Sponsored

Body panel alignment issues

Yamaha811

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 magnetic gt premium pp
Ok I picked up my 2015 5.0 premium with the pp so excited drove her home after looking over my new beauty found that pretty much every thing on the driverside is out of alignment driver door is like suck in from the rear quarter truck sucks out past the left tail light driver fender lower than hood front and rear bumbers sticking out from the front fender and rear quarter
image.jpg
Sponsored

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Seems pretty common now. Take it back to the dealer and have them adjust everything.

OP
OP
Yamaha811

Yamaha811

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I don't live close to my dealer so they told me to take it to whatever ford dealer I wanted to but the one I did told me it couldn't be fixed he could get it aligned with the quarter but then it would have wind noise and the bottom would stick out so I told my salesman brought it to him 200miles away and the body lady took pictures said she has to send them to ford she thought it was odd that all the panels on the driverside were mis aligned so idk waiting to hear back from her

OP
OP
Yamaha811

Yamaha811

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really wow she told me might not be until January was it just your door?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yamaha811

Yamaha811

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what I'm aiming for

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
I have some of the same issues...nothing as bad as the pic but...nothing is really perfect either. The worst part for me is the front clip on the drivers side where it meets the fender over the wheel well. They are not lined up so there is not a smooth line all over the top of the tire. Also my driver door is sunk in just a little on the door handle end when shut. Kinda erks me but.....I dont know. I am not a car show guy...I struggle with it but lean towards letting that go...is it really that big a deal? For me..I dont know. I love the car so much I think I am just going to look past it. Now, if my trunk was THAT unaligned, I would not be able to handle that I dont think.

OP
OP
Yamaha811

Yamaha811

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well mine isn't just one spot it's the whole driver side front fender number like yours door truck and rear bumber

OP
OP
Yamaha811

Yamaha811

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Door

This is what I see everytime I look in my mirror
image.jpg

Sponsored

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
Let us know what the final outcome is on that stuff Yamaha. The door doesnt look toooo bad in the pic. I am definitely not downplaying it...maybe just trying to make myself feel better. heh. I keep trying to tell myself years down the road I will say.."yup, she was one of the first ones off the assembly line so it has a few character flaws."

I hope I am at ease with them the older the car and I get. lol

OP
OP
Yamaha811

Yamaha811

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's my first 5.0 so I'm wanting perfection and I'll will update as soon as I find out what they are going to do

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
This is what I see everytime I look in my mirror
I see a badass fender hip, what are you talking about? ;) Get the car fixed or replaced to your satisfaction, but it honestly doesn't look that bad to me. Good luck!

Edit: actually when I look further down at the bulge in the sheet metal, that would annoy me.
Sponsored