Sponsored

Breaking necks/compliments

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
1. I've had many guys give me thumbs - ups in traffic.

2. A couple guys have asked me "what year is it? "

3. Endless stares at the gas stations during fill ups.

4. One guy pulled up next to me in traffic and asked me to rev it up for his son in the back seat.

5. I've seen teenagers checking out the interior at Chipotle...With facial expressions showing impressive remarks.

6. I've had BMW M5's chasing me on the freeway and I've taken them for ride keeping them behind my rear view mirror.

7. One of my neighbors has asked me what I do for a living because he has seen me driving 4 different new cars in less than 2 years...But he said he liked the Stang better than my '15 STi and '13 ATS.

8. My fave has been this guy who I found parked in a parking lot by a liquor store. He said..." I heard you coming about 3 blocks away, then you got lost. He was like, where did he go? Till i pulled up in the lot and he came out to look at the car. He couldn't believe that with just a catback (Gibson) it sounded mean as fak... And was impressed.
Sponsored

archaica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB PP
Got my Mustang Saturday ... already had one kid playing soccer go "whoa, cool car!" and a thumbs-up from a fellow Mustang driver at the turn to work. My co-workers into cars all seem quite impressed. They should call the engine the EgoBoost.

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Got my Mustang Saturday ... already had one kid playing soccer go "whoa, cool car!" and a thumbs-up from a fellow Mustang driver at the turn to work. My co-workers into cars all seem quite impressed. They should call the engine the EgoBoost.
Hahahaha. Exactly the same here. I took few colleagues for a ride and they call it Egoboost :lol:

Detector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I get compliments almost every time I stop at a convenience store. More than I ever got with any of my other cars. I'm proud to say Big Worm Graphix has put my car on their web site as an example of the stripes they have.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not an official compliment, but I had just stopped near the bottom of an exit ramp of the expressway yesterday, and up comes a Nissan Altima on my right side who slows down, stops right next to me, and takes a picture with his cell phone. He drove forward with traffic after he took the picture! :lol:

Elvis has a Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible 50 Years Edition
Not an official compliment, but I had just stopped near the bottom of an exit ramp of the expressway yesterday, and up comes a Nissan Altima on my right side who slows down, stops right next to me, and takes a picture with his cell phone. He drove forward with traffic after he took the picture! :lol:
Your wife may have a put a hit out on you too. :D

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had a good laugh today.

It was in the mid-60's this morning and I have the Corsa Xtreme cat-back. I parked, facing away, about 6 feet from my work's dedicated smoking area. I had to run a quick errand and there was about 10 people in the smoking area. As soon as I cranked her, everyone jumped. The women starting bickering and the guys started walking up to the fence and telling me how awesome it sounded.

raceguy13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp CO
I have had my car less than 24 hours and had a guy in a mini van already stop mid turn to stare at my car

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
gotta love them cold starts in the morning.

it was nice today so i had my windows down. 2 different people had a convo with me at 2 stoplights in a row.

the first was in a minivan, and he asked me how i liked it, and that he's getting one in a few months. i asked, which one, an ecoboost? he said, hell naw, u need a 5.0 in this thing.

next light over a guy in a dinan 550i said hey nice car, how do i get my exhaust to sound like yours?

Sponsored

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Went to go pick up my girl at work. The second I pulled up, a large family was walking by and the dad immediately went all wide eye saying how beautiful it is, and he use to have one a LONG LONG time ago. I gave it a rev, snap crackle, pop and his daughters screamed :cool:

He laughed

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Got stuck talking to this bmw z4 owner for a couple minutes while walking to my car. Kept telling me how good it looks, and how there are only a VERY VERY VERY few Mustangs/Muscle cars he likes, and this one is BEAUTIFUL. He was smoking outside my car and the smell started getting in so I dropped my top and the second it opened up he jumped backwards and went WHOA! It's a convertible?! Then he gets surprised again when he looks at the top and says "IT'S A SOFT TOP?!"

He didn't notice because my car is blacked out. Then he goes onto complimenting the beautiful red interior and the dash layout, then the rims. He first asked me if it was the v8, I said no, 2.3 He thought I was talking about the v6 until he heard the exhaust then turbo, and says shockingly "It has a turbo?!" Then goes on about how 4 cylinders are better than v8's lol

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Where do you all live getting these compliments? When I lived in HI and got the car I got no compliments or anything. Even here in LA I don't get compliments or second looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Where do you all live getting these compliments? When I lived in HI and got the car I got no compliments or anything. Even here in LA I don't get compliments or second looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NYC, people act like it's some kind of supercar rolling down the city out of nowhere, guess it's because there aren't many 2015's around. Especially not convertibles with redline. The first couple months of driving this car, I was able to count on both hands the amount of days where I DIDN'T get a single compliment.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Got stuck talking to this bmw z4 owner for a couple minutes while walking to my car. Kept telling me how good it looks, and how there are only a VERY VERY VERY few Mustangs/Muscle cars he likes, and this one is BEAUTIFUL. He was smoking outside my car and the smell started getting in so I dropped my top and the second it opened up he jumped backwards and went WHOA! It's a convertible?! Then he gets surprised again when he looks at the top and says "IT'S A SOFT TOP?!"

He didn't notice because my car is blacked out. Then he goes onto complimenting the beautiful red interior and the dash layout, then the rims. He first asked me if it was the v8, I said no, 2.3 He thought I was talking about the v6 until he heard the exhaust then turbo, and says shockingly "It has a turbo?!" Then goes on about how 4 cylinders are better than v8's lol
Exactly what was that dude smoking?! ... he sounded so excited. :D
Sponsored