Best/Worst comments from family, friends, enemies about your car

trail.blazr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I meet up every Thursday for Breakfast with some co-workers prior to our 8am shift. I got into the office and my buddy who has an SRT Jeep says he was talking on cell to his friend, while riding behind me and his friend said the SRT sounded awesome. He told him that he's hearing my Coyote in front of him. I was relayed that my exhaust sounded ANGRY.

I wasn't even getting on it. :cool:
Sponsored

Mark it zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2013 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
The wife compares it to a Ferrari in looks. Loves the car in and out. Refuses to drive it though. Talking over dinner the other night,, she told me I need to take her to big parking lot so she can get used to it. And then asked me how do you do burnouts... maybe I can then blame her for needing new rears this summer.

My father's only comment was it's awfully loud, and small. Factory exhaust. Roush and x pipe coming soon.

BIL asked where it was at a Christmas party the other day. It is parked for the winter, but with freezing rain, and bitter cold Temps on the way, I think it should have been a no brained why I wasn't driving it.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I had a fleet of people stare at my grill delete and floating pony at CC this weekend. It's only been on there for 3 months and been to multiple CC events. But that day it was the queen. lol

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I was at a local cruise night soon after I bought the 15' GT/PP and an old car buddy I hadn't seen in years who owned a Cadillac CTS wagon....said "why didn't you buy a fast car".....I said "I guess for the same reason you didn't buy a good looking one"....end of conversation...;)

I have noticed that the one negative and the several non complementary comments towards my GT are from the Chevy guy's I know.

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
My friend's mom said the exhaust is too loud, MPGs suck, and that its too showy. That's exactly why they are going to buy Infiniti G37 coupe with the same highway MPG and the most common car that trys to street race me. SMH.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I have noticed that the one negative and the several non complementary comments towards my GT are from the Chevy guy's I know.
Yeah I hear ya. I know folks like that too. I dont hate on any make/model, I love all cars.

Except priuses(prii???).

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Yeah I hear ya. I know folks like that too. I dont hate on any make/model, I love all cars.

Except priuses(prii???).
The die hard Chevy guy's I know have been that way since the 70's...disliking Fords and Mopars...so nothings changed :D
quick story...a neighbor of mine many years ago who owned a 70' SS 396 went for a ride with me in my 70' 440sixpack Challenger to get a bite to eat one summer night, well in our travels we rolled up to a 71' SS454 at a traffic light...ladder bars, big tires...typical 70's stuff. The light went green and both cars were straining for traction, the strange thing is my neighbor was rooting for the Chevelle while I'm racing this guy...lucky for me I stayed ahead of him until he backed off....as I never would have heard the end of it from the neighbor, and I never took him for a ride again..;)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I've gotten tons of compliments. Evidently the triple yellow is attractive to many, but I wanted white.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
The die hard Chevy guy's I know have been that way since the 70's...disliking Fords and Mopars...so nothings changed :D
quick story...a neighbor of mine many years ago who owned a 70' SS 396 went for a ride with me in my 70' 440sixpack Challenger to get a bite to eat one summer night, well in our travels we rolled up to a 71' SS454 at a traffic light...ladder bars, big tires...typical 70's stuff. The light went green and both cars were straining for traction, the strange thing is my neighbor was rooting for the Chevelle while I'm racing this guy...lucky for me I stayed ahead of him until he backed off....as I never would have heard the end of it from the neighbor, and I never took him for a ride again..;)
:lol:

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
My favorite is always:

"You rev that thing to what?!"

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Got another compliment today, this one at the gas station when a tourist type of mom asked me if it was candy apple red and that it was beautiful.

TC :ford:

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
I get a lot of compliments at gas stations and parking lots in Sacramento

I had never really talked to my neighbors before, but as soon as I got the Mustang a lot of them have decided to come over to give me compliments on the car while out working on it. My favorite so far was the old man who lives behind my lot, "Damn that is one beautiful Mustang, makes me believe in America again!"

Also got chatted up in the grocery store lot with a guy who was telling me how he bought his daughter a fully loaded GT for graduation :eyebulge:

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Also got chatted up in the grocery store lot with a guy who was telling me how he bought his daughter a fully loaded GT for graduation :eyebulge:
Damn, I got a well used El Camino.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4