Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
It's still an automatic is my point.
I knew what your point was. You see, I used to be a manual transmission snob. In fact, 6 of the 8 Mustangs that I've owned were manual transmissions. Then I learned just how intoxicating an automatic can feel with a big stall converter, and now I've seen the light! The stall converter in my '14 GT flashes to 5,000 rpm's!

I'm also a drag racer, so not only is the stalled automatic a blast, it's actually quicker down the drag strip. Hence Ford advertising the sub 4.0 second 0-60 mph with the 10-speed automatic.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
My August '17 purchase decision was easy. As soon as I found out Grabber Blue was gone after 2017, I found a Premium PP and pounced. No regrets!

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
dont like DI. dont like the front end at all. dont care about digital gauges. dont give a f%&k about active exhaust - old school always loud is how i like it. engine bay is ugly as hell. magnetic ride is cool but too expensive. so im pretty happy with what i got. This is my opinion so please dont flame me. But hey , i do live in japan so its not like i can get an 18 anyways...

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
dont like DI. dont like the front end at all. dont care about digital gauges. dont give a f%&k about active exhaust - old school always loud is how i like it. engine bay is ugly as hell. magnetic ride is cool but too expensive. so im pretty happy with what i got. This is my opinion so please dont flame me. But hey , i do live in japan so its not like i can get an 18 anyways...
The Exhaust on the 15-17 is in always quiet mode.:shrug:

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I still don't understand people who hate direct injection. I assume it was like this with carb people when PFI came out, but I wasn't really around for that.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
The Exhaust on the 15-17 is in always quiet mode.:shrug:
That is my biggest complaint about it. After a test drive, I said the first thing the car needed was an exhaust.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I still don't understand people who hate direct injection. I assume it was like this with carb people when PFI came out, but I wasn't really around for that.
Yes when EFI came out, all of the Carb guys said it was shit, would limit performance, difficult to tune ETC... Once it was figured out it became the biggest boon to automotive performance since the gasoline engine. DI will be much the same especially once tuners figure out that the effective octane of DI ethanol is over 145. Change is hard, people get comfortable and don't want to adapt.

DI isn't new, it's been used on diesels for decades. Us EB guys are having to pay thousands to get auxiliary PI fuel systems added to our cars. (once we've exceeded the DI limits) The new Coyote gets both PI and DI from the factory, those motors are going to be absolute monsters with forced induction.

Reactions: Ebm

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

To add to what Glenn said, some people absolutely hate or fear change. They have these emotions because they don't understand the technology. Fear of the unknown.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I knew what your point was. You see, I used to be a manual transmission snob. In fact, 6 of the 8 Mustangs that I've owned were manual transmissions. Then I learned just how intoxicating an automatic can feel with a big stall converter, and now I've seen the light! The stall converter in my '14 GT flashes to 5,000 rpm's!

I'm also a drag racer, so not only is the stalled automatic a blast, it's actually quicker down the drag strip. Hence Ford advertising the sub 4.0 second 0-60 mph with the 10-speed automatic.
That's great that you love your automatic as it makes total sense for a drag strip and doing exactly what you are doing with it. Every day driving in an automatic is boring which majority of people driving this car are doing and driving on public roads.

If I were doing a dedicated strip car or even a road course car, 10-speed would be a no contest. Fun is subjective unfortunately.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I love direct injection in my Mazda. I believe they even figured out how to keep the carbon buildup from happening in their Skyactiv 2.0 engines based on how the engineers described the cycle. I haven't been able to find a thread about carbon buildup yet on a 2015+ Mazda vehicle. Pretty amazing averaging 33 mpg in mixed driving in a mid sized sedan with no hybrid technology.

Very underrated company that doesn't get enough credit. With Ford's DI/PI combo, I wouldn't be worried either. You get the best of both worlds for performance and efficiency. The tuning portion is a little different, but nothing impossible.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I lose sleep at night about direct injection. I even have nightmares "please get off my valves carbon build up please pleaseeee nooooooooooooo!"

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I lose sleep at night about direct injection. I even have nightmares "please get off my valves carbon build up please pleaseeee nooooooooooooo!"
:lol::lol::lol:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

At least you're honest and aren't afraid to admit it. :thumbsup:

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box

Thankfully, the 2018 5.0 will be both port and DI, meaning the intake valves will still get enough of a cleaning to prevent carbon build up :D
Sponsored