PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
So i put the AWE Touring catback on yesterday and I absolutely love this exhaust. It is basically a 3” straight through with an H pipe. It does have mufflers at the back, but they are also basically straight through but with c ouple of holes to bounce the sound waves around to cancel out any drone.

It is quite loud outside the car, and inside also when you give it a boot full. The noise almost disappears completely when cruising so it is very easy to live with.

At idle there is a nice lumpy (not big cam lumpy, but still nice) rumble. A bit of bark in it at cold start and certainly louder than the stock exhaust.

I love that i dont have to switch the exhaust mode to race every time i get into the car now.

However, due to the loudness i am rethinking putting some headers on it because they would make it stupid loud i think. I am very happy with the noise levels as it is now.

I assume in a couple of weeks when the exhaust get some carbon build up in it the sound will change slightly, maybe get a little deeper in tone?
Does anyone have any feedback on this after switching their catback?

D7B575DA-01E4-4B37-AB85-D9FA3A7ECF87.jpeg
So no active any more Trevor?
Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
ever since I had the H pipe installed I only leave it in normal. Sounds epic

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Mine has been stored like this for 5 years, I really should just scrap it.

n.jpg

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Unfortunately i don't have space in the garage for it. Only option is to leave it outside.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Unfortunately i don't have space in the garage for it. Only option is to leave it outside.
People, including myself, keep the resonator after replacing it with an X or h pipe just in case it needs to go back on. So if you cut like you were doing that you would have a 3 piece system that could be more easily stored. Maybe in your roof space or under your bed.

Sponsored

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
People, including myself, keep the resonator after replacing it with an X or h pipe just in case it needs to go back on. So if you cut like you were doing that you would have a 3 piece system that could be more easily stored. Maybe in your roof space or under your bed.
Yeah, didn't even think of the roof space. Thanks heaps!

Reactions: PKs

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
What system did you put on your car?
Borla Touring Cat-back, the louder American version not the EU one.

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG-0492.jpg

Plenty loud for me, certainly wakes the street up!

If I was to do it again, I would probably go for the Borla S-Type or Roush as I think I prefer the tone of those now.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Borla Touring Cat-back, the louder American version not the EU one.
That last pic is a little disturbing.

Can also vouch for the unmuted Borla Touring. I have it and I live in an apartment complex - haven't received any complaints as of yet.

Sounds way better than stock.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
That last pic is a little disturbing.

Can also vouch for the unmuted Borla Touring. I have it and I live in an apartment complex - haven't received any complaints as of yet.

Sounds way better than stock.
What? You don't fist your exhaust? :wink: :crackup: ..............to be honest, that was the reaction I expected posting that pic. :giggle:

I'm not (or was not) much into modding, but the stock 2016 exhaust was just so quiet, I was actually driving it harder than I should have been to actually hear it. I originally wanted to make the Mustang sound a bit like my XR8 with crackles and pops.

IMG-Ee1547.jpg

In the end it would have been boring to have two similar sounding cars The Touring is considerably louder than stock, and ended up being much louder than the XR8. It can tootle around town with a restrained rumble, but push it past 4000 rpm and all hell breaks loose.
Sponsored