Sponsored

Automatic High Beams

1966 Sunbeam Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Aston Martin Vantage
I have a GT Premium, PP, 401A, ACC, Shaker and VANS. As you can see, I checked just about all the option blocks when ordering it.

I do not have the auto high beam feature that can be found in the owners manual. Who of you have that feature and what options do you have? I am wondering if the factory missed something during assembly.

Thanks!
Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Go into your settings on the info display and see if they are there under the lighting settings. Perhaps they need to be enabled.

Otherwise, I didn't even know auto high beams were a feature on the mustangs. I think the manual has some "general" text in it that applies to many ford models. Hence why it says "if equipped". For example, there are no configurable DRLs in the US model. It's possible that auto high beams don't come with US models either.

00bMTEU.png

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I have a GT Premium, PP, 401A, ACC, Shaker and VANS. As you can see, I checked just about all the option blocks when ordering it.

I do not have the auto high beam feature that can be found in the owners manual. Who of you have that feature and what options do you have? I am wondering if the factory missed something during assembly.

Thanks!
Here is a video

[ame]

Dealer talked m out of ACC, wish I got it...........

OP
OP
1966 Sunbeam Tiger

1966 Sunbeam Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go into your settings on the info display and see if they are there under the lighting settings. Perhaps they need to be enabled.
Only option there is the length of time lights stay on after engine stop. I have the AHB in my 15 Explorer and really like the feature.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible

Thanks!
what is VANS?

Sponsored

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I've been reading everything I can about the Mustang since it was updated for 2015 and I've never seen auto high beams mentioned as an option.

OP
OP
1966 Sunbeam Tiger

1966 Sunbeam Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been reading everything I can about the Mustang since it was updated for 2015 and I've never seen auto high beams mentioned as an option.
Like stated above. Fodder from other user manuals most likely. Its a shame.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
The automatic high beam might be a European option.
I know they have an adjuster to adjust the cut off height so they can drive legally in different countries.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Ford and Lincoln had this option in the 70's-80's. Remember them flashing high/low at the street signs we would pass. Funny how it has become new again.

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Ford and Lincoln had this option in the 70's-80's. Remember them flashing high/low at the street signs we would pass. Funny how it has become new again.
Just like how Mercedes and other companies are raving about heads up display. My 98 Pontiac Grand Prix had that and so have many other GM vehicles I have had since.

XKRJAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT, 02 Tbird, 06 XKR

I had those and hated them, High beam, meet a car and it would go to low, the car your meeting would dim, so your car wouldn't see their lights as bright and it would go back to high and they'd flip you off as you met.

Wife's Taurus has the new and it seems to work much better than the old light sensor based one, It's a feature I would definitely order if I could.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
The automatic high beam might be a European option.
I know they have an adjuster to adjust the cut off height so they can drive legally in different countries.
With the S197 as it had a flat beam, it was fine in the UK and all over Europe, when I went overseas I did not need any headlight converters

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I dated a girl in college that automatic high beams...
Sponsored