Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
Hi Guys,

New to this forum. I just got my '19 Bullitt back from the dealer for a 'weak horn' replacement and, of course, the horn is no better! I don't think the dealer knew about this issue else he would have told me 'they all do that,' but it was a pain to be without the car for most of the day. It looks like DIY is the way to go, but I've looked and can't see how it would be easy to remove the CAB; Shipey, can you give some idea how the dealer got the air box out? Did he have to disconnect at the throttle body, or is there an easier way? If you don't know, no problem, I have access to a grease pit and it looks like going in from the underneath may be easiest for a ham-fisted mechanic like me.

I traded my '08 Bullitt in on this car. It had a two-note horn assembly, but blew one of them at about 120K miles. That was a bit of a bother to replace, the assembly was in front of the A/C heat exchanger and I had to loosen the top radiator bolts and pull the rad back a bit to get to it (bunged-up the exchanger a bit).

Side note: We're pretty much a 'Ford Family.' My dad was a factory rep for Ford for a couple years out of the old Milpitas, CA assembly plant. Dad died last July and I inherited his '55 T-Bird and '65 Mustang convertible. My first car was a '66 Mustang I bought from my folks for $500 over 40 years ago (long gone). But, my all-time favorite cars are Austin-Healeys (I have two, a '56 and a '67).

Bob
Sorry, I don't know. I stayed in the customer lounge while he worked. It had to be easy, as he was done in 20 minutes!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shipey

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
So palning to do this Saturday. My understanding that you just have to pull the airbox and then you can reach the horn?
My guess is that's all you have to do. Dealer's tech said it was an easy fix.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I went in from underneath, but ended up pulling the airbox anyway. I think you can do it (airbox only), but it might be a bit tricky to get the connector on and the bolt--think there was only one, and a 'hook'--started.

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I just did this today without removing the airbox. I unhooked the connector, used a small socket set to remove the bolt, took out the old horn, took the new horn and put the bolt in it, positioned it into place, finger tightened it enough for it to be taut, and then repositioned the horn so the tab (hook) was inserted properly and then tightened the bolt with the socket. Once I visually verified it was in there properly I attached the connector and tested. Took about 15-30 minutes.

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The Bullitt would be easier to go in from underneath if you had it on a hoist or a lot of room to work, otherwise you have to remove the airbox.
An Eco/GT could probably get away without removing anything.

Sponsored

BrandyMB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Whomever said the dual horn swap was easy has arms that work diff from mine! Getting the air box out was a biotch but after almost an hour trying to get the backwards screw in one handed has been sheer torture. The captive nut fell out and I had to find that and then put it back in with a magnet! Im still at a standstill. after a beer I will try again..

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
Single horn for Canadian cars as well!!!!
We are royally getting jipped for the amount of money we pay for our toys!! it should be nothing but perfection, when it comes to sports cars of any kind. Anyway, me being in CANADA, I got the same treatment as our US friends from Ford. So I started looking around and noticed the diagrams on Tasca do not match the actual picture that Aileron had posted. So I am a bit confused as to what I should be getting. Also, wasn't there a posting about replacing the single horn with a dual from Ford as long as the horn was functional? I can't seem to find that post in here. Voo Doo would you be able to confirm if your horn matches either the posted picture or the Tasca diagram?

I would like the dual horn setup as it should be part of the Bullitt nomenclature.

Ronin47

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh crap!! looks like JR3Z-13832-A is not available at any Canadian Ford stealerships. :(. Looks like I will have to order from Tasca if they are the correct ones.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Oh crap!! looks like JR3Z-13832-A is not available at any Canadian Ford stealerships. :(. Looks like I will have to order from Tasca if they are the correct ones.
I got mine through my Ford Dealer. I am pretty sure that is the correct part number. If you plan on doing it yourself, it would be cheaper out of TASCA, not counting shipping. If you have it shipped to Canada, the price might start getting close. I think I paid something like $35 through the Canadian dealer

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Whomever said the dual horn swap was easy has arms that work diff from mine! Getting the air box out was a biotch but after almost an hour trying to get the backwards screw in one handed has been sheer torture. The captive nut fell out and I had to find that and then put it back in with a magnet! Im still at a standstill. after a beer I will try again..
I landed up actually removing the tube all the way up to the throttle body. A lot easier to remove the box out without that in the way.
My brain seemed to forget how the horn bracket was installed when I removed it. I kept fighting with it actually pointing the wrong way to realize how it actually went. That's what I get for starting it late in the day :)

I also got mine in Canada, not an issue.

Sponsored

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got mine through my Ford Dealer. I am pretty sure that is the correct part number. If you plan on doing it yourself, it would be cheaper out of TASCA, not counting shipping. If you have it shipped to Canada, the price might start getting close. I think I paid something like $35 through the Canadian dealer
Thanks for the advice, I might go through the dealer and also get them install it. I went through parts.ford.com and got the message it does not fit my car after specifying 2019 Mustang 5.0L

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/horn-assy-6608155-1

So I am wondering if it is still available through ford or just go through Tasca. I checked with Fraser Ford and it shows the same thing.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikeman315 what is the difference between the Level 2 and Level 3. They seem to have the same part numbers, but different pricing. is that in reference to loudness or the notes of the horns?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Bikeman315 what is the difference between the Level 2 and Level 3. They seem to have the same part numbers, but different pricing. is that in reference to loudness or the notes of the horns?
Honestly do not know. I just remembered this part when I spoke to my dealer about it.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Thanks for the advice, I might go through the dealer and also get them install it. I went through parts.ford.com and got the message it does not fit my car after specifying 2019 Mustang 5.0L

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/horn-assy-6608155-1

So I am wondering if it is still available through ford or just go through Tasca. I checked with Fraser Ford and it shows the same thing.
I ordered the 2018 dual horn. It fits. The 2019 horn is a single tone, so you need to make sure your order the 2018 dual horn assembly. Call you local dealer and have them look up the part.. Mine had to be shipped from Toronto, I assume the mains part depot for Canada.
Sponsored