Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Steeda 555 5205 Jacking Rails in June 2016 ... absolutely loved their function !!

After the first winter they were already starting to rust and getting uglier after each winter.

4+ years & 4 winters later I jacked my car up by the rails last weekend to work on rear brakes and as I lowered onto the jack stands at the ends I saw them crunch down a bit. Well they came right off after that and into the steel scrap bin.

Besides O.E. bare hardware & bolts etc. they were the only RUSTY painted parts on the bottom of this 88k mile car ... either poor powder-coating or poor prep beforehand.

The paint/powdercoating on trailer hitches does not hold up as long as it used to either, so guessing today's coatings may not be as good as they used to be.

Doug

View attachment 513315

View attachment 513316

View attachment 513317

View attachment 513318
Hello Doug,

These jacking rails can take a beating under the car and when exposed to the harsh elements - anything can happen once a section is exposed to those elements.

With that being said, shoot me your order number and I’ll review this with our manufacturing team and we’ll get you taken care of.

TJ
Sponsored

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Hello Doug,

These jacking rails can take a beating under the car and when exposed to the harsh elements - anything can happen once a section is exposed to those elements.

With that being said, shoot me your order number and I’ll review this with our manufacturing team and we’ll get you taken care of.

TJ
I'm out of town till Wednesday night, so I'll get you the order number when I get back home.

Thanks for the quick reply !!

Doug

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Doug, why didn’t you contact Steeda first to see if they would work with you before posting pictures?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Doug, why didn’t you contact Steeda first to see if they would work with you before posting pictures?
Of course, a vendor is going to take care of this but I kinda like to see a real world experience shared with enthusiasts. Thank you!

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Damn dude... drive thru the salt factory much? If those rails look like that, I’m guessing the rest of your chassis looks rough as well.
As I stated ...
Besides O.E. bare hardware & bolts etc. they were/are the only RUSTY painted parts on the bottom of this 88k mile car.
Doug

Sponsored

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
In hindsight I wish I thought of that first.

New rails are on the way to me now, should have Monday.

Thank you TJ and STEEDA for taking care of me ... this is by far the best customer service I've received in a long time !!

I also apologize for posting the pictures on this forum and have deleted them from my post.

Doug

Last edited:

sinn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sinn
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT Premium - 6 speed
I see BMR is now offering a "shorter tube" version for $89.95 (CJR760). Why did they shorten it up and how much shorter is it? Is it thinner/lighter too?
Looking for differences between this one and the (CJR002). Also wondering if the Discount Code is still good? (FS6KA)
Thanks!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I see BMR is now offering a "shorter tube" version for $89.95 (CJR760). Why did they shorten it up and how much shorter is it? Is it thinner/lighter too?
Looking for differences between this one and the (CJR002). Also wondering if the Discount Code is still good? (FS6KA)
Thanks!
I don’t care to have a shorter tube. The balance on the longer tubes have concerned owners, so much so that Steeda @tj@steeda showed a pick with a Mustang sitting on stands under their rails, with two guys sitting in the trunk of the car.

However, if you’re using a the mini-lifts that more and more people are using, the shorter rails may possibly work just fine.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Thanks!
Just to offer a more budget friendly option & we have gotten a lot of feed back about wanting a shorter chassis jacking rail.

Coupon Code is FS7DF

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Hey @BMR Tech - Picked up my 2nd 350R and will be getting a second set of BMR rails ;0

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
Anyone have the factory torque spec for these bolts for the install?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have the factory torque spec for these bolts for the install?
I forget the tq spec it’s floating my brain
Trust me, I snapped a bolt from over torque.
Find torque before you do it. Took an hour to reverse it out

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
The Steeda Jacking rails look short has anyone tried the BMR rails?

Thanks
Jack
Go with the BMR, they are beefy and made here in the U.S.A. You can tell the quality of a product is by the welds and the BMRs speak for themselves. They are truly a work of art and in my opinion they are underpriced for what you get. We sell them here at www.lethalperformance.com

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
I forget the tq spec it’s floating my brain
Trust me, I snapped a bolt from over torque.
Find torque before you do it. Took an hour to reverse it out
Ha. I did the same thing. But I used the published torque spec (which escapes me at the moment). Luckily the bolt wasn't too hard and I could left hand drill/left hand tap and back it out.
Sponsored