Auto Climate Control?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I have the auto climate control in my car and was under the impression it would automatically turn on and off the a/c whenever needed? Is this not the case? I can turn it down into the 60s and the a/c never comes on, instead it just speeds up the blower. Anybody have this issue?
Sponsored

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have the auto climate control in my car and was under the impression it would automatically turn on and off the a/c whenever needed? Is this not the case? I can turn it down into the 60s and the a/c never comes on, instead it just speeds up the blower. Anybody have this issue?
I have the exact opposite issue: when it's below 50 outside the ac doesn't turn off even when I set the temperature above 80. I've only had the car a couple of months and it's now in the 80s where I'm at so not an issue anymore but I'd like to know also if this is normal behavior. It hasn't been much below 50 in the past couple of months so I'm not sure how the climate control reacts when it's really cold.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
If you have manually pressed the A/C button it will stay off even though the rest of the system is being controlled automatically.
The same applies for the fresh air/recirculate button.
Press the auto button to restore full auto for all aspects of the climate control. Also, if it's cool enough outside the A/C stays off. But I don't know the cutoff... somewhere in the 40's in my experience.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Oh and just because the A/C light is lit doesn't mean the A/C compressor is running. It just means the system can use the A/C if it deems it necessary.

Reactions: Ebm

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Oh and just because the A/C light is lit doesn't mean the A/C compressor is running. It just means the system can use the A/C if it deems it necessary.
Ahh, I see. The air wasnt cold coming out so I didn't figure the compressor was running but I thought it was strange having the a/c light on.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Sooooooooooooooooooooo glad I got the base model. Turn knobs, adjust to precisely what I want.

Best of luck OP. I wish Ford would sell a Premium package without "climate control", it's such a shitty thing on a car.

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Sooooooooooooooooooooo glad I got the base model. Turn knobs, adjust to precisely what I want.

Best of luck OP. I wish Ford would sell a Premium package without "climate control", it's such a shitty thing on a car.
The climate control can be manually controlled on the premium packages, FYI.

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

If you have manually pressed the A/C button it will stay off even though the rest of the system is being controlled automatically.
The same applies for the fresh air/recirculate button.
Press the auto button to restore full auto for all aspects of the climate control. Also, if it's cool enough outside the A/C stays off. But I don't know the cutoff... somewhere in the 40's in my experience.
I'd had someone in the passenger seat that has pressed the a/c button before. I bet that screwed it up. My auto button is still illuminated. Maybe I have to turn Auto off and turn it back on again to reset it.

It's 90 degrees here today and I just wanted to get this figured out before it gets any hotter. A few days ago, I turned on the climate control and it sat there blasting hot air in my face. I was waiting for the a/c to come on and nothing. Forceful, hot air feels like sandpaper. It sucks.

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
I'd had someone in the passenger seat that has pressed the a/c button before. I bet that screwed it up. My auto button is still illuminated. Maybe I have to turn Auto off and turn it back on again to reset it.

It's 90 degrees here today and I just wanted to get this figured out before it gets any hotter. A few days ago, I turned on the climate control and it sat there blasting hot air in my face. I was waiting for the a/c to come on and nothing. Forceful, hot air feels like sandpaper. It sucks.
Did you turn the temperature down? I know it's a silly question, but sometimes the silly ones are the right question to ask.

Auto will only try to keep the interior set to the temperature you have it set to.

If you have it set to a colder temperature and the car doesn't start cooling down, then you need to take it to the shop.

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

:crazy:

Not sure if my sarcasm detector is broken or what. Climate control = air conditioning/HVAC

You know you can adjust everything manually - even in the premium, right?

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Also make sure the passenger side isn't set to a drastically different temp as that will cause quite the conflict.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
AC turns on when its above 50 degrees outside pretty much.
Someone might have pressed the AC button and turned it off. The reason being is sometimes you don't want AC but it's still cold outside to cool the car.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Ahh, I see. The air wasnt cold coming out so I didn't figure the compressor was running but I thought it was strange having the a/c light on.
It's pretty common to turn AC on even when it's not that hot. AC sucks moisture out so if you have the vents set to floor or dash, the AC will run without lighting up the light because it will try to dehumidify the air.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Question;

Can I set the temp to a certain point, but turn the fan off? I like driving with the windows down, and letting the air-flow pull the heated air through the system, rather than the fan pushing it.

This regulates the temp in the cabin easier during stop n go traffic.
Sponsored