Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'd like to know their reasoning, seeing as how the cars are loud in its stock form, the R, even more so.

I'd be surprised in the R.. at least the ones that don't have a radio.
Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I am surprised they would even need to do this on car that is so monstrously loud to begin with. personally I dont care, the care is awesome.

Sponsored

ViolentDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Silverado - '15 Ecoboost
Does it happen if the stereo is not on?
Based on the last paragraph, it would seem like it doesn't output to the speakers when the radio is off.

XxbMlhE.jpg

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Don't they still have 1 speaker in the base R for system chimes and warnings?
According to the document posted it would need the left and right midwoofer speakers to function.

I am surprised they would even need to do this on car that is so monstrously loud to begin with. personally I dont care, the care is awesome.
Not being an NVH engineer for Ford I am not sure the reason, I do know that it's not always to enhance the existing sounds but to help remove pesky drones etc. Just like the car automatically closing the valves in 6th gear. :thumbsup:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
It sounds like they are doing noise cancellation rather than augmentation. They also say that the trunk liked needs to be closed, so maybe a quick test of the effects would be to rev the engine and then pop the trunk and compare the sound.

-T

ViolentDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds like they are doing noise cancellation rather than augmentation. They also say that the trunk liked needs to be closed, so maybe a quick test of the effects would be to rev the engine and then pop the trunk and compare the sound.

-T
They're 2 separate systems for Active Noise Cancelation(ANC) and Engine Sound Enhancement(ESE). the GT350's only have ESE

DdPHxtR.jpg

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
According to the document posted it would need the left and right midwoofer speakers to function.

Not being an NVH engineer for Ford I am not sure the reason, I do know that it's not always to enhance the existing sounds but to help remove pesky drones etc. Just like the car automatically closing the valves in 6th gear. :thumbsup:
My old '13 Accord had a noise cancellation feature. You knew what it was, because thats the name of it. If it's true for the Voodoo, they didn't have to be so vague about it in the description. If someone has Twitter or whatever social media Jamal Hameedi is on, please do shoot him a message to clarify what the system actually does on the GT350

Sponsored

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Don't they still have 1 speaker in the base R for system chimes and warnings?
"Man that's some of the best MONO engine noise I've ever heard." :lol:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
They're 2 separate systems for Active Noise Cancelation(ANC) and Engine Sound Enhancement(ESE). the GT350's only have ESE

DdPHxtR.jpg
Thanks for all the great information so far. Kind of bummed about it.

ViolentDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the great information so far. Kind of bummed about it.
To me, I see it as something that doesn't take away from the experience, but adds to it, so its not that big a deal for me. My eco has ANC and ESE but I can't pick it out while driving, also having driven a GT350 I wasn't able to either. I think Ford went with a fill-in-the-gaps approach so its not overbearing.

Hughespj47

HughesPJ47
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 Track Pack, '09 MINI Cooper S, 94 SHO
So why not try pulling the audio system fuse and see if it makes a difference? I'm driving my GT350 from Colorado to California in a few days, so I think I'll try it.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
There is zero augmentation coming from the front speakers in mine at least below 45mph
Sponsored