Aussie Exhausts

TomOz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Ruby Red, 5.0 / 10 speed
I have noticed condensation dripping from some exhaust joints when cold and can't shake the idea that this also means a slight exhaust gas leak here that could be contributing to unwanted sounds. Any thoughts?
I know this is 6 months late, but I had the same thing after I put on the H-pipe.
I only noticed when my cleanliness freak mum told me I was dropping sooty water on her driveway!

I witnessed this when I put the car on my new Quickjack and had the wife start the car. Was quite obvious where the water was coming out of the joints.

I went to a local exhaust place who fixed this up for me.
They said they took the H-pipe out, and used something that he said could be called "exhaust silicon" on the joints before they reassembled.
Not a drop on start-up since!
Sponsored

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
My H pipe does this exact same thing. Might need to visit the shop.

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
I am thinking of going with an AWE Touring catback when i get my car, does anyone know who might sell these in Australia?
Also, has anyone gone from an active exhaust to a non-active and regretted it? I understand the benefits of being able to put it into quiet mode, but i just cant see that i would ever use this, and would always be just opening the valves anyway.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I am thinking of going with an AWE Touring catback when i get my car, does anyone know who might sell these in Australia?
Also, has anyone gone from an active exhaust to a non-active and regretted it? I understand the benefits of being able to put it into quiet mode, but i just cant see that i would ever use this, and would always be just opening the valves anyway.
I have an 18 with active, of course. One thing you don't get when you don't have active is "Quite Start". You never know when you may be in a position where you wish that you had the feature. This may be an unexpected early start from home or you might want to demonstrate your in compliance exhaust to the authorities after a complaint from when you have been blasting around in track mode. The mufflers that come on the car are very good (except the tips) and all that the majority of people with 18+ do is a resonator delete and fitment of an x, h or switchfire. The car can be set to start and run in quite mode 24 hours/day if you want or you can have your "My Mode" set to track exhaust so the loudest setting is only an easy toggle away. Personally I would never opt for non active.

TomOz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Ruby Red, 5.0 / 10 speed
(except the tips)
What's wrong with the tips?

My car is set to always start in quiet mode. Cold starts are very noisy.

The H-pipe is fun on the road, but 'sneaking out' is no longer possible. :frown:

Sponsored

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I got mine from Scuderia Autoart but I don't think they import them any more which is a shame as I have heard heaps of aftermarket exhausts and they are the best sound in my opinion, I get numerous compliments per week on mine. Give them a call and see if they can put you onto one or at the least whoever might supply them now.

Actually I don't know if the 15-17 will fit your car but some styles are available here!

https://www.mystangmods.com.au/shop...source_tax=product_cat&yith_product_brand=awe

Last edited:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
What's wrong with the tips?

My car is set to always start in quiet mode. Cold starts are very noisy.

The H-pipe is fun on the road, but 'sneaking out' is no longer possible. :frown:
They are thin walled and actually a bit sharp around the ends when cleaning. They would be the only reason that I would swap it out for an aftermarket axle back.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
They also look farkn cheap and nasty. I wish they came with a nice double walled option like on the Mach1.
That would be nice. I think the Mach 1's look even better than Borla's offerings.

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
I wonder if we can do an axel back using those mach1 mufflers... they look absolutely stunning. Way better than the tips on 150+k Mercedes with their fakery

Reactions: PKs

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
I don't know AJ. I know you have the nice Borla tips but these are just the bees knees. https://www.ford.com.au/content/for...em/image.imgs.full.high.jpg/1605257901951.jpg
They are very nice. That new honeycomb valance is sweet too. 4.5 inch tips really fill the space. I wonder if they did 3” pipes from the headers too and use a new type of FP exhaust... the current FP touring exhaust is made by Borla and they have the nice dual wall SS in 4”tips but they do not have the perforations inside. If it’s still the same front “coffin” a delete add X/H is still mandatory.

C280730D-0427-492F-980C-3595CBAC1C38.jpeg

Reactions: PKs

Zacaxel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback
I have heard heaps of aftermarket exhausts and they are the best sound in my opinion
I agree, i just prefer the sound much more than other catback's i have heard, including the Borla offerings.
How do you like yours, still happy with it, not too loud?

I have read plenty of car forums for other makes, and the theme with active exhausts seems to be about pulling fuses and adding clips to make the valves always open.

I guess the only reservation I have is I plan to add a Whipple and possibly LT headers after about 12 months, so i am a little worried that it will then be very loud and at that point i may regret not having access to a quiet mode.
I guess if it came to it i could look to add additional resonators at that point.

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I agree, i just prefer the sound much more than other catback's i have heard, including the Borla offerings.
How do you like yours, still happy with it, not too loud?

I have read plenty of car forums for other makes, and the theme with active exhausts seems to be about pulling fuses and adding clips to make the valves always open.

I guess the only reservation I have is I plan to add a Whipple and possibly LT headers after about 12 months, so i am a little worried that it will then be very loud and at that point i may regret not having access to a quiet mode.
I guess if it came to it i could look to add additional resonators at that point.
Yes very happy with it, it's not overly loud, just a very nice rumble. It has gotten a bit louder after a couple of years now though but only just a tad. The only time it is loud is on a cold start up in winter when the car is in my colorbond shed, but that's only for a few minutes until the revs get down to 1000rpm.
Sponsored