Sponsored

Driving through Mexico

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
On the way to taking the wife out for dinner this past Saturday evening we took a short detour on a deserted back road through Mexico. Started a 4th gear pull to redline at 65 mph. Damn, this thing is a rocket ship.

Won't say what the MPH was, but it was impressive and shocking in that it didn't feel that fast. Totally stable and composed. The only time I'd hit speeds like that previously was in the supercharged GT500s I've owned, and I have to say that it felt much better in the 350 than it did the 500s. Wife loved it, and so did I.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
On the way to taking the wife out for dinner this past Saturday evening we took a short detour on a deserted back road through Mexico. Started a 4th gear pull to redline at 65 mph. Damn, this thing is a rocket ship.

Won't say what the MPH was, but it was impressive and shocking in that it didn't feel that fast. Totally stable and composed. The only time I'd hit speeds like that previously was in the supercharged GT500s I've owned, and I have to say that it felt much better in the 350 than it did the 500s. Wife loved it, and so did I.
Mexico huh?

Careful......

[ame]

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The racing in Mexico thing has to be the most moronic trend that the car scene has ever witnessed.

It's one thing if you lived in Texas, but your location shows Florida. Come on now.

All you had to say is that "I gunned it this evening and I am really impressed on the acceleration and stability of this car at high speed."

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

That's a hell of a detour from NW Florida! You would need the rocket ship you mentioned, for sure.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
The racing in Mexico thing has to be the most moronic trend that the car scene has ever witnessed.

It's one thing if you lived in Texas, but your location shows Florida. Come on now.

All you had to say is that "I gunned it this evening and I am really impressed on the acceleration and stability of this car at high speed."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_gag

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
There is a popular YouTube channel on cars where the guy lives in Harrisburg yet he tours Mexico once a week and it's odd but you see US speed limit signs.:doh:

People who brag about driving fast in Mexico better hope they never do something stupid that hurts someone else. I have seen these "Mexico" trips come back to haunt people later.

Piece of advice, if you speed, don't post it, for your own good.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Like that idiot with the bad ass VW bug that was ripping through California and once the cops saw it they were easily able to find and charge him :frusty:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I drive in me-ji-co at least once a month..... different roads too. Their named as- Sebring, Homestead, or PBIR. :D

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Like that idiot with the bad ass VW bug that was ripping through California and once the cops saw it they were easily able to find and charge him :frusty:
Another example is the young guy out in CA with the green Lambo. I believe he hurt someone and they pulled all the video's he posted driving like an azz. I believe they used that in court against him.

OP
OP

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing what your post might have said:D

Nothing against you buddy. We all love this car and the way it sounds when it gets revving. I doubt anyone here can honestly say they have not bent the speed limit from time to time. I'm just suggesting to anyone (not you in particular) thinking of posting about driving really fast in Mexico, it might not be in their best interest.

No offense meant:cheers:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
...Totally stable and composed. The only time I'd hit speeds like that previously was in the supercharged GT500s I've owned, and I have to say that it felt much better in the 350 than it did the 500s.
I can attest to the speeds the GT500 could hit and how little time it took to get there. The 2.9L Whipple I added made my car silly fast. I appreciate your perspective having owned a few 500's prior to the 350.

OP
OP

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing what your post might have said:D
It was this. I deleted it because I didn't want to escalate the situation:

fhlhquote.jpg

The Mexico thing has been a running gag for a long time now, and it makes me smile. That's all.

No hard feelings on my part towards anyone.

I can attest to the speeds the GT500 could hit and how little time it took to get there. The 2.9L Whipple I added made my car silly fast. I appreciate your perspective having owned a few 500's prior to the 350.
The GT350 doesn't quite get up to speed as quickly as the GT500(s) did, but when it does get there it is far more confidence inspiring.

Sharky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R (eta tbd)

Sorry, couldn't help myself