bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The foxbody has far less low end torque than the coyote. You have an issue with throttle modulation, not the coyote. The GT has more hp and torque available than the EB at all rpm. Push the pedal down harder.
dude if the kid can't feel the difference between a 14 second car and a high 12 second car. His but dyno is broke. I don't know why these EB owners make these dumbass threads.
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
OP
OP

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Seriously. Read my threads. I have stated that there is no question the gt is a lot faster in a drag race. Actually the few runs I took from 4500 rpm up I'm surprised the gt does not beat the ecoboost by more. I'm just saying I didn't think I needed to push the pedal farther and more importantly have the rpm that much higher to get the torque I expected. I will admit the comments about throttle modulation is off for me. I swear while trying get the out of the dealer lot with multiple forward and reverse, I would push the peddle like an inch before the revs would come up to a level to creep out of there lot. The first 1/4 of throttle just doesn't do much. But yes my butt dyno says that at 2500 and about damn flat to the floor this gt is not pulling. I was just hoping it would so no need to down shift. I tried a harder run with traction control off. I shifted around 6000. It was very strong. No tire spin or anything though. At this point I have money in my hand ready to purchase a gt and I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. That is something only I can answer. I do appreciate all the constructive ideas I have received. By the way my fox body 302 with carberation and many mods geared towards torque and probably a lighter car. Also overall gearing was probably lower too. But yes I'm sure it didn't have 400hp. By the way I wish I was a kid yet. Turning 50 and planned to finally get the muscle car I've been waiting years for because I have test drove 4.6 gt's and talk about lack of torque. I am probably the only guy in the world that wishes for a turbo v6 in the future gt. I just like that feel and that's my problem to figure out. If I were racing the GT, honestly it might be perfect. I always tuned my race engines for mid to top power. For the street, low to mid.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Seriously. Read my threads. I have stated that there is no question the gt is a lot faster in a drag race. Actually the few runs I took from 4500 rpm up I'm surprised the gt does not beat the ecoboost by more. I'm just saying I didn't think I needed to push the pedal farther and more importantly have the rpm that much higher to get the torque I expected. I will admit the comments about throttle modulation is off for me. I swear while trying get the out of the dealer lot with multiple forward and reverse, I would push the peddle like an inch before the revs would come up to a level to creep out of there lot. The first 1/4 of throttle just doesn't do much. But yes my butt dyno says that at 2500 and about damn flat to the floor this gt is not pulling. I was just hoping it would so no need to down shift. I tried a harder run with traction control off. I shifted around 6000. It was very strong. No tire spin or anything though. At this point I have money in my hand ready to purchase a gt and I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. That is something only I can answer. I do appreciate all the constructive ideas I have received. By the way my fox body 302 with carberation and many mods geared towards torque and probably a lighter car. Also overall gearing was probably lower too. But yes I'm sure it didn't have 400hp. By the way I wish I was a kid yet. Turning 50 and planned to finally get the muscle car I've been waiting years for because I have test drove 4.6 gt's and talk about lack of torque. I am probably the only guy in the world that wishes for a turbo v6 in the future gt. I just like that feel and that's my problem to figure out. If I were racing the GT, honestly it might be perfect. I always tuned my race engines for mid to top power. For the street, low to mid.
What everybody has a problem with is your definition of partial throttle and how that appears to be your defining performance characteristic. Ford could have mapped the throttle to be entirely binary - closed - full open. No doubt it would "feel" super fast at partial throttle, but the engine would be the same.

Now the ecoboost 3.7 is a different story, with a huge flat torque curve bottom to top. No doubt there would be some wailing and gnashing of teeth, but the truck guys seem to be getting used to the idea.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
This thread is still going???
Floor it and keep it there.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I tried a harder run with traction control off. I shifted around 6000.
You shifted 1000rpm too soon. The coyote pulls safely all the way to 7000 rpm.

Honestly, if you don't appreciate the coyote for what it is, you'll never be happy. Go test drive a Challanger...or a fifth or sixth gen Camaro and you'll be much happier. Or you could "gasp" buy a pedalmax and turn the throttle into an on off switch.

OP
OP

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I bet it comes as no surprise but I do like the pedalmax. I have to respect technology development and take it or leave it, forced induction is powerful technology. Normally aspirated motors had always been a compromise in design. Build for bottom or top but can't really have both. I was under the assumption the coyote did have both. "it's a monster everywhere" comments everywhere. It's fine down low but unfortunately it can't compete with a turbo down there I find. And I do see how the part throttle talk I am doing is driving everyone crazy. That is an important factor FOR ME. Certainly not for others. Plain and simple I didn't think I needed to push the motor harder to and from work to get the same zippy performance. But no question I did really like the top end pull and I didn't even get to redline yet. Decisions decision.

OP
OP

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
And honesty not much of a reason for the tread continuing. I got a bunch of help. I looked into different options. I need the do some better test drives and then make a decision. I tried to keep everything as subjective and open minded.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Although I've never driven an EB, if it's a daily driver it sounds like you'll want to stick with it. My GT is a weekend and nice days car and when I drive it it's for fun and the sound and power is intoxicating.

I do understand your dilemma though as I've been there as well ... jut need to determine how you'll use the car.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I bet it comes as no surprise but I do like the pedalmax. I have to respect technology development and take it or leave it, forced induction is powerful technology. Normally aspirated motors had always been a compromise in design. Build for bottom or top but can't really have both. I was under the assumption the coyote did have both. "it's a monster everywhere" comments everywhere. It's fine down low but unfortunately it can't compete with a turbo down there I find. And I do see how the part throttle talk I am doing is driving everyone crazy. That is an important factor FOR ME. Certainly not for others. Plain and simple I didn't think I needed to push the motor harder to and from work to get the same zippy performance. But no question I did really like the top end pull and I didn't even get to redline yet. Decisions decision.
And again, the coyote has more torque at every rpm. You don't need to push the engine harder to realize the difference, you need to push the pedal harder. You have a perception issue, not a power issue.

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I was wanting a PP from the get go, drove a premium GT non-PP and knew right away that the PP was it for me. Beyond that the GT/PP needs some rear end mods to get it there.

Im not totally surprised that someone would be underwhelmed with a base auto GT.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
You performance pack guys are like parrots. It's like you don't realize your driving the slower car.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
You performance pack guys are like parrots. It's like you don't realize your driving the slower car.
Slower in the 1/4 mile, faster in the twistes. Better brakes, better cooling, better suspension, torsen diff, etc.

We sacrifice 1/4 mile performance for handling...and arguably (for us) more fun.

To each their own. :cheers:

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Has there been polls showing how many on this forum regularly live their life 1/4 mile at a time and those who have forced induction?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Slower in the 1/4 mile, faster in the twistes. Better brakes, better cooling, better suspension, torsen diff, etc.

We sacrifice 1/4 mile performance for handling...and arguably (for us) more fun.

To each their own. :cheers:
Exactly! To each their own. But let's be honest. How many PP owners ever see a twistie road?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.