Automatic High Beams

Andyjamo1961

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback Deep Impact blue UK RHD
The automatic high beam might be a European option.
I know they have an adjuster to adjust the cut off height so they can drive legally in different countries.

It's not an option in UK spec

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Something's they dream up are a waste, then something's they got rid of that we're great, like the button on the floor for the high beams and wing windows. Those were really great. But, your average Millennial wouldn't know that.

Wizzard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Convertible GT Premium 401A 50th ann package
Auto High Beams better in Europe

Auto High-Beams are not available on current model S550. Many other Ford models do have them, so probably in a couple years they will be available.

Europe has different regulations and they allow Adaptive auto high-beam that only dims the light where there is a car. Usually the headlamps are made of multi-segment LED, or have 4 to 10 shutters. Only the area around the other car is dimmed, the rest of the headlamp is still high-beam so you can see everywhere.

American regulations are decades behind and mired in red-tape. When they do come out with updated regulations, they're already 10 years old.

Sponsored

mmdpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Buiiltt, 2016 GT
My father had a 1967 Cadillac with auto high/low beams. You could adjust the sensitivity to switch high to low based on incoming light ahead and how fast it would return to high after switching down. What old is new again.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Something's they dream up are a waste, then something's they got rid of that we're great, like the button on the floor for the high beams and wing windows. Those were really great. But, your average Millennial wouldn't know that.
I loved my cars and trucks that had the foot button high beam :thumbsup:

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Soooooooooooooooooo TRUE!
I remember those...and still have them (in my '67 :D)...especially the wing windows. They're perfect for just getting a little air in without buffeting air conditions in the back or monsoon rains. Something they should have brought back for sure....
Sponsored