Bullitt single horn - FIXED!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Took my EU Bullitt, build in may, to the Ford Dealer to have my horn replaced. They took away the airbox and we found two horns, made in USA by Fiam. Excatly what I ordered for replacement. Some guys here in Germany also got their Bullitts with two horns. I better had tried before.
That’s a good thing. Maybe EU standards required the two note horn?
Sponsored

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Thanks, Stang Time! I was able to get the tip of the sound tube tang into that boss on the airbox and it seems like it's locked in place. Alls well that ends well.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
However I don't have the slightest idea of why there is a "sound tube".
Sometime when you have nothing better to do you can search for "sound tube delete" and entertain yourself for hours or fall asleep reading. It could go either way. :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Rick, I’m sitting here at my dealer with nothing to do so I’ll get you started......
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sound-tube-delete.123422/
Hey, thanks for the thread referral!
I did fall asleep several times while reading it! LOL..
In the end, I'd rather listen to the $895 stereo than to some "possible" sounds coming from the sound tube.
It really is an absurd waste of time, engineering, and materials. I'm just going to leave it. I have an extended warranty and when that's over I'll see about removing it.
Thanks to all who replied!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My horns are in to my local dealer. Getting ceramic coating and horns install on Tuesday.
I swear, I first read this as "getting ceramic coated horns installed".

I was impressed!!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
CERAMIC COATING....is the only way to go!! 1st thing I did to my BULLIT back in March!! I use CQUARTZ UK 3.0.....and now I have done 5 cars including my CRV winter beater in progress!!! I buy all my products from Sky’s The Limit in Florida!! I don’t understand why more guys don’t do this process themselves???? I’ve had quite a few comments on the paint and finish on my BULLITT !!!! https://www.carpro-us.com/
49A920B9-0DB0-42BA-9A03-5C71E190D59E.jpeg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
CERAMIC COATING....is the only way to go!! 1st thing I did to my BULLIT back in March!! I use CQUARTZ UK 3.0.....and now I have done 5 cars including my CRV winter beater in progress!!! I buy all my products from Sky’s The Limit in Florida!! I don’t understand why more guys don’t do this process themselves???? I’ve had quite a few comments on the paint and finish on my BULLITT !!!! https://www.carpro-us.com/
49A920B9-0DB0-42BA-9A03-5C71E190D59E.jpeg
This is great but most importantly did you do your horns? :crackup:

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I have a train horn to install over the winter...and yes, they are already Ceramic Coated....as are my wheels in and out!!
I will have 5 horns when done!!!

Sponsored

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Just placed my order,$19 for the horns & $11 to ship, not bad. Thanks allergen! By the way did you get any snow?
;)
I swapped out the puny OE horn for the double horn referenced in the OP above. I did it from the top after removing the radiator cover, but in hindsight Shipey's dealer probably took the right approach by removing the airbox. I chose not to use the OE horn bracket; instead using the identical bracket provided with the dual horns. One bolt (8mm hex head), and it's out after undoing the connector. It can also be swapped from the bottom by loosening up the left side of the plastic cover, but again, the airbox removal is likely the best path.

Comparison of the OE and dual horns:

YooK7iXh.jpg

Radiator cover removed for access:

jv9PHGGh.jpg

The horn is located at the end of the light:

ODE0Nf0h.jpg

Close up of the horn under the airbox; it's the shiny thing:

0IUFBuXh.jpg

Thanks again to Shipey for doing the investigation and sharing the dual horn p/n :-)

OP
OP
Shipey

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
Thanks again to Shipey for doing the investigation and sharing the dual horn p/n :-)
Was happy to help. Just did the same for my 2019 Edge ST that came with just one horn!

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I did it too. I went straight in from above, without removing anything else apart from one wire connector that was directly in the way.
The hardest part was, when removing the old horn, the sheet-metal nut fell onto that tray and it took me a long time to find it.
Installing the new horn is harder than removing the old one because the second horn gets in your way.
I would up using a very short handled 1/4" drive ratchet with a variety of extensions/deep socket. 5/16" size works if you don't have an 8mm handy.

It does sound nice. Too bad it's 10:30 at night, because I want to get a good long listen to it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I did it too. I went straight in from above, without removing anything else apart from one wire connector that was directly in the way.
The hardest part was, when removing the old horn, the sheet-metal nut fell onto that tray and it took me a long time to find it.
Installing the new horn is harder than removing the old one because the second horn gets in your way.
I would up using a very short handled 1/4" drive ratchet with a variety of extensions/deep socket. 5/16" size works if you don't have an 8mm handy.

It does sound nice. Too bad it's 10:30 at night, because I want to get a good long listen to it.
It’s a shame that we had to replace something that was always there in the past. That said the first time you really need it you’ll realize how much it was worth it.

OP
OP
Shipey

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
Was happy to help. Just did the same for my 2019 Edge ST that came with just one horn!
Sponsored