Sponsored

Boostane? With 91oct?

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I was using a whole bottle per full tank with my magnuson ZL1. Orange plugs never had problems.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
No not at all. Get a 91 octane tune so it runs optimally on 91. Then when you’re going to run her hard on the streets or track add boostane. The computer will automatically add/sub timing spark and fuel for demand. You don’t want to have a tune done for octane boosters unless you’re running something like nitrous.

My Corvette was tuned to run in 108 Oct when using N2O. That was 2 bottles of torco and half a tank of gas or a full tank and 4 bottles of torco. There was very little room for mistakes and my tuner was on point. I never had an issue with the nitrous. Never did I run the bottle unless my fuel was right though.
Yup exactly, Alex from Lund tune told me the exact same thing , he just sent me a separate 100oct tune for race fuel ONLY not octane booster.

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - 6R80 - Paxton 2200SL
Yup exactly, Alex from Lund tune told me the exact same thing , he just sent me a separate 100oct tune for race fuel ONLY not octane booster.
That was going to be my next question, if I should just get a tune for race gas if octane booster wasn't enough to bother with a second tune. I just assumed 91+ octane booster would be similar performance and cheaper, but probably not

It would be fun to have something I can use on the stock fuel pump (and my bap) before the return system.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
That was going to be my next question, if I should just get a tune for race gas if octane booster wasn't enough to bother with a second tune.

It would be fun to have something I can use on the stock fuel pump (and my bap) before the return system.
Do a dual tune like the E guys do. Do a 100/91 and run your tune accordingly.

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
That was going to be my next question, if I should just get a tune for race gas if octane booster wasn't enough to bother with a second tune. I just assumed 91+ octane booster would be similar performance and cheaper, but probably not

Yeah I definitely saw a big difference in the pull with 91 with octane booster with the same tune since timing will adjust auto at cap rate of 17degrees if youe tuned by Lund, but with the 100oct race fuel you gotta use any race fuel really like 240 GT, VP Ms...etc, and the timimv is adjusted to 22degree according to lund atleast for my setuo, every setup will be different. But just an example. But on 91oct I put down 701whp, with octane booster 727whp and with the race fuel tune I put down 794whp. Still on 120mm pulley

Sponsored

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - 6R80 - Paxton 2200SL
Yeah I definitely saw a big difference in the pull with 91 with octane booster with the same tune since timing will adjust auto at cap rate of 17degrees if youe tuned by Lund, but with the 100oct race fuel you gotta use any race fuel really like 240 GT, VP Ms...etc, and the timimv is adjusted to 22degree according to lund atleast for my setuo, every setup will be different. But just an example. But on 91oct I put down 701whp, with octane booster 727whp and with the race fuel tune I put down 794whp. Still on 120mm pulley
Thanks! One of my tunes is by lund so I will give it a try and see how it does with octane booster and I'll pick up a tune for race gas soon.

This is probably a question for my tuner, but do you have to use the same pulley with race gas and straight 91? Or can I pulley down for more boost with race gas? I understand the more timing part, I am just not sure what octane would let me get away with a smaller pulley

I am on the 3.8 inch pulley that comes with the paxton 2200sl kit, and lund said that was the only pulley that would work on 91 octane when I tuned it with them.

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks! One of my tunes is by lund so I will give it a try and see how it does with octane booster and I'll pick up a tune for race gas soon.

This is probably a question for my tuner, but do you have to use the same pulley with race gas and straight 91? Or can I pulley down for more boost with race gas? I understand the more timing part, I am just not sure what octane would let me get away with a smaller pulley

I am on the 3.8 inch pulley that comes with the paxton 2200sl kit, and lund said that was the only pulley that would work on 91 octane when I tuned it with them.
You could definitely pulley down but you'll need to stick with that race fuel with that pulley only since the tune would be very aggressive, I asked the same question to Lund and thats what I was told
Sponsored