You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Today I installed a set of Caliperfexion 17-4 PH stainless caliper studs on my 2020 GT500, and I thought I would post my results, incase anyone else may be interested. The directions are well written, and are complete with all the required specs, so I will just show the major steps.

Let me start by saying, these things are a work of art, they are almost too beautiful to hide behind the caliper. They arrived nicely packaged, and supplied with everything you need to complete the job. I also picked up a set of caliper extensions to make pad swapping, or suspension work even easier.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

As I was about to take the front wheels off, and then I remembered that I purchased a set of these lug guide tools when I was at the Ford Nationals car show in Carlisle, PA, back in 2016. Initially, I bought them to aid in installing the really heavy 35” wheels & tires I had on my 6” suspension lifted 2015. They did not work on the aftermarket wheels I was using (stud holes were too small), so I threw them in a drawer. I remembered that I had them when I was thinking about the best way to get the wheels off without chipping the calipers.

4.JPG

5.JPG

Here are a few pictures of them in action. They worked perfect!

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

Next, unbolt and hang the caliper out of the way, using caution to not stress the brake line too much. I used these caliper hangers, which work perfectly with these heavy calipers.

11.JPG

12.JPG

Now, you are going to want to spend a little time cleaning the dried thread locker from the threaded holes, and from the mating surfaces of the caliper and knuckle. A razor blade worked best to clean the mating surfaces, and an air hose to blast out the threads after cleaning them. I also needed a file to fix a burr that I found on the lower mounting surface.

13.JPG

Here you can see the expired thread locker in the threads, on the the knuckle, and caliper. The third picture shows the burr that I need to file off.

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

After everything is clean, apply some of the included thread locker on the stud threads and install them into the knuckle. When finished there should be 3 7/16” between the knuckle and the end of the stud.

17.jpg

18.JPG

Using the supplied thread lubricant, put a light coat on hub of the stud, and on the thread ends before you slide the caliper into position.

19.JPG

Using a pad spreader, open the pads up to make sliding the caliper back over the rotor much easier. I also like to thread a lug nut on one of the wheel studs to hold the caliper flat against the hub.

20.JPG

This is where I want to show you just how great the caliper extensions are. With the nuts and washers removed (if previously installed), simply thread them onto the studs. This allows you to slide the caliper out for swapping the pads, or rotor, or even suspension work. They keep the calipers out of the way, and safe from dangling danger, lol. These truly are brilliant, and are extremely useful. My only advice is to release the brake pad keepers before sliding the calipers out to the end of the extensions. They are more than capable of safely holding the caliper, I just would not want to torque on the caliper while the extensions are carrying the full weight.

21.JPG
22.JPG

Lastly, place the washer and 12 point nut on the end of the stud and torque to the proper setting.

23.JPG

When you are done you should see only one thread showing past the end of the nut.

24.JPG

The stud extensions come with threaded plugs to protect the female threads when not in use. I also used them to store the included jam nuts, incase I ever need to take the studs out again.

IMG_0770.jpg

It’s now time to grab your favorite beverage and marvel in the beauty that you just installed.

:beer:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Things are so much easier with the right tools and I can see you don't scrimp there. Superb work Jaime. I look forward to every writeup you do on this car. And thanks for picking out that steering wheel from Beith - so good I had to order the exact same one. Should be here in 3 or four days. Can't wait!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime: Did I see THREE Snap-On torque wrenches?!

I'm wondering if you all get a deal with them? <smile> Needless to say, I'm envious and, as always, first rate post, amigo.
Just one in those pictures buddy. The others are ratchets :thumbsup:

Yes, I have a tool fetish :muscle:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Things are so much easier with the right tools and I can see you don't scrimp there. Superb work Jaime. I look forward to every writeup you do on this car. And thanks for picking out that steering wheel from Beith - so good I had to order the exact same one. Should be here in 3 or four days. Can't wait!
Thats great news! I cant wait to hear your impression of it. I appreciate the kind words, and I could say the same about you :thumbsup:

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime: Here's a quick story that may put a grin on your face.

When I would go to the squadron prior to a hop with a couple students, I'd have to walk through one of the hangars.

Well, the ol' Snap-On driver/salesman would be there just about every day and when I'd see it, I'd fantasize about stealing the truck! <grin>

So, like you, I also have a tool fetish BUT, yours is at a whole different level. <smile>

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Well done! You could have probably done a strength workout with those calipers :)

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, check out the new product by the makers of Caliperfexion. These are a game changer when trying to avoid whacking and chipping your calipers.

The video happens to me a masterpiece, if you ask me.

Available soon.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Source for the caliper hangers? Something I should have had on hand years ago instead of Rube Goldberging it....

I can attest to the awesomeness of the Reverse Logic lug bolt guides.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Today I installed a set of Caliperfexion 17-4 PH stainless caliper studs on my 2020 GT500, and I thought I would post my results, incase anyone else may be interested. The directions are well written, and are complete with all the required specs, so I will just show the major steps.

Let me start by saying, these things are a work of art, they are almost too beautiful to hide behind the caliper. They arrived nicely packaged, and supplied with everything you need to complete the job. I also picked up a set of caliper extensions to make pad swapping, or suspension work even easier.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

As I was about to take the front wheels off, and then I remembered that I purchased a set of these lug guide tools when I was at the Ford Nationals car show in Carlisle, PA, back in 2016. Initially, I bought them to aid in installing the really heavy 35” wheels & tires I had on my 6” suspension lifted 2015. They did not work on the aftermarket wheels I was using (stud holes were too small), so I threw them in a drawer. I remembered that I had them when I was thinking about the best way to get the wheels off without chipping the calipers.

4.JPG

5.JPG

Here are a few pictures of them in action. They worked perfect!

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

Next, unbolt and hang the caliper out of the way, using caution to not stress the brake line too much. I used these caliper hangers, which work perfectly with these heavy calipers.

11.JPG

12.JPG

Now, you are going to want to spend a little time cleaning the dried thread locker from the threaded holes, and from the mating surfaces of the caliper and knuckle. A razor blade worked best to clean the mating surfaces, and an air hose to blast out the threads after cleaning them. I also needed a file to fix a burr that I found on the lower mounting surface.

13.JPG

Here you can see the expired thread locker in the threads, on the the knuckle, and caliper. The third picture shows the burr that I need to file off.

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

After everything is clean, apply some of the included thread locker on the stud threads and install them into the knuckle. When finished there should be 3 7/16” between the knuckle and the end of the stud.

17.jpg

18.JPG

Using the supplied thread lubricant, put a light coat on hub of the stud, and on the thread ends before you slide the caliper into position.

19.JPG

Using a pad spreader, open the pads up to make sliding the caliper back over the rotor much easier. I also like to thread a lug nut on one of the wheel studs to hold the caliper flat against the hub.

20.JPG

This is where I want to show you just how great the caliper extensions are. With the nuts and washers removed (if previously installed), simply thread them onto the studs. This allows you to slide the caliper out for swapping the pads, or rotor, or even suspension work. They keep the calipers out of the way, and safe from dangling danger, lol. These truly are brilliant, and are extremely useful. My only advice is to release the brake pad keepers before sliding the calipers out to the end of the extensions. They are more than capable of safely holding the caliper, I just would not want to torque on the caliper while the extensions are carrying the full weight.

21.JPG
22.JPG

Lastly, place the washer and 12 point nut on the end of the stud and torque to the proper setting.

23.JPG

When you are done you should see only one thread showing past the end of the nut.

24.JPG

The stud extensions come with threaded plugs to protect the female threads when not in use. I also used them to store the included jam nuts, incase I ever need to take the studs out again.

IMG_0770.jpg

It’s now time to grab your favorite beverage and marvel in the beauty that you just installed.

:beer:
Nice write up.

How long did it take for yours to arrive? I ordered last week and have not heard squat.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice write up.

How long did it take for yours to arrive? I ordered last week and have not heard squat.
Thank you.

Jeeze, this was a while ago, but I don’t remember any delayed shipping. I found their customer service to be top notch. Shoot them an email, if you haven’t already.
Sponsored