Sponsored

Sai Li Fuel System running

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
So i have a procharged P1X 15 GT, the question i have is that im looking to do E85, and need a fuel system, the Sai Li fuel system states it automatically runs as soon as the car runs, i will be running separate tunes, a 91 tune and E85, when i need to go back to 91 and the pump is running will i be getting any issues or overkill from the fuel system while running 91 or is it just more of a security type deal?
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
No issues changing over to the gasoline tune. I run the Sai kit and P1x as well. As long as you are using a reputable tuner (Lund, PBD, etc) they will create the gas tune first, then the E 85 tune. The gas tune will have lower injector duty cycle, fuel pump duty cycle, and probably other tweaks to accommodate the volume differences

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
How low should a person run it before it is ok to switch fuel types?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
The tank should basically be empty before you fill it with the opposite fuel. Run it down till at least the fuel light comes on. Then fill the tank completely with whatever you plan to switch to, and flash the tune. You need to make damn sure that the battery is fully charged in the car when you flash the tune, or better yet have a trickle charger on it while you do it. The last thing you want is for the voltage to drop too low during the middle of the flash process and brick the computer. As long as you have a good battery that's charged, You can do it at the gas station.

Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
So i have a procharged P1X 15 GT, the question i have is that im looking to do E85, and need a fuel system, the Sai Li fuel system states it automatically runs as soon as the car runs, i will be running separate tunes, a 91 tune and E85, when i need to go back to 91 and the pump is running will i be getting any issues or overkill from the fuel system while running 91 or is it just more of a security type deal?
I've ran Sai's kit on my 2017 with the pumps primed full time and had no issues on 93 or E85. You will be fine. Hit me up if you want to get a good deal on a Sai Li kit! Lethalperformance.com

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The tank should basically be empty before you fill it with the opposite fuel. Run it down till at least the fuel light comes on. Then fill the tank completely with whatever you plan to switch to, and flash the tune. You need to make damn sure that the battery is fully charged in the car when you flash the tune, or better yet have a trickle charger on it while you do it. The last thing you want is for the voltage to drop too low during the middle of the flash process and brick the computer. As long as you have a good battery that's charged, You can do it at the gas station.
OP your tuner can also write you a fuel drain tune so you can drain your tank bone dry and empty it into a container right at home, no need to worry about driving around till empty and possibly running out of gas. All you need is a fuel filter from the 05-10 s197 cars and a few feet of 3/8" fuel line. You disconnect the fuel line from the rails, plug the filter into the line and then flash the fuel drain tune. Once its flashed you leave the car on until it stops pumping fuel out of the tank.

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
No issues changing over to the gasoline tune. I run the Sai kit and P1x as well. As long as you are using a reputable tuner (Lund, PBD, etc) they will create the gas tune first, then the E 85 tune. The gas tune will have lower injector duty cycle, fuel pump duty cycle, and probably other tweaks to accommodate the volume differences
. Thats what i was assuming, so im going to go ahead and get that purchase, i have lund tuning my vehicle so i trust what they say. How has your power been with the setup?

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I've ran Sai's kit on my 2017 with the pumps primed full time and had no issues on 93 or E85. You will be fine. Hit me up if you want to get a good deal on a Sai Li kit! Lethalperformance.com
Thank you i will be taking my shot on it in the next couple weeks once i get my halfshafts installed, i'll hit you up by then

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
OP your tuner can also write you a fuel drain tune so you can drain your tank bone dry and empty it into a container right at home, no need to worry about driving around till empty and possibly running out of gas. All you need is a fuel filter from the 05-10 s197 cars and a few feet of 3/8" fuel line. You disconnect the fuel line from the rails, plug the filter into the line and then flash the fuel drain tune. Once its flashed you leave the car on until it stops pumping fuel out of the tank.
Thats a good way to work around it since im in Arizona and there is e85 in a couple stations here only and so im going to get a couple VP jugs and drain my tank whenever i need to go for some runs lol

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
. Thats what i was assuming, so im going to go ahead and get that purchase, i have lund tuning my vehicle so i trust what they say. How has your power been with the setup?
I've never had it on a dyno. I have the smallest pulley that won't overspin the blower. I use a Griptec 3.25", and stock balancer. I give up 15-20% power depending on DA due to the altitude over a sea level car. The 3.25" pulley would make around 15-16 PSI at sea level, but up here its around 13 psi at 7500 RPM engine speed. Its more than fast enough for a street car, with street tires.

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I've never had it on a dyno. I have the smallest pulley that won't overspin the blower. I use a Griptec 3.25", and stock balancer. I give up 15-20% power depending on DA due to the altitude over a sea level car. The 3.25" pulley would make around 15-16 PSI at sea level, but up here its around 13 psi at 7500 RPM engine speed. Its more than fast enough for a street car, with street tires.
That is baddass, im on 4.88 puller at the moment, im going to look into doing a smaller pulley but only after i can adjust it with the fuel because i had some knock with 91 and so i was informed by lund to race whenever i add octanium so lets see how it does after this Sai Li is installed
Sponsored