Sponsored

BmacIL's Guard GT Build

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Going back to oem lateral arms makes the roll center unfavorable even if you can manage the bump steer with end links right? What’s the better compromise, oe lateral links oe increased scrub radius with crash bolts?
Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Some updates and some bad news.

Changed out the OEM spark plugs a couple weeks ago at 86k miles. Every one was at greater than 0.060" gap! I replaced with NGK 6509s which have an 0.043" gap. Low end at part throttle is definitely smoother and stronger, and WOT at high rpm sounds healthier. No idea on gains, but certainly she sounds better. Also, to that point, returned to the Corsa Sport catback after a year with other things. It's just the best and I regret changing it. There's no finer catback exhaust that I've heard.

Bad news: my 2nd gear finally decided that it no longer wants to stay in gear. I'm buying a trans from another party, sending it to Ben Calimer and getting a Stage 1 build on it. I'll send my current one to him as a core after the swap. Next decision is clutch and flywheel. Probably going with the Exedy stage 1 Mach 500 kit and an OEM flywheel.

No events until then unfortunately, and the saving grace is that I'm not driving much, and even when I do, all the other gears work fine.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the saving grace is that I'm not driving much, and even when I do, all the other gears work fine.
just take it as an opportunity to acclimate yourself to GM-style enforced skip-shift. :)
Sorry to hear about the damage.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
I see you mention the Corsa Sport cb a lot in other threads. How is the cold start? That's really the only concern I have. I park outside and leave for work at 430 every morning. We have small kids and like our neighbors.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
I see you mention the Corsa Sport cb a lot in other threads. How is the cold start? That's really the only concern I have. I park outside and leave for work at 430 every morning. We have small kids and like our neighbors.
It's loud enough that you may want to consider a different option. Are you tuned? Lund and others can tune the cold start out. The only thing you'll need to be mindful of is it won't warm up as quickly.

Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I have a Corsa sport cb. Stock and with the power pack 2 cold start would not be welcome before 8am on a weekday. I start mine in the garage with the door shut until it settles down.
I doubt any aftermarket exhaust would pass that requirement unless it was a dual mode exhaust. I've heard of people making home made silencers before to put in on cold start then pull out once it settles.

Best video of the exhaust (covers all operating conditions):

Sponsored

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Bad news: my 2nd gear finally decided that it no longer wants to stay in gear.fine.
Dang! More Ford suckage! No good comes from a Chinese gearbox.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I have one. Just wasn't plugged in. Very few mics don't get completely drowned out when near the muffler though.
I just bought a cheap on from Amazon and stuck it to the bumper. It isn't the best, but a significant improvement over GoPro wind noise.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Dang! More Ford suckage! No good comes from a Chinese gearbox.
Don't blame that. Blame the procurement heads and engineering heads of the company for cost cutting their way to the component choices for clutch, fork pads in particular.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Some updates and some bad news.

Changed out the OEM spark plugs a couple weeks ago at 86k miles. Every one was at greater than 0.060" gap! I replaced with NGK 6509s which have an 0.043" gap. Low end at part throttle is definitely smoother and stronger, and WOT at high rpm sounds healthier. No idea on gains, but certainly she sounds better. Also, to that point, returned to the Corsa Sport catback after a year with other things. It's just the best and I regret changing it. There's no finer catback exhaust that I've heard.

Bad news: my 2nd gear finally decided that it no longer wants to stay in gear. I'm buying a trans from another party, sending it to Ben Calimer and getting a Stage 1 build on it. I'll send my current one to him as a core after the swap. Next decision is clutch and flywheel. Probably going with the Exedy stage 1 Mach 500 kit and an OEM flywheel.

No events until then unfortunately, and the saving grace is that I'm not driving much, and even when I do, all the other gears work fine.
Agree 100% about the Corsa Sport Exhaust. Best sounding and balanced exhaust when i owned my GT.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Well dang. Guess I’ll throw the Magnaflow street back on.
Sponsored