Sponsored

Body panel alignment issues

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I was (am) very disappointed in the body panel alignment on mine. Trunk lid drooped on the drivers side (still does after 2 attempts to correct), pass. door stuck out, hood was too high on one side & too low on the other. Lots of other minor issues I didn't even try to get them to correct. I have a friend with a cheap ass Kia that has perfect allignment !

Last issue is the flat edge of the hood on the pass side by the window is bent up about 1/4". Not sure if that can even be corrected since the rest of the hood by the door is (relatively speaking) aligned. It's some sort of stamping issue or got bent before paint. Pisses me off every time I look at it, may go to a high end body shop & see if they think it can be corrected some how.
Sponsored

Stang_inang_yan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone else here had these alignment issues:

Hood - I have the dreaded gap between the left fender/hood above the headlight although I could live it with it. However across the front edge of the hood, it is wider on right side of the car and gradually gets narrower moving to the left side. It's pretty noticable if you step right up to it as the weather strip pokes through a bit.

Trunk - Edge of trunk sticks out slightly more on the left side near the taillight. Also have a ton of trouble closing it. I have to slam it 3-4 times before it actually latches.

Probably going to call my dealer this week...
I too have an Ingot Silver - GT. My trunk on the left side near the taillight is sunken compared to the right side. Actually the trunk itself looks skewed. I haven't installed my Roush spoiler because of this.

Have you ever get yours fixed by Ford/Dealer?

Stang_inang_yan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm so disappointed. My GT is leaning towards the left side. All tire PSI are the same measured with guage.

Also the trunk is skewed. I can't install my Roush spoiler because of this.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Has anyone else here had these alignment issues:

Hood - I have the dreaded gap between the left fender/hood above the headlight although I could live it with it..
I have this, too. Looks like a bad fender stamping to me. Is it fixable? Anyone have any luck?

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Does anyone know when Ford will put their professional and detailed Quality Control Team back on the assembly line? lol

Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Does anyone know when Ford will put their professional and detailed Quality Control Team back on the assembly line? lol
I'm picturing a monkey with a magnifying glass, or a couple of shoeless hillbillies with clipboards.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
I'm picturing a monkey with a magnifying glass, or a couple of shoeless hillbillies with clipboards.
Yeah at what point will they have a sit down and make things right? I just really don't get it whatsoever !!!

If I ever had the chance to take a tour of the facility I would be most interested at what occurs during the quality control inspection especially when it comes to body panel gaps and alignment !!!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
First arbitration I didn't have enough repair attempts because Ford wouldn't approve any repairs. I was one shy of the 3 required. The arbitrator ordered Ford to make the repairs, they refused and I had a reconvening of arbitration and won.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just curious -

When someone "wins", exactly what does the Owner get for all of the frustrations? Can someone explain the next part of the process?

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Just curious -

When someone "wins", exactly what does the Owner get for all of the frustrations? Can someone explain the next part of the process?

You don't really get compensation for frustrations in FL anyway. I did get all of my money back plus 110% of the interest I paid on the loan, also I got $1865 off the replacement vehicle because of the difference in price on top of X Plan and incentives. That's how the Lemon Law works in FL. I am very happy with the way it worked out in the end despite the initial frustration.

Each state has different guidelines for the Lemon Law so you may do better or worse than I did depending on your state's guidelines.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
My car is a 2016 built in Feb. Needed door to fender alignment, dirt particles in hood in tha paint and a door ding repaired. I also noticed a paint drip blob at the tip end of the right front fender, and a weird deformity in the driver door just ahead of the side mirror.
I'm really surprised and disappointed in the lack of quality control on the Mustangs being built. You'd think with all the design hours and great engineering that went into the vehicle that Ford would insist on better part and build consistency.
If it's a matter of dollars and cents, then I'm sure no one would have a problem paying a nominal fee to have them built better. It's really a shame and it tarnishes the brand when an iconic car so incredibly designed like the mustang is executed with such lack of care.

Sponsored

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
Unfortunately at the end of the day, its all about how quickly they can piece them together. Fit and finish takes a back seat to meeting production numbers.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
This is why Ford cheaps out on QC. Look at the 16 million dollar salary that Mark Fields gets and this is why cars are built like shit! So the execs can have ridiculous salaries parts are made cheap in China and Mexico!
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2016/03/18/mark-fields-ford-pay/81959532/

Jesus Christ, that had nothing to do with quality.

It's the freaking auto unions where it's basically impossible to reprimand or fire shitty employees. There's hard working ones that care, and others that just want to slack off. It has nothing to do with CEO compensation.

You think they are specifically cutting money from QC so they can pay their CEO more? That's hilarious.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I still haven't had the dealer address these yet. The back panel has a discoloration that looks like a scratch but it isn't. It's actually inside the panel. And here's the paint drip I recently noticed, and the weird deformity in the drivers door. Wow, it's rather unbelievable nobody cares and lets these cars go out this way from the factory.
image.jpg

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Jesus Christ, that had nothing to do with quality.

It's the freaking auto unions where it's basically impossible to reprimand or fire shitty employees. There's hard working ones that care, and others that just want to slack off. It has nothing to do with CEO compensation.

You think they are specifically cutting money from QC so they can pay their CEO more? That's hilarious.

The auto unions have nothing to do with the use of cheap parts manufactured outside the US and then used in our cars.

Sponsored