BMR Jacking rails vs Steeda jacking rails

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I had both versions of BMR's rails and as for content BMR has offered more. The first version, as mentioned up above, that reorientated the main run of tubing such that it sat parallel to the ground as well as the latest version which does not. Both were longer than the competition, giving the end use more choice in terms of jack/stand locations as well as spreading the load out further than anyone elses.:bandit:
I just received my set of BMR ultra lite jacking rails. They seem beefy, well- made with good welds and excellent painting/coating job.
Sponsored

calistag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Just installed the Steeda Ultra Low Full Length jacking rails. Install was a breeze, these seem to be of good quality. For those concerned about a factory scissor jack, in the event of a flat on the roadways, there is plenty of space. Check out this pic.
pinch weld.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for sharing & choosing Steeda - they are a great value!

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I just ordered the full length low profile rails for $99 the other day, waiting for delivery! Great deal. Coupon worked at the time too.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I bought both to compare side by side. I kept the BMR.

Code

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Huk
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Tri-White
I took a look at both from a cars and coffee and ended up with Steeda's full length jacking rails, threw in Steeda's subframe connectors as well and the car is real solid and doing really well with the "much lesser design at much lesser price point" products.

To anyone that purchased from " companies were releasing much lesser designs at much lesser price points." ... hopefully your rails are doing as intended :wink:. YOU could have spent your money on a much greater design but had to settle for something less :beer:.

Kudos!

TJ

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
I took a look at both from a cars and coffee and ended up with Steeda's full length jacking rails, threw in Steeda's subframe connectors as well and the car is real solid and doing really well with the "much lesser design at much lesser price point" products.
so the Steeda full length low profile are compatible with the IRS subframe brace? Was wondering about that....

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I went with Steeda full length rails. Tough to beat for the price and weight. I know some of the more expensive options have a better finish but these look fine (can't see them under the car anyway), and work just as well, at a fraction of the weight.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, designed & engineered in-house to work in conjunction with IRS braces - win/win!

Shoot me a private message if I can help anyone with forum pricing :)

TJ

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
I installed the Steeda 555 5205 Jacking Rails in June 2016 ... absolutely loved their function !!

After the first winter they were already starting to rust and getting uglier after each winter.

4+ years & 4 winters later I jacked my car up by the rails last weekend to work on rear brakes and as I lowered onto the jack stands at the ends I saw them crunch down a bit. Well they came right off after that and into the steel scrap bin.

Besides O.E. bare hardware & bolts etc. they were the only RUSTY painted parts on the bottom of this 88k mile car ... either poor powder-coating or poor prep beforehand.

The paint/powdercoating on trailer hitches does not hold up as long as it used to either, so guessing today's coatings may not be as good as they used to be.

Doug

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I installed the Steeda 555 5205 Jacking Rails in June 2016 ... absolutely loved their function !!

After the first winter they were already starting to rust and getting uglier after each winter.

4+ years & 4 winters later I jacked my car up by the rails last weekend to work on rear brakes and as I lowered onto the jack stands at the ends I saw them crunch down a bit. Well they came right off after that and into the steel scrap bin.

Besides O.E. bare hardware & bolts etc. they were the only RUSTY painted parts on the bottom of this 88k mile car ... either poor powder-coating or poor prep beforehand.

The paint/powdercoating on trailer hitches does not hold up as long as it used to either, so guessing today's coatings may not be as good as they used to be.

Doug

View attachment 513315

View attachment 513316

View attachment 513317

View attachment 513318
Damn dude... drive thru the salt factory much? If those rails look like that, I’m guessing the rest of your chassis looks rough as well.
Sponsored