Anyone using Sai Li fuel system?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the fore setup is def not 2x as much

we do a forum special for the guys on the level 1 fore systems which will never need a bap.

lund has tuned several of our customers, that ended up needing bap's in addition to the sai setup, and then could have had a fore for that

the fore is upgradeable too down the road if you end up needing a triple pump

then your not starting from scratch either
Sponsored

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
the fore setup is def not 2x as much

we do a forum special for the guys on the level 1 fore systems which will never need a bap.

lund has tuned several of our customers, that ended up needing bap's in addition to the sai setup, and then could have had a fore for that

the fore is upgradeable too down the road if you end up needing a triple pump

then your not starting from scratch either
If you run out of fuel on the GT350 kit(Sai or mine) you "could" get dual BAPs which required you to spend another $550 or you can simply upgrade the pumps. I walked a customer of mine through upgrading to dual walbro 450's and now he has all the fuel he needs for only $220 more. upgrading to a 8AN feed will help a ton too, but even on the stock 3/8th line this was enough to supply enough fuel for a 69mm pulley on e85 with 5% overdrive and his wet nitrous shot...
Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 1.58.36 PM.png

Last edited:

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Not gonna lie, having t-bolt clamps or even worm camps on anything going in my fuel tank would scare the $hit out of me. At the point of needing 465’s I would just go fore.

See here I am again debating with myself on going fore or not...shit...

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not gonna lie, having t-bolt clamps or even worm camps on anything going in my fuel tank would scare the $hit out of me. At the point of needing 465’s I would just go fore.

This customer already had a Sai kit and needed a bit more out of his system to feed his nitrous as well. It was much cheaper to upgrade the pumps to walbro 450's than it would of been to buy a whole new fuel system. and I believe the clamps were part of the install kit from Walbro, don't recall...

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
If you run out of fuel on the GT350 kit(Sai or mine) you "could" get dual BAPs which required you to spend another $550 or you can simply upgrade the pumps. I walked a customer of mine through upgrading to dual walbro 450's and now he has all the fuel he needs for only $220 more. upgrading to a 8AN feed will help a ton too, but even on the stock 3/8th line this was enough to supply enough fuel for a 69mm pulley on e85 with 5% overdrive and his wet nitrous shot...
That's what I mean a couple hundred bucks on top of a kit and you're already at the price of a fore

Do it.....

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Well so far I can say this the lethal harness is not made to plug into a gt350 pump.It can made to work because they are both 6 pins,Problem I had today was everything was finished pumps ran and primed like they should but not fuel pressure,nada!!!.I think because the lethal harness was made for a gt500 pump the wires are in a different location and may be running the pumps in reverse polarity,if not the new pumps just don't work.Will figure out some more later tomorrow lol.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well so far I can say this the lethal harness is not made to plug into a gt350 pump.It can made to work because they are both 6 pins,Problem I had today was everything was finished pumps ran and primed like they should but not fuel pressure,nada!!!.I think because the lethal harness was made for a gt500 pump the wires are in a different location and may be running the pumps in reverse polarity,if not the new pumps just don't work.Will figure out some more later tomorrow lol.
Glad I went with making my own harnesses on my kits, I almost relied on theirs but making it myself allowed me to make sure it was wired right, add options like a hobbs switch, and also make the over all kit cheaper
23795651_1950676891858865_9199545016544547410_n.jpg

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Nah it's nothing wrong with their harness,they just have the wires setup for the gt500 pumps and i used the gt350 pumps.My problem is I need to stop listening to all the internet experts saying the 350 and 500 pump setups were exactly the same lol.I think my friend Ken talked to u and if what u told him about the black wires being hot is true we found our problem,polarity is switched.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)

Nah brother brother give me a few hours today,i.stopped yesterday because I was cold as shit and tired.I looked over the wires and the harness lethal sells was made to.work with the gt500 pumps,same amount of pins and order as the gt350 pump but the 2 power wires and ground wires need to.be switched,all the rest of the harness is perfect.Im going to.switch them today and I bet the pumps work fine.Everything else we used worked perfect.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP

There is nothing wrong with having the lines clamped. Cars came from the factory this way for years. The fore system is really expensive after you start adding options. The hat alone is 800 with three pumps.

Sponsored

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
The intent of the Sai Li kit is a budget friendly kit to support customers who want to run e85 with boost or 93 octane with higher boost levels. For $900 it serves it purpose and also leaves room to grow. The fore kit starts at $1300 and goes up as you add more to it. It's honestly a question of what the customer has planed with their build. If you think your going to need more fuel down the road to support over 850hp on e85 then go with the fore. If not say the 400 bucks and invest it in stronger half shafts or a clutch.

TexasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
On a Roush set up, is a 72 pulley good to go with the Sai Li kit?

E85
Stock manifolds
Gutted cats
OPG/CS
3” exhaust
75 pulley currently

Would also go with 67 throttle body and JLT intake as part of the switch to the 72.

Thoughts?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
So I understand Fore’s kit is upgradeable, but everything adds up fast. It’s 1100+ without pumps, jumps to almost 1350 with pumps. That’s supposed to be the 800whp setup. Now I wonder from the long list of options what is and what isn’t a necessity to reach the 800-850whp mark? I just want a true dollar cost from the fore setup.
AD62BF79-2E8D-4901-80AB-BBE7EA4CCDC8.jpeg

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
If I need it, I might go that route with the 450's. Not a bad option. What do you think that would support with an 8an line?

OP
OP
2016s550gt

2016s550gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So I understand Fore’s kit is upgradeable, but everything adds up fast. It’s 1100+ without pumps, jumps to almost 1350 with pumps. That’s supposed to be the 800whp setup. Now I wonder from the long list of options what is and what isn’t a necessity to reach the 800-850whp mark? I just want a true dollar cost from the fore setup.
Same here, Want to know what’s needed. Want something for 850-950rwhp
Sponsored