Aussie Exhausts

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Here ya go. Man I had lots of fun! The other guys there were saying it sounded unreal! They reckon they'd be happy just to listen all day :)
https://youtu.be/xjYqoF78weQ
Just had a look and a listen. Just superb. It put a smile on my face so you must have been over the moon. Great job
Sponsored

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Lads, Yes I haven't had this much fun since before hoon laws! and that's saying something because I haven't been so great for awhile. I'm hooked! They had to wave the checkered flag at me to get me to come in because I didn't want to stop!

Sponsored

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Here ya go. Man I had lots of fun! The other guys there were saying it sounded unreal! They reckon they'd be happy just to listen all day :)
Does sound good!

Maybe these are the mufflers I'm looking for to finish off my exhaust system.

I see them offered as a cat back, but can you get just the mufflers?

FM GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aug '16 Built RHD GT

Sounds amazing. I got the invidia q300 2.75" too and it's way better than the pricetag would suggest.

Just a head up for anyone in the future reading this though, back when I bought it about 3-4 months ago I got one of the last ones straight from invidia, was told they were discontinuing the exhaust. Might be a bit hard to find now.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@OzS550 hey Michael FWIW I think you can get AWE Touring axle back, a few of us have them cat back and are very happy albeit without headers. I think Paul (Bagration) has the AWE Touring cat back and is getting headers in the near future. I reckon one of the strengths of Peter's (FIXR7) system is probably those Hurricane resonators and as he says 'I've since added two 14" Hurricane resonators before the X which took that horrible raspy edge off it and now it's not so loud and sounds really good.' Couldn't tell from the photos what you're running or if it's an X or H pipe.

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds amazing. I got the invidia q300 2.75" too and it's way better than the pricetag would suggest.

Just a head up for anyone in the future reading this though, back when I bought it about 3-4 months ago I got one of the last ones straight from invidia, was told they were discontinuing the exhaust. Might be a bit hard to find now.
Yes I was very impressed with the Invidia quality too. Are they still doing the 3" version or none at all?....probably too many in the market now. Definitely one of the better sounding exhausts as just a cat back. Once you have headers however you have to add mufflers. I think the key with any system is to add the small diameter(resonator style) mufflers up front to kill the high frequency crap that makes the coyote sound so horrible. The fact that Ford has the "Suitcase" as standard kinda suggests it too. The guy's at the circuit were all saying "it's the best sounding stang they've heard" and "why do all the others sound so horrible?"

Sponsored

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
@OzS550 hey Michael FWIW I think you can get AWE Touring axle back, a few of us have them cat back and are very happy albeit without headers. I think Paul (Bagration) has the AWE Touring cat back and is getting headers in the near future. I reckon one of the strengths of Peter's (FIXR7) system is probably those Hurricane resonators and as he says 'I've since added two 14" Hurricane resonators before the X which took that horrible raspy edge off it and now it's not so loud and sounds really good.' Couldn't tell from the photos what you're running or if it's an X or H pipe.
The Pacemaker centre pipe has an H pipe and two resonators after this.

Had a good run on the weekend and the current setup sounds mostly good especially once warmed up. Gobs of torque now - very noticeable. Very nice, refined tune.

I have noticed condensation dripping from some exhaust joints when cold and can't shake the idea that this also means a slight exhaust gas leak here that could be contributing to unwanted sounds. Any thoughts?

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@OzS550 I reckon one of the strengths of Peter's (FIXR7) system is probably those Hurricane resonators and as he says 'I've since added two 14" Hurricane resonators before the X which took that horrible raspy edge off it and now it's not so loud and sounds really good.'
Go back a page and you can see the photo.

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have noticed condensation dripping from some exhaust joints when cold and can't shake the idea that this also means a slight exhaust gas leak here that could be contributing to unwanted sounds. Any thoughts?
Unless you can hear a tick it's probably not going to amount to anything especially when warmed up.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
If condensation is dripping from the joints it seems must be leaking in some way, which is strange. Agree with Peter that unless you can hear a tick it's probably not an issue but still I'd be very curious. I guess it's possible that it doesn't tick at idle but under power it does something to affect the noise.

So, front to rear Michael you have an H and two resonators and Peter has two resonators and an X. The AWE Touring has an H and then two resonators also but the section of pipe containing the H is well forward and quite a distance from the resonators. Exhaust tuning is a black art, even tubing wall thickness makes a difference and I'd be tempted to get the exhaust shop to reverse that centre section and see what happens but that's just me. Those spiral bits in the centre look interesting, are they expansion chambers?

The oem mufflers could be all that's causing rasp. An Invidia or AWE axle back seems to be as good an option as any, if they don't deliver it just leaves the centre section configuration to be tweaked.

Last edited:

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
The spiral bits are where the H pipe is.
99ECDCF2-98ED-48C4-A210-E641C2C0D1C5.jpeg

8A1DFC87-736E-42BB-9396-9A30FDC8E663.jpeg

The more I drive it the more I like (? get used to) it. Loving the way it drives with the extra torque!

I’ll probably change out the rear muffs at some point but they’ll have to be tame and look basically stock from the rear. No shiny muffler bodies etc.
Sponsored

Last edited: