time, so fairly certain I have, now take your fruit hat and sundress with you pumps or high heels and get me some wings Damn it! :D

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Instructions for Caliperfexion brake studs said in there somewhere "12 point 9/16" star drive socket" - so I was thinking "this is something special"...
To be clear, the instructions merely say you need a 12 point 9/16" socket, nowhere ever is there any mention of it being "star drive." There is more surface area on a 12 point fastener head than a typical hex and it is the way to go on fasteners used in automotive performance hardware, aircraft, etc. The additional points of engagement also allow more socket clocking choice such that you can engage the mesh between the fastener and socket in more ways than a hex socket.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have a pretty solid collection of tools... but where the #3ll do you find this unicorn?
I have a bunch of eTorx - they are not 12 point... I have spline drive - which will work but will probably grove up the nut... Weird AF choice of a nut IMHO... so - where does one find the correct socket for this thing?

And do not tell me vise grips - I will yell at you if you do that...
Lowe’s has them. I just picked up one in their loose sockets bin.

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
Been a rough couple of weeks. You guys crack me up. Thanks for that.