Sponsored

Anyone using Sai Li fuel system?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
[MENTION=9456]Tommy V[/MENTION] , let me know how you like your hoses/etc from an fittings direct. I've heard mixed reviews on their quality.
Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
The hose appeared to be quality stuff but I have never seen any other PTFE line in person. The fittings were a bit tricky to install but we did get the hang of it. I would recommend ordering a foot of it and one fitting. Tommy is the guinea pig for us LOL.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Like Ken said the hose was good quality.It does take a little practice cutting the brading back and getting the fittings right but it's not that hard.Im done with tuning for 93 the good stuff is next.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Like Ken said the hose was good quality.It does take a little practice cutting the brading back and getting the fittings right but it's not that hard.Im done with tuning for 93 the good stuff is next.
Cutting it while wrapped in masking tape helps a lot, then keep the tape on it when you put the capture nut through, once it is through you can remove the tape, trim any frayed edges and tighten the capture nut to the fitting...if you have heat shrink large enough it will make sure nothing frays when you cut it with a dremel too. sometimes the tape will lose tension and it starts to fray a bit, which is anoying...I had to re-do a few cuts bc of that

Sponsored

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Sai’s kit is well worth the money! I make 798rwhp on E85. Seen lethal performance has there Sai kit for 875 shipped this Friday. Heck of a deal.

Tacostrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roushcharged gt premium PP
Yeah.. that guy legit copied Sai. He bought a Sai kit and then started selling his "own" kit a couple weeks later. :crazy:
But this kit uses a ford fuel pump driver module. It looks to be more of a true plug and play system. Sai Li kit you have hook up a relay and run some wiring.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
$1100 for a gt350 pump setup? What is he smoking?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
GT350 pressure is regulated by variable pump speed as they have a fuel pressure sensor on the rail.
Hey if this is the case,were not using the stock fpm and their is no pressure sensor on the gt rails,so when u put the gt350 pumps in how does the ecu know how much voltage the pumps need??I ask this because I'm 10 tuning now and Jon said I'm running out of pump at 7k and no where near 800 whp.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Hey if this is the case,were not using the stock fpm and their is no pressure sensor on the gt rails,so when u put the gt350 pumps in how does the ecu know how much voltage the pumps need??I ask this because I'm 10 tuning now and Jon said I'm running out of pump at 7k and no where near 800 whp.
I think its because GTs use it as a return style setup, regulated by the FPR back to tank. Otherwise we would need to use dual FPDMs like the shelbys.

Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP

Using GT350 pumps in the GT with a return style system you don't regulate the voltage with the PCM. You run the pumps at bat voltage and regulate pressure with the regulator.

If you are running out of pump there is something wrong. You either have an install problem (voltage, kink in hose, etc) or a pump is dead or the polarity is reversed on one of the pumps (check wiring).

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Using GT350 pumps in the GT with a return style system you don't regulate the voltage with the PCM. You run the pumps at bat voltage and regulate pressure with the regulator.

If you are running out of pump there is something wrong. You either have an install problem (voltage, kink in hose, etc) or a pump is dead or the polarity is reversed on one of the pumps (check wiring).
I would agree to that except all my logs 6 total have had perfect air fuel until the last one,pumps are wired wright,did check connections just to make sure no loose ones.Also the way the stock line runs and is made it's almost impossible to kink,unless your an idiot lol.So Lund is off for the holidays so I have to wait to figure this out.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I would agree to that except all my logs 6 total have had perfect air fuel until the last one,pumps are wired wright,did check connections just to make sure no loose ones.Also the way the stock line runs and is made it's almost impossible to kink,unless your an idiot lol.So Lund is off for the holidays so I have to wait to figure this out.
If they have all been good until the last one, double check everything. Triple check fuel pressure with the vac hose off, see what it goes to when you reattach the hose. Check wiring and fuses for both pumps to make sure they're still both operating.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)

Are u running a boost reference on your regulator,I'm seeing some guys saying their tuner requires it and others that say set it to 58 and no vacvum.
Sponsored