JBL door speakers

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Finally have all the components for the install. Hard to believe Ford cheaped out on the door speakers. Paper cone made in Taiwan. On such a gorgeous long distance touring machine. Geesh !
The small tweeters are still on backorder. Not changing out the rear deck speakers or the A pillar speakers. To labor intensive.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Do you have the B&O option?... hard to believe the B&O system would use paper... but I’ve seen other crap happen in life.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yup ............. Same garbage as on the ST Explorer. Wish I'd of taken pictures. Basically, Ford paid for naming rights.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Finally have all the components for the install. Hard to believe Ford cheaped out on the door speakers. Paper cone made in Taiwan. On such a gorgeous long distance touring machine. Geesh !
The small tweeters are still on backorder. Not changing out the rear deck speakers or the A pillar speakers. To labor intensive.
Mind sharing the details of your planned setup?

Sponsored

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
I upgraded my old 2018 GT350 to all infinity reference speakers and noticed a nice improvement. I went with Infinity because the ohm ratings are closest to the oem 3ohms. I still have all of the paper junk speakers from my GT350 in my basement.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
The A pillar and rear deck speakers are no more difficult to replace than the door speakers. The A pillar in particular is pretty easy to do. Unless you go with some kind of DSP and get rid of the factory amp and processing the rear deck isn’t really worth it though as the amount of power sent to the rear really limits what a speaker can do.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Mind sharing the details of your planned setup?
JBL GX628 6.5" for the lower door, both sides. JBL GX 328 3.5" for the upper of both doors.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
The A pillar and rear deck speakers are no more difficult to replace than the door speakers. The A pillar in particular is pretty easy to do. Unless you go with some kind of DSP and get rid of the factory amp and processing the rear deck isn’t really worth it though as the amount of power sent to the rear really limits what a speaker can do.
I will revisit this once I've gotten the doors done. I need to get back on Crutchfield's web site. I had target fixation on the door panel speakers. I need to see what they recommend for the A pillars.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know the process of eliminating the factory amp and replacing it with two amps? Meaning what are minimum equipment and harnesses needed to make it work with the factory radio and what unnecessary processers can be used to further enhance the sound?
Correct me if I'm wrong but here is how I think it works:
factory signal harness to the amp inputs connects to the iDatalink HRN-AR-FO2 Harness, then you run that to iDatalink Maestro AR Amplifier Replacement Module, then to the Rockford Fosgate DSR1, and finally to the amp? And pull the mono sub rca signal output from the amp. Where do these items fit in in the equation if nedded or applicable?
AudioControl 6XS
iDatalink HRN-AR-EXT4 Harness
JL Audio TwK™ 88 System Tuning Processor
JL Audio FiX™ 86

Sponsored
OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Many thanks.
You will need the following: Metra 82-5605 mounting plate (pr) and, 72-5602. Inline jumper kit. This enables one to make the wiring true plug N play. No cutting/splicing ! www.metraonline.com You shouldn't have trouble accessing these on your side of the 'ol pond. :)
Mike

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
You will need the following: Metra 82-5605 mounting plate (pr) and, 72-5602. Inline jumper kit. This enables one to make the wiring true plug N play. No cutting/splicing ! www.metraonline.com You shouldn't have trouble accessing these on your side of the 'ol pond. :)
Mike
Thanks. Actually have all the mounting hardware (Metra) from my 2016, along with a set of Infinity 6522ix for the doors, 62.11i. for the rear deck, and a JL Jx 250 amp. I never mounted them (or even opened the packages). Now I and am trying to figure out whether I want to use any of it with the 2019 or sell it. I think the amp is very useful, because the B&O amp is sufficient. But the 6522ix may still be worth mounting. First world problem for sure.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Quite frankly, Fords use of single cone paper speakers is a travesty. It's like having a high end loo and using single ply toilet paper ............... :cwl: :clap:

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Quite frankly, Fords use of single cone paper speakers is a travesty. It's like having a high end loo and using single ply toilet paper ............... :cwl: :clap:
Don't disagree at all. The question I am stuck with is whether the B&O amp will drive the 6522ix's. If so, it's simply a plug and play swap, as you noted.
Sponsored