Sponsored

Bullitt Supercharger

Is it sacrilege to supercharge the Bullitt?

• Total voters

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
At the end of the day, the Bullitt is a Mustang. We put superchargers on the GTs for the same reason you would put it on your Bullitt. Do you need it, heck no. Does the car run great with it, heck yes. Elp_jc stated the manual MT 84 is not good for launches....but really didn't every single one of us that bought the manual car already know that. Get on it after the launch and a supercharger will really bring a smile to your face. You have to remember there are many keyboard people who haven't tried something but hate it because of this or that reason. He stated that it would only go fast in a straight line.......hmmm that means the same thing for his stock Bullitt, but I'm pretty sure there is a reason the Bullitt and all the other Mustangs have a different axle set-up for the past few years. Everyone that supercharges their cars are not looking to drag race. That train of thought typically comes from people that really aren't interested in anything other than what they have. The car is great as it is....for some people, then there are those of us that want to take greatness to a different level. There are those that will say 460-475 horsepower is more than a person needs. Those words were also said when cars were peaking at 350 hp and lower.

If it is worth it to you, why not do it?
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
He stated that it would only go fast in a straight line.......hmmm that means the same thing for his stock Bullitt
Nope. It actually handles really well after installing front and rear sub-frame braces. And it wasn't bad at all before that. That's why I said that. I wouldn't consider it as a track car, but it really hold its own tackling canyon roads at an aggressive clip. It wouldn't be safe to do it any faster than that (about 0.9G), so this car is perfect for that... but wouldn't want it any slower either, which is exactly what would happen when you add close to 200 lbs at the very front of the nose. But to each his own :).

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think I am going to have to check the weight and the distribution :)

Nope. It actually handles really well after installing front and rear sub-frame braces. And it wasn't bad at all before that. That's why I said that. I wouldn't consider it as a track car, but it really hold its own tackling canyon roads at an aggressive clip. It wouldn't be safe to do it any faster than that (about 0.9G), so this car is perfect for that... but wouldn't want it any slower either, which is exactly what would happen when you add close to 200 lbs at the very front of the nose. But to each his own :).

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I stated earlier my Whipple added exactly 92 additional pounds to my Bullitt. and they have to think that the GT500 must be heavier in the front end as well that we know it's one of the best handling cars out there. I never noticed any difference in driving my Bullitt except that coming out of corners and accelerating hard, there is no way the naturally aspirated car can keep up. Worth it in my opinion.

L0566Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
I was set on a supercharger...until I installed 4.88 gears. Problem solved, no need for a SC.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I was set on a supercharger...until I installed 4.88 gears. Problem solved, no need for a SC.
I followed your thread earlier. I ordered a Mach I which is pretty much the Bullitt with a tremec, but the tremec has somewhat similar gearing.

Since this thread is kinda old, can you go over how you recitifed the gear change with Forscan? I believe changing the gearing in the Mach will fix my desire to SC it.

If I remember correctly, you also were able to retain rev matching?

L0566Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
I followed your thread earlier. I ordered a Mach I which is pretty much the Bullitt with a tremec, but the tremec has somewhat similar gearing.

Since this thread is kinda old, can you go over how you recitifed the gear change with Forscan? I believe changing the gearing in the Mach will fix my desire to SC it.

If I remember correctly, you also were able to retain rev matching?
I wasn't able to fix it with Forscan, but the Steeda tune did fix everything and I was able to retain rev matching.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
480HP is more than I need and I am already frustrated with having to hold the car back, already at speeding ticket speeds at the 2-3 shift, and go to jail speeds at the 3-4 shift, but hey, it's your car! I am thinking about the Steeda tune to open the bottom end a bit, but I am more than satisfied with stock.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Does the op have rev matching? If not then he can switch to a 11-17 MT-82 with better gearing and get a stage 3 from Calimer transmissions, put in a better clutch while he's at it. Then he will have a much better driveline suited for supercharging. Then just supercharge that bitch.
In the end people supercharge PP1 mustangs all the time, so why not S/C a bullitt. What is a bullitt anyway, mechanically it's just a manual PP1 with a GT 350 intake manifold and ugly green paint, so why not just S/C it and have some fun.

L0566Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Does the op have rev matching? If not then he can switch to a 11-17 MT-82 with better gearing and get a stage 3 from Calimer transmissions, put in a better clutch while he's at it. Then he will have a much better driveline suited for supercharging. Then just supercharge that bitch.
In the end people supercharge PP1 mustangs all the time, so why not S/C a bullitt. What is a bullitt anyway, mechanically it's just a manual PP1 with a GT 350 intake manifold and ugly green paint, so why not just S/C it and have some fun.
Yes, the 2019/20 Bullitts have rev matching
Sponsored