Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
According to the document posted it would need the left and right midwoofer speakers to function.

Not being an NVH engineer for Ford I am not sure the reason, I do know that it's not always to enhance the existing sounds but to help remove pesky drones etc. Just like the car automatically closing the valves in 6th gear. :thumbsup:
My 2 cents of acoustical engineering experience , in this case the sound is generated to cancel phase out unwanted frequencies harmonics that interfere with audii/music olayback. These generated frequencies are only will power is applied these components, head unit off, no sound. : )

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
My old '13 Accord had a noise cancellation feature. You knew what it was, because thats the name of it. If it's true for the Voodoo, they didn't have to be so vague about it in the description. If someone has Twitter or whatever social media Jamal Hameedi is on, please do shoot him a message to clarify what the system actually does on the GT350
What I was going to post, when I changed out the system in my 2013 Accord the car got noticeably louder just like the OP said.

OP
OP

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
Does it happen if the stereo is not on?
It still is there with the stereo off.
I don't know if I'm imagining it to be louder, or maybe the sound deadening material somehow comes the sound in better, etc. but it just seems a little louder to me.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
It still is there with the stereo off.
I don't know if I'm imagining it to be louder, or maybe the sound deadening material somehow comes the sound in better, etc. but it just seems a little louder to me.
The only way to know is to test for output from the speakers when driving with radio off

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Whatever is going on, the car sounds great with the windows up, with the windows down and from outside as well.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Whatever is going on, the car sounds great with the windows up, with the windows down and from outside as well.
I find with windows up it is quite quiet even in sport mode.
Windows down the enjoyment of the FPC really takes hold. Driving alongside K-rails with the windows down causes :eyebulge:

I don't mind if they pump sound in but how quiet it is with windows up would make me think if Ford is augmenting it it is barely perceptible.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I find with windows up it is quite quiet even in sport mode.
Windows down the enjoyment of the FPC really takes hold. Driving alongside K-rails with the windows down causes :eyebulge:

I don't mind if they pump sound in but how quiet it is with windows up would make me think if Ford is augmenting it it is barely perceptible.
I guess loud/quiet is in the ear of the beholder. 92 decibels out the back is louder than most cars.

OP
OP

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
Quick update: I had the system tuned in, and they switched out the DSP to a new one, and in the process, the sound is quieter; I have thus determined (very unscientifically) that there is artificial sound pumping into the car. For me, I prefer it this way.
I do not know what was done to get it to this point, but I can ask when I next talk to the guys at the shop

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
That's disappointing... I was shocked when BMW started this bullshit.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I cant help but thinking that if they are speakers, then where are they "plugged" in and cant we just disable it at the source?

GT350/BT55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Conv Pack Avalanche White Stripe
You have to wonder why FOMOCO would even bother w gt350

That's disappointing... I was shocked when BMW started this bullshit.
That's funny, exactly what I thought and this was one of the reasons I did not drive out of a dealership with a new M4 convertible. I thought it was so ridiculous that BMW pumped "synthetic engine sounds" into the cabin. I guess it is just a thing now with car manufacturers. It just seems so utterly fake "I guess because it is fake" :headbonk:

Brings to mind a kid on a bicycle going VROOM VROOM VROOM. (Not that I ever did that)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Lemers,

You can AFAIK. Tank provided a link that explains how to disable that feature via code adjustment.

hats off to epiphany and Matt :hail:
It will be interesting to turn the speaker sounds off and on and decide which way I like it better. For some reason I'm not outraged at all. I think the car sounds amazing both inside and out, and I guess it doesn't bother me if some of the sounds come out of the speakers. I believe it's because I think the car sounds great anyway and I'm assuming whatever comes out of the speakers just slightly augments the car's natural sounds, rather than trying to mask a crappy sounding car.

I remember I took the sound tube off my 2011 GT because to me it sounded fake. That was piping actual intake noises into the interior, but somehow I just didn't like the sound. On my 2015 GT I didn't remove the tube because to me it sounded natural and I didn't notice anything funny with the sound.

I will probably try turning off the sound on the GT350 just to see what it's like, but I might turn it back on if the car sounds better to me with what Ford did.
Sponsored