Aussie Exhausts

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
Yes very happy with it, it's not overly loud, just a very nice rumble. It has gotten a bit louder after a couple of years now though but only just a tad. The only time it is loud is on a cold start up in winter when the car is in my colorbond shed, but that's only for a few minutes until the revs get down to 1000rpm.
Thanks Burgo, that’s great.
I have read about people saying their car is crazy loud with FI and LT headers, but i think they also mention its when getting up it and > 4500 revs.
I am sure I can modulate the right foot if I don’t want it screaming to wake the neighbours or attract attention from the plod.
Sponsored

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
Thanks Burgo, that’s great.
I have read about people saying their car is crazy loud with FI and LT headers, but i think they also mention its when getting up it and > 4500 revs.
I am sure I can modulate the right foot if I don’t want it screaming to wake the neighbours or attract attention from the plod.
Yes LT's apparently add some extra to the mix. Be careful with LT's as I've read that on the RHD cars the clearance is super tight and they can sometimes contact and then the knock sensor registers a false knock and then does weird things to the engine timing.

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
Yes LT's apparently add some extra to the mix. Be careful with LT's as I've read that on the RHD cars the clearance is super tight and they can sometimes contact and then the knock sensor registers a false knock and then does weird things to the engine timing.
Noted, thanks for the info. It’s greatly appreciated.

I don’t have the car yet, I plan to get the 2021 model when it is available in Aus, so trying to do as much research as possible to hopefully get my choices right the first time, and save money having to redo things.
The FI and LT’s would be 12 months after i get the car, so i have some level of comfort that the mechanics are sound before i throw away my warranty.
Gives me plenty of time to look into the best options.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Noted, thanks for the info. It’s greatly appreciated.

I don’t have the car yet, I plan to get the 2021 model when it is available in Aus, so trying to do as much research as possible to hopefully get my choices right the first time, and save money having to redo things.
The FI and LT’s would be 12 months after i get the car, so i have some level of comfort that the mechanics are sound before i throw away my warranty.
Gives me plenty of time to look into the best options.
My recommendation is to go with the proven fit of quality RHD LTH's, but for FI applications or consideration of, pay careful attention to the quality of the cat's. Cat's ain’t Cat's, and how long they last/not fall apart and block your exhaust, and how well they actually work, are both important to me. High cell count quality cat's are also quieter than cheap low cell cats, but like everything you will pay for them. I’m keen to hear from @Bagration on his install after having it on for a while now. (CBR lockdowns may not have helped) Some of mine is still in a box awaiting time to fit, but hopefully that will free up soon. I'm hoping that with ARH/High cell green Cat's/Borla S-Type active catback, I can get still away with initial start loud cold starts (transitioning to full quiet mode in about 45 seconds). If not, I may have to add the Borla high flow resonator to calm it down a bit. I'll make that assessment/decision after it’s done. I do know if I had the ATAK catback and the rest, the additional resonator would be mandatory as IMO it would be too loud. Just some more to research for you 👨‍🔬

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
Yeah AJ I have been doing lots of research on FI, cats and LTH.

The shop said catless is the way to go, but listening to a car they had with a Whipple and that setup, it was just way too loud for me.

Have read the threads about melting cats with FI so still not sure which way to go here. I dont want it stupid loud, and dont want to blow a motor because of melting cats.

Current thinking is mabye a Procharger P1X, ARH LTH and green cats (GESI). Anyway, this is a 12 months from now job, so plenty of time to decide on an approach.

Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Great videos, I'm waiting for a H Pipe to arrive to be fitted on my '19 manual, I had been agonising over whether I should have gone with an x pipe but having seen the videos I'm happy with the choice.

Some very interesting countryside as well.

What exhaust mode did you have it in for the second video?

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Build 07/2018 Mustang GT 6spM (Magnetic)
Great videos, I'm waiting for a H Pipe to arrive to be fitted on my '19 manual, I had been agonising over whether I should have gone with an x pipe but having seen the videos I'm happy with the choice.

Some very interesting countryside as well.

What exhaust mode did you have it in for the second video?
Exhaust Mode: Sport

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
Does anyone else with the stock exhaust find that only the inside tips have soot in them? While I have only had the car a week, I thought it unusual that the outside outlets are almost perfectly clean (still silver).

I guess it is because the inside outlets have the valve, and I always change the exhaust to race mode when I start the car which results in the valves always being open.
I just thought there would be a more even flow out all tips in this mode.

I guess I will have to drive around in quite/normal mode for a while to even it up a little. :crazy:

Sponsored

TomOz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Ruby Red, 5.0 / 10 speed
Does anyone else with the stock exhaust find that only the inside tips have soot in them? While I have only had the car a week, I thought it unusual that the outside outlets are almost perfectly clean (still silver).
My inner and outer tips are the same level of 'sootiness' on my 2018.
It stays in Sports mode for 90% of the trips. Quiet mode on start-up always (don't want the neighbours to hate me).

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Exhaust Mode: Sport
Gooday. I had the Mishmoto H pipe put on last week, it is also fantastic. I wanted to ask you though, is yours' much, much louder now, especially on startup? you cant really get a sense of it from the videos but mine really bellows at startup, one of the guys at work asked whether it could be legal that loud.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Gooday. I had the Mishmoto H pipe put on last week, it is also fantastic. I wanted to ask you though, is yours' much, much louder now, especially on startup? you cant really get a sense of it from the videos but mine really bellows at startup, one of the guys at work asked whether it could be legal that loud.
G'day Peter. Yeah my Borla Switchfire X is much louder than stock on cold starts. I naturally have it set for quite start for before 7.00 am to not get neighbours offside. Oh to still be living on acreage.
I have heard of people who have decreased the start up rpm which decreases initial volumes. And yes, it probably isn't legal.

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Build 07/2018 Mustang GT 6spM (Magnetic)
Yes much louder (initial 1 sec 'bark') on 'cold starts' in quiet mode, then noise level decreases significantly after 3-5 secs. Decreases further during 'cold idle' over the next 20-40secs.

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
So i put the AWE Touring catback on yesterday and I absolutely love this exhaust. It is basically a 3” straight through with an H pipe. It does have mufflers at the back, but they are also basically straight through but with c ouple of holes to bounce the sound waves around to cancel out any drone.

It is quite loud outside the car, and inside also when you give it a boot full. The noise almost disappears completely when cruising so it is very easy to live with.

At idle there is a nice lumpy (not big cam lumpy, but still nice) rumble. A bit of bark in it at cold start and certainly louder than the stock exhaust.

I love that i dont have to switch the exhaust mode to race every time i get into the car now.

However, due to the loudness i am rethinking putting some headers on it because they would make it stupid loud i think. I am very happy with the noise levels as it is now.

I assume in a couple of weeks when the exhaust get some carbon build up in it the sound will change slightly, maybe get a little deeper in tone?
Does anyone have any feedback on this after switching their catback?

D7B575DA-01E4-4B37-AB85-D9FA3A7ECF87.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: