Sponsored

Beware of Lund

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don’t have one of Lund’s tunes, but after I saw just a few minutes of a YouTube vid with Alex I only had one question. What kind of a company would allow an employee to make a video like that?

I would never consider doing business with a company that employs such rude and obnoxious a-holes as this Alex. In fact, I would not tolerate someone like him for even a few minutes. I had an appointment yesterday with a company to give me a quote on painting my house. No show, no call or text. The only explanation that I would even consider would be a dire family emergency. Barring that, guess who doesn’t even have a snowball’s chance in hell of getting the job? Should this man show up at a later date and act like this Alex I will put him off of my property.

Alex is detrimental to the success of the company and my bet is on Lund becoming a business statistic of zero importance.

Now imagine you hired that company to paint your house. And they did it and the paint job was garbage. And you gently asked for several places to be corrected or touched up. Then they said it was your shit home that wont allow the paint to stick and you need to rip out all the dry wall and replace it so they can use their amazing paint to make it work. Then when you say no, please correct the paint, they tell you to get effed and block you from all media and communication. All the while keeping your money.

Thats whats happening here.

And remember, they came HIGHLY recommended and were the highest quote for paint that you got.
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Now imagine you hired that company to paint your house. And they did it and the paint job was garbage. And you gently asked for several places to be corrected or touched up. Then they said it was your shit home that wont allow the paint to stick and you need to rip out all the dry wall and replace it so they can use their amazing paint to make it work. Then when you say no, please correct the paint, they tell you to get effed and block you from all media and communication. All the while keeping your money.

Thats whats happening here.

And remember, they came HIGHLY recommended and were the highest quote for paint that you got.
You're leaving out a BUNCH.

You never get to speak directly with the painters, all you can do is communicate via a "ticket" system. Because the ticket system is administered through multiple reps at the paint company, you continually get asked things like "what's been done to the house?" Because the administrator that's looking at your "ticket" has hundreds of tickets and they're too lazy to scroll down and read through the entire history of your project. So in essence, by jumping in and out, you almost have to start ALL THE WAY over explaining the issues MULTIPLE TIMES.

"We paint thousands of houses with no issues, it must be you and your house."

"It's worked like a charm on other houses, it's obviously your house that's the problem."

"We know 10,000 times more about painting than you do, we're the experts and anyone who has any ideas other than what we believe is obviously just a dumbass."

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
You're leaving out a BUNCH.

You never get to speak directly with the painters, all you can do is communicate via a "ticket" system. Because the ticket system is administered through multiple reps at the paint company, you continually get asked things like "what's been done to the house?" Because the administrator that's looking at your "ticket" has hundreds of tickets and they're too lazy to scroll down and read through the entire history of your project. So in essence, by jumping in and out, you almost have to start ALL THE WAY over explaining the issues MULTIPLE TIMES.

"We paint thousands of houses with no issues, it must be you and your house."

"It's worked like a charm on other houses, it's obviously your house that's the problem."

"We know 10,000 times more about painting than you do, we're the experts and anyone who has any ideas other than what we believe is obviously just a dumbass."
That's a wrap, the thread can now be locked!

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Ok, I gotcha! Sorry to hear about those of you who have had to deal with Lund. But, you can rest assured that word of their sh*tty product and even worse service will cost them a lot of money and perhaps put them out of business. Of course, never knowing why.

Satisfied customers might tell 2-3 people. Pissed of customers tell 20. So you all are doing the right thing.

And Alex? Well he can take his smart ass prison style sh*t talk and be the loser that he is. Like I said, I would never do business with any company that has an owner or employee who represents that way. And, when I did the hiring and firing I would fire an employee in a heartbeat for posting anything like that.

Ok, lock it down.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
And they keep toting the grey goose as there showcase.. a car that has no basis in reality for the average guy. Even for the 1000 hp guy.

But yeah.. just watched that Alex clown blow up his notch. His Fairmount went slower, his GT500 went slower, he blew up his white 19, I think he hurt the vette.

Sponsored

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
And they keep toting the grey goose as there showcase.. a car that has no basis in reality for the average guy. Even for the 1000 hp guy.

But yeah.. just watched that Alex clown blow up his notch. His Fairmount went slower, his GT500 went slower, he blew up his white 19, I think he hurt the vette.
Oh yeah all the lund lickers quote that car with being the fastest a6 auto car blah blah blah. Sure you can get a quality tune if you pay JLJ $5k for it.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Last comment: I can now put my nightmare to rest.
😆
All I wanted was a tune that made my car run properly. After reading the Lund Racing page I thought damn these guys will definitely be on point. Of course before they had my money Senior was the perfect PR guy. After I paid my money things changed drastically. And after a couple revisions that were totally off the mark the passive/aggressive attitude began. Did they get the files mixed up? Who knows because they never took any responsibility for anything. And things really went downhill from there. Actually getting down to pretty personal insults.
Thing is even after eight months of back and forth they never would tell me his/her name. Told me to only call them
'Lund Calibrator'! Let that sink
in... You hire someone and they won't even tell you their name?
If he had his way he would have probably wanted me to call him God.
So 'Lund Calibrator' said they read what I posted on here. I hope they read this part as well...
MAYBE TAKE A CUSTOMERS WORD ONCE IN A WHILE, INSTEAD OF PUTTING THE BLAME EVERYWHERE BUT YOURSELVES AT LUND RACING!!

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
For those who have dealt with Lund and decided to switch who did you choose?

Trying to figure out some issues with my car and looking back through datalogs and conversations with Lund and it’s crazy how much bs I was getting fed. Don’t want to continue to pay for support just to deal with more shit.

“This tune file is the exact same as your last we don’t know why it’s slower”. Took me 2 minutes to see the cam timing is completely different…

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
For those who have dealt with Lund and decided to switch who did you choose?

Trying to figure out some issues with my car and looking back through datalogs and conversations with Lund and it’s crazy how much bs I was getting fed. Don’t want to continue to pay for support just to deal with more shit.

“This tune file is the exact same as your last we don’t know why it’s slower”. Took me 2 minutes to see the cam timing is completely different…
I'm using Ford Performance but if I wasn't I'd use Wengerd for sure. Not only have I heard nothing but good things, he has a presence here and just genuinely wants your car to rip.

I feel like lots of tuners get big head syndrome after a few tickets where the issue really was the customer car (which I'm sure happens a lot). To the point where they stop even considering their own error might be to blame. Lund has taken that a step further and now provides disdain and ridicule for people who are having problems, regardless of the actual root cause. Kinda sad. But I'm sure they get it right often enough to justify it in their heads.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I'm using Ford Performance but if I wasn't I'd use Wengerd for sure. Not only have I heard nothing but good things, he has a presence here and just genuinely wants your car to rip.

I feel like lots of tuners get big head syndrome after a few tickets where the issue really was the customer car (which I'm sure happens a lot). To the point where they stop even considering their own error might be to blame. Lund has taken that a step further and now provides disdain and ridicule for people who are having problems, regardless of the actual root cause. Kinda sad. But I'm sure they get it right often enough to justify it in their heads.
Good suggestion but me and Wengerd dont get along haha. Open to any other suggestions.

I do feel like you are right though, tuners get big and quality drops. Lund can’t keep track of what’s done to my car and what they have done in their tune files. They blame it on everything else even when the only thing that has changed is the tune and their answer is they don’t know. How about you take 2 minutes and look at the logs…

Im considering tuning the car myself. There is just not many resources on it and messing up the tune and blowing the motor is a costly mistake.

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
P1 tuners are another great option. They are newer guys but very good and they tune on all platforms like PCMtec and HPtuners and even SCT if you already have one of those devices. I know them personally and they helped me get over the hump when I was tuning my car a few times. Along with Wengerd who is also world class. But try reaching out to P1. They will break their backs to get your car right.

https://www.p1tuners.com/

[email protected]

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Man do I feel lucky having no blame game issues with Lund.

First logs they noticed my FP did not seem to be boost referencing correctly and provided guidance on where to get my reference from to ensure it wasn’t behind any check valve. Easy fix and resolved the issue. I then had some mild backfires between shifts during normal driving that I didn’t like and they revised the tune and the issue resolved. I also ran into very low levels of knock (1-1.5 degrees) at my shift points (manual) and they provided several items to look at for false knock. We determined my headers were close enough to the AC line that it could be the knock source during hard shifts. I resolved the clearance concern and the low level knock between shifts went away.

Interestingly enough, when I was being tuned, it was done by everyone’s favorite YouTuber…. And he was nothing but professional with me and took time to listen to my concerns and provide guidance. I can look but I don’t think they ever blamed the car or install.. Again, according to the forums, I seem to be the exception here.

At the end of the day, it’s awesome that we have options for our tuning. There are a lot of great ones out there who can all achieve similar results. If you can get there without personal attacks or blaming the car for issues that’s a win!

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Ok, I gotcha! Sorry to hear about those of you who have had to deal with Lund. But, you can rest assured that word of their sh*tty product and even worse service will cost them a lot of money and perhaps put them out of business. Of course, never knowing why.

Satisfied customers might tell 2-3 people. Pissed of customers tell 20. So you all are doing the right thing.

And Alex? Well he can take his smart ass prison style sh*t talk and be the loser that he is. Like I said, I would never do business with any company that has an owner or employee who represents that way. And, when I did the hiring and firing I would fire an employee in a heartbeat for posting anything like that.

Ok, lock it down.
The real reality is that Lund will continue to do an excellent job for influencers/racers (to lure in the unsuspecting new people coming in to the hobby), while continuing to provide subpar service to the masses. They know exactly what they are doing and will probably get away with it as long as they care to.
Sponsored