Boostane? With 91oct?

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Im currently FBO CJ On a ESS setup on 120mm pulley Gen2, When I go WOT I dont see positive knock or nothing but was wondering if I added Boostane and if how much to mix, would I need another tune or can I just add some and expect more power?, would my spark plugs be bad bad?

Thanks !
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
No need for a new tune. There is a chart on the can that tells you how much to add to meet a specific octane. And your plugs will get coated in orange stuff from using it.

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Is that oranage stuff bad for the plugs ? Should I be concerned? Or running race gas a better option?

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Is that oranage stuff bad for the plugs ? Should I be concerned? Or running race gas a better option?
Honestly no idea. Lots of people here run boostane on every tank and it don’t seem to have negative impacts. Personally, if I did run it, I’d just pull my plugs and clean them at a certain interval. Race gas is another option but likely quite a bit more expensive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Well that helps, thank you!

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
If you run boostame consistently you will need to change your plugs more often. I was doing 10k plug change intervals when I ran 8oz of boostane per tank. I try not to go over 8k in between changes or cleanings now because I'm running 16oz per tank. The first set of plugs I pulled out where caked up by 11k miles or so but since I started pulling them sooner, they haven't looked too caked up. Just orange.

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So I notice theres 3 kinds of boostane, which one do you recommend and what's the difference between all 3?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I had ran MMT products for the last 24 years. The orange residue is harmless. I ran it for complete 10-20K mile seasons every year. Never needed to touch a spark plug. One tank full of straight 93, will clean the plugs 90%.

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Use Professional.
So if I pump lets say 8 galons only, it says to use 0.32oz only per gallon so thats only a total of 2.52 oz that ima pour to mix in with 91 since im using that?

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So if I pump lets say 8 galons only, it says to use 0.32oz only per gallon so thats only a total of 2.52 oz that ima pour to mix in with 91 since im using that?
Directions and mixing chart is on the back. It’s not rocket science. :)

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
It's literally only 2oz of Boostane pro to push 93 octane to 95. Super easy and economical way to prevent knock.
2oz per gallon of 93 octane, correct?
Sponsored