Sponsored

2019 Bullitt single horn to dual swap.

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Today I replaced the cute little single horn with the 2020 dual version. It takes a 10, 7 and 8mm deep socket and 1/4 " drive and a short extension. I did utilize a Chapman tool to tighten up the fastener on the new horns. Less room in there to turn the bolt with the second horn on the bracket. Remove the airbox seal and lid. Remove the Air filter, the two vacuum lines on the intake hose and remove it from the throttle body. I left the sensor plugged in, just move the intake hose out of the way. Remove the airbox and the horn fastener bolt and swap out the new part, it takes about 30-45 minutes. It took me longer because I was taking pictures of the path the car gets its fresh air from through the grille openings. If anybody wants to see what that looks like, message me and I can send them to you. I may use my Rotozip to enlarge the small grille openings inside the octagonal shapes, no big rush. I had the first oil change yesterday at the dealer and full synthetic used. We have the seven year service contract. The Beast had 1,666 miles on it. I was happy the service tech swapped my magnets to the new filter without me reminding them to do it. I showed them the car was built over a year ago so the original oil needed to go. If anybody has more questions, I would be glad to help.
IMG_20200614_081235.jpg
IMG_20200614_080017.jpg
IMG_20200614_075923.jpg
IMG_20200614_075858.jpg
IMG_20200611_231510.jpg
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I installed mine from the bottom, since I had to remove the belly pan to install fiberglass screening to protect the radiators. It was a PITA too, but seems like it doesn't take much longer than from above. I tried to do it from above, but after removing the top 'seal', there still was no space to get a hand in there, so waited until I did the fiberglass install to do both jobs. It took me a minute to swap it from below. Now it sounds like a car, not like a moped. Ha ha.

OP
OP
Turbo23

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
How did the radiator screen cover turn out? Can you share some pictures of it? I did that on my Honda since so much of the radiator is exposed. That sounds like a good idea but I'm curious how you did yours.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Forgot to take pictures. But was able to do a perfect job covering 100% of the radiator. Wasn't able to put the screen ahead of the radiator, to also serve as stone protector, since there's absolutely nowhere to hold it separated from the radiator (in this case is the condenser, which is in front of the radiator), so it's right against the condenser, like it's typically the case. At the bottom, I ended up making a small hole on a sealing rubber piece that has soft rubber at the edges, but gets harder where it mounts, and I used the hardened part. If you get in there, you'll kinow what I'm talking about . Ha ha. There's no space from the top to clean the screen, so the only way to clean it will be with the high pressure manual car wash wand. But the thick grille holes don't allow to get the water sprayed sideways, to dislodge the crap better, so it's only possible straight-thru. We'll see how easy it cleans after a trip. But that thing is awesome to avoid getting the condenser and radiator blocked with crap over time. Ask me in a couple of months how it worked, since I'm doing 2 long trips in that time frame :).

ApolloBeachRetiree

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang w Mag Ride
I also installed the dual horn assembly this morning. Tight fit and scraped fingers but now I have a real horn rather than the factory installed wimp.

SideShowB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K4342
Vehicle Showcase
Do this: lift the front left corner of the car and remove the front drivers side wheel. carefully remove the plastic retainers on the bottom of the fender inner liner where it attaches to the front splitter. now you can lift the edge of the fender liner and get to the horn. theres tons of room to get both hands in there, and actually see what you are doing. you can swap out the horn in about 2 minutes. Its much easier than removing the airbox.
Sponsored

Last edited: