Sponsored

Bullitt Supercharger question

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes, I have a tuner. It had to be tuned after installing that apparatus.

Illadvised, thanks for your opinion, but I can't ask my tuner about things if I don't know what they are. A tuner or a shop can recommended whatever, just to make money: but in here you are getting straight up experience.

The purpose of these forums is to gain information from people whom have actually used and or experienced things that you are thinking about getting/doing. Thanks for your input.
I am Lund tuned, they tune dw95s so you should be fine with those. After 11-12 psi 93 loses a lot of ability to suppress knock on a stock gen3. You will need more octane.

The point of getting 1000cc injectors like these are to be able to properly fuel the car for Ethanol blended fuels. You can get away with running a smaller injector if you are going to stay on 93.

E-85 will require a return fuel system unless you can find someone willing to tune without one.
Sponsored

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
I am Lund tuned, they tune dw95s so you should be fine with those. After 11-12 psi 93 loses a lot of ability to suppress knock on a stock gen3. You will need more octane.

The point of getting 1000cc injectors like these are to be able to properly fuel the car for Ethanol blended fuels. You can get away with running a smaller injector if you are going to stay on 93.

E-85 will require a return fuel system unless you can find someone willing to tune without one.
Talked to tuner yesterday. He likes all we've discussed here pertaining to injectors and pulley. Only thing he is massively stressing, is Long tube headers first. Said too much additional power trying to force through the shorty stock headers would be a massive strain on the engine, and it will perform 100% better. He also is strongly suggesting "2 inch" LTH.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Talked to tuner yesterday. He likes all we've discussed here pertaining to injectors and pulley. Only thing he is massively stressing, is Long tube headers first. Said too much additional power trying to force through the shorty stock headers would be a massive strain on the engine, and it will perform 100% better. He also is strongly suggesting "2 inch" LTH.
1-7/8 " primaries on the LTH. They do not need to be 2". 2" WILL contact the A/C line and maybe even need massaging to fit even on the driver side. There is no gain to be had unless you're making over 1500 wheel

If you can install the LTH before you add the injectors and pulley down to see the gains. If you're going to stay say less than 700 wheel you should be ok. With 1000 injectors. Fuel system is a huge upgrade and you should decide whether or not to do that rather than just band aid it with a BAP. If there is no worries for more power that 700~ go BAP LTH and a bit more boost.

Last edited:

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
1-7/8 " primaries on the LTH. They do not need to be 2". 2" WILL contact the A/C line and maybe even need massaging to fit even on the driver side. There is no gain to be had unless you're making over 1500 wheel. Getting rid of the sticky shorts will have some issues mainly with cats.

If you can install the LTH before you add the injectors and pulley down to see the gains. If you're going to stay say less than 700 wheel you should be ok. With 1000 injectors. Fuel system is a huge upgrade and you should decide whether or not to do that rather than just band aid it with a BAP. If there is no worries for more power that 700~ go BAP LTH and a bit more boost.
So everything is done, minus the E85 tune (that was a disaster). Found out that we needed a return fuel system (like you said) to run the E85 properly. Rather than getting one now, I just went with the BAP, and did not do the E85 tune at this time.

The BAP was suggested by PBD because the car was still stalling, running rich and lean on pump gas (a real mess). The turner that my shop used is not experienced with Coyotes/S550s.

The owner of the shop got PBD involved and they straightened out everything. Why did I use this shop you ask? They are an authorized dealer for Pro Charger, and installed it with their eyes closed. Car ran great after basic procharger install and tune, but once I got into the bigger fuel injector and bigger fuel pump and E85 tune waters, that tuner was out of his league as it pertains to Coyotes.

I still want to do the E85 tune, but need the return fuel system. Will the BAP need to be uninstalled when the return fuel system is installed? I was told that the return fuel system will run the pump gas tune and E85 tune just fine with no problems.

603whp
463trq

Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
I went with ESS and had PBD tune it for me. I'm making more HP than you want but you can always run lower boost.

are you running G2 or G3? What size injectors do you have? Pulley size? Those are great number and what i want o mine… how does it drive???

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
Was it all worth it?
Yes. I'm running the entry level pro charger system which is the P1-SC1. I have gone up in boost (pulley down) to squeeze more hp out of it. I was telling someone else, that I wanted as much hp as I could get without having to do oil pump and gears upgrade, or hurting the engine. The car is running very strong now and you can definitely feel the power, but I really thought I'd be in the higher hp numbers with the fuel upgrades I've done. I believe that the bigger injectors and fuel pump are more for a stage two upgrade. I don't know

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
Whipple Stage 1 recently installed. I went with a modified Whipple tune and increased WTQ by 63% and WHP by 50% with a significantly louder 'cackle'. Torque wins races and substantially increases the "holy crap!" factor.
Whipple1.JPG

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Headers are moot under 800whp. A Gen 3 with stock manifolds will make 700-800 just as easily on stock manifolds as with LT's. My buds Gen 3 makes 765whp through stock manifolds and cats @ 13psi on 93/meth with 17° of spark. For the past 20K miles......

Factory exhaust flows better than most think.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Headers are moot under 800whp. A Gen 3 with stock manifolds will make 700-800 just as easily on stock manifolds as with LT's. My buds Gen 3 makes 765whp through stock manifolds and cats @ 13psi on 93/meth with 17° of spark. For the past 20K miles......

I wouldn't say moot, when I changed from stock catted headers to long tubes I picked up very noticeable power all around, when I used to hit 3rd (around 85mph) it wouldn't pull very strong, only change was long tubes and 3rd pulled noticeably harder. I would say 30rwhp or so, never dyno'd it but a big gain that i felt. I was prochaged on 4.75 pulley back then.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I wouldn't say moot, when I changed from stock catted headers to long tubes I picked up very noticeable power all around, when I used to hit 3rd (around 85mph) it wouldn't pull very strong, only change was long tubes and 3rd pulled noticeably harder. I would say 30rwhp or so, never dyno'd it but a big gain that i felt. I was prochaged on 4.75 pulley back then.
That as well could be placebo. If you don't have data to confirm, you can't say they added power. It usually takes a 5%-10% increase in power to FEEL it. My bud is running a 4.63" pulley on his D1-X, and his factory manifolds and cats aren't hurting him a bit. He's run 10.01 @ 137.3 on that combo as well.

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT

I bet those cats are blown out too. My pro charger was crushing my cats. I have hi flow now. You said “93/meth” , is the meth injection?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I bet those cats are blown out too. My pro charger was crushing my cats. I have hi flow now. You said “93/meth” , is the meth injection?
Yes. We had the exhaust off last weekend and they looked perfect and are still doing their job perfectly. Passes emissions.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes. We had the exhaust off last weekend and they looked perfect and are still doing their job perfectly. Passes emissions.
93+METH IS SEX.... I LOVE IT
DONT STAND BEHIND IT BECAUSE IT BURNS UR EYES
Sponsored