Sponsored

Auto Climate Control?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Question;

Can I set the temp to a certain point, but turn the fan off? I like driving with the windows down, and letting the air-flow pull the heated air through the system, rather than the fan pushing it.

This regulates the temp in the cabin easier during stop n go traffic.
Unfortunately no, the system closes any air inlet when turned off. All you can do is turn fan on low.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

'stangerza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP RR
Ford's climate control pretty much sucks, I found it equally bad on both my mustang and ranger. All my other cars climate control works fine, point for improvement Ford!

HBTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I have found that the auto control works fine if you can leave it alone enough. Try adjusting the temp up or down instead of the fan speed or a/c on or off and it works well.

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
So I have been wondering about the AC clutch kicking in without the AC button lit myself as well. I dont have a GoPro to mount under the hood so I did the only thing I know to do to tell if the clutch kicks in. I put the MPG up on the display, got on a flat road, engage cruise control. From what I have seen if you are cruising and completely turn off the system the the MPGs go up noticeably, if I turn the system back on it drops the MPGs back down. This is all with the AC button not lit and auto climate not on and the temp set to 75 and its only 60 outside, so there should be no reason for the clutch to kick in for cooling purposes. Since AC can also be used for moisture control and not just removing heat from a situation to cool things down I dont think there is a way to JUST have the fan on. Maybe there is something in the AS BUILT DATA that will allow a change so the clutch will only engage when the AC button is lit.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
So I have been wondering about the AC clutch kicking in without the AC button lit myself as well. I dont have a GoPro to mount under the hood so I did the only thing I know to do to tell if the clutch kicks in. I put the MPG up on the display, got on a flat road, engage cruise control. From what I have seen if you are cruising and completely turn off the system the the MPGs go up noticeably, if I turn the system back on it drops the MPGs back down. This is all with the AC button not lit and auto climate not on and the temp set to 75 and its only 60 outside, so there should be no reason for the clutch to kick in for cooling purposes. Since AC can also be used for moisture control and not just removing heat from a situation to cool things down I dont think there is a way to JUST have the fan on. Maybe there is something in the AS BUILT DATA that will allow a change so the clutch will only engage when the AC button is lit.
Or you can just select any air modes other than dash or floor.
I mean heck you don't even need to see MPG. You can hear the clutch kicking in and exhaust note changes.

BGEFan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT
Ford's climate control pretty much sucks, I found it equally bad on both my mustang and ranger. All my other cars climate control works fine, point for improvement Ford!
You've not driven a BMW if you think Ford's suck

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
The seat coolers in my 2015 GT actually work much better than our 2015 Lexus NX. Still not as good as I would like though.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
In the dash cluster settings I believe there is also a control setting for the HVAC "auto" temp and seat features.... Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
In my experiences, both with my Mustang and previous cars, the best thing to do is set a temperature and only change that. Set it at 70, you get cold bump it up some, you get hot turn it down a few degrees. Once you start messing with the fan, outlet, recirc etc, it quits being fully Auto and becomes a pain in the ass.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
In the dash cluster settings I believe there is also a control setting for the HVAC "auto" temp and seat features.... Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...
That's just for remote start.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Remember the A/C will also run when the system is set to defrost. The A/C pulls humidity out of the air before blowing it against the windshield. This will run mostly regardless of the outside temp.
Sponsored