Sponsored

Bullitt single horn - FIXED!

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
So I ordered the assembly from the local dealership as it was reasonable enough. However when asked about the mid year change from dual to single, the parts person turned a bit into a “dick”, other than him looking like Hagrid from Harry Potter I left it alone. He did tell me in movie the 67 Bullitt only had a single horn setup so I am confused or is he talking out of his ass?

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
So I ordered the assembly from the local dealership as it was reasonable enough. However when asked about the mid year change from dual to single, the parts person turned a bit into a “dick”, other than him looking like Hagrid from Harry Potter I left it alone. He did tell me in movie the 67 Bullitt only had a single horn setup so I am confused or is he talking out of his ass?
I think I would classify that under "ass". The '67 Mustang also didnt have Magnaride, active exhaust, digital dash, rev matching....................

Last edited:

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I tried to replace mine myself. Getting the air box off was easy enough and even getting the horn disconnected and removed wasn't too bad. Putting the new horns in was impossible for me. My best friend has worked on small engines all his life and it took him all of 20 seconds to install the new horns for me.

If you're good with tiny fasteners in tight spaces (long fingers help) it shouldn't be a problem.
I had the same problem. No matter how I approached it and no matter how much I took off the engine to get at it, I couldn't get the horns back in. Gave up after 3 hours.

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Did you try "hanging" the horns on the hook? I didn't even see that hook until they were installed.

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Did you try "hanging" the horns on the hook? I didn't even see that hook until they were installed.
Yes, but that was actually the problem. When you try to hang the horn assembly on the hook, it jars the nut clip out of alignment. My hands are too large, as well, and I have carpal tunnel.
If I try it again, Im going to put a glob of putty in the slot for the nut, to hold it, bring the horn bracket close to the mounting area while holding the bolt in the bracket and start the bolt into the nut. Then, mount the horn bracket hook on the mounting area and finish bolting it on. Someone else mentioned that before.

What I will add: BEFORE you start this project, put a light colored microfiber towel on the engine pan below all this!
You'll thank me later....

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
So, I FINALLY got the dual horns in after a couple of more hours. For the $50 that a dealer charges, I recommend that anyone contemplating the change spend the $50.
The only problem, now, is that I should NEVER have taken the airbox out and I can't get the soundtube bracket back on the airbox housing.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Takes pics of how it looks now. I'm sure we can help you get back n place.

Sponsored

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Takes pics of how it looks now. I'm sure we can help you get back n place.
So the slot on the side of the airbox has a plastic "pin" sticking out that stops the flat flange on the sound tube.
I also included a photo of the airbox "snout" because someone said that it is easy to get this back on wrong and I may have done just that. Is that rubber supposed to be inside the grille tube or outside like this?
Thank You so much for your help!
20190826_123013.jpg
20190826_123050.jpg

dagobert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost , Ford S-Max, Mustang Bullitt since 07/2019
Vehicle Showcase
Took my EU Bullitt, build in may, to the Ford Dealer to have my horn replaced. They took away the airbox and we found two horns, made in USA by Fiam. Excatly what I ordered for replacement. Some guys here in Germany also got their Bullitts with two horns. I better had tried before.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
So the slot on the side of the airbox has a plastic "pin" sticking out that stops the flat flange on the sound tube.
I also included a photo of the airbox "snout" because someone said that it is easy to get this back on wrong and I may have done just that. Is that rubber supposed to be inside the grille tube or outside like this?
Thank You so much for your help!
20190826_123013.jpg
20190826_123050.jpg
Mine wasn't attached when I bought the car. Was flopping around and I didn't like that. I couldn't get it in for the life of me. Then I somehow managed to get it lined up square in the hole and gave it a shove downward and it just popped into place. I should have just removed the whole sound tube but the car was brand new and I wanted to keep it stock for now. Give it another go.
Sponsored