Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Removing the resonator will typically change the nature of the sound rather than the volume but removing the resonator also risks introducing drone. The best way to increase volume alone is with mufflers.

I replaced my stock resonator with a Magnaflow Tru-X and it wasn't much louder, just sharper. Then I fitted an AWE Touring cat-back which came with a resonated H pipe and verily, it was good.

As @PKs says asking Borla is probably a good way to start.
Sponsored

FM GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aug '16 Built RHD GT
Which long tube headers did you go with? And did it pop up with a check engine code P0420 from the rear 02 sensors that had to be turned off on the tune? I'm looking at a few options at the moment

TeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes Bulutt - Max Torque has increased significantly - so much so you need to feather the throttle in second & third gear changes to avoid wheel spin. (Sport+ with traction control on).
Good to know. Thanks

FM GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aug '16 Built RHD GT
I went with these:
https://australiaspeed.com.au/rex-ford-mustang-15-20-dual-step-headers/

No P0420 code as was sorted with the custom tune (You can't run rear O2 Sensors with Hi-Flow Cats/LTH due to the changed flow characteristics).
Ah yeah, that was one of the ones I was looking at, or Pacemakers. Did it come with any rear 02 extension cables or they just straight up come with no way of mounting the rear 02's? I'm tuned with Lund on E85 and due to the debacle over there they won't disable rear 02's even on overseas cars..

Might have to get rear 02 spacers or something to sort out the P0420 headache but I'm not mechanically inclined enough to understand how it would all work out.

Thinking of something like this - https://racecraftaus.com/products/mini-cat-02-adapters?variant=39448372805745
Sponsored