Sponsored

Anyone Use E85 inline fuel Analyser with Gauge?

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
Looks like winter blend.

I don't think ive ever tested E that low where I fuel up.
More than 70% out of the pump is good where I live. 72% was the lowest I've tested. This one in the picture was right at 78%. We live in 100% humidity pretty much all year round so seeing 85% is just not possible from a station. I was buying 5 Gallon tins which was 90% and my car saw 18psi on one rip when it usually sees 12-13psi. Hardest rip I've ever had.
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I seen that setup. Which one did you go with?
I have the Fuel it Bluetooth dongle and Continential ethanol sensor plumbed into the return side of my fuel system with -8AN lines, using an Aeromotive sensor adapter. The adapter allows up to a -10 fitting and line to be used. The harness on the Fuel-it kit has the output wire (white wire) already installed so that you can run it directly to CANBUS like @mejohn50 is doing so that you can have true flex fuel tuning capability with PCMtec, and use the Fuel-it app on your phone to look at ethanol content and fuel temperature. Kind of hard to see under my strut brace.

IMG_7244.jpg

IMG_7245.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I have the Fuel it Bluetooth dongle and Continential ethanol sensor plumbed into the return side of my fuel system with -8AN lines, using an Aeromotive sensor adapter. The adapter allows up to a -10 fitting and line to be used. The harness on the Fuel-it kit has the output wire (white wire) already installed so that you can run it directly to CANBUS like @mejohn50 is doing so that you can have true flex fuel tuning capability with PCMtec, and use the Fuel-it app on your phone to look at ethanol content and fuel temperature. Kind of hard to see under my strut brace.

IMG_7244.jpg

IMG_7245.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg
Nice setup. I don't plan on installing my fuel return and go to E85 until around Mayish. Thanks

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Here is my gauge, $12.95 from Amazon. It sucks to do science when getting fuel but the car is not a daily. Only 6600 miles in 4 years.

53583446240_fe316ebfcb_c.jpg
Untitled by jpjr50, on Flickr
I know the test kits are what allot of people use. Thanks

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk

IMG_7244.jpg

IMG_7245.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg
That looks clean.

Just an FYI, it’s my understanding that the Fuel It kit only has a 0-5v analog output, which is different than how the Zeitronix ECA-2 CAN bus sensor adapter works.

Maybe I’m missing something, but if it’s only a 0-5v output, which it likely is with just a single signal wire (CAN bus is two wires), then it will not work with PCMTEC’s CAN bus sensor-based flex fuel.

With the CAN bus ECA-2 adapter, you’re actually adding a new module to the CAN bus that is sending information to the PCM on the bus. The ECA-2 requires programming to have the correct address and data rates so it works with PCMTEC’s logic.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
That looks clean.

Just an FYI, it’s my understanding that the Fuel It kit only has a 0-5v analog output, which is different than how the Zeitronix ECA-2 CAN bus sensor adapter works.

Maybe I’m missing something, but if it’s only a 0-5v output, which it likely is with just a single signal wire (CAN bus is two wires), then it will not work with PCMTEC’s CAN bus sensor-based flex fuel.

With the CAN bus ECA-2 adapter, you’re actually adding a new module to the CAN bus that is sending information to the PCM on the bus. The ECA-2 requires programming to have the correct address and data rates so it works with PCMTEC’s logic.
I was told this would be a good set up for E85?

1710870218720-eu.png

jjsotolongo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Yes I have that set-up. Bought a stock fuel line for $50 and spliced into it to install a Zeitronix ECA-2. I have the user-flex tune from Lund. My car is N/A. If you want to do this with boost you will need a bypass for the sensor to prevent it from creating a bottleneck in your fuel lines.

How do you like that Lund tune?
[/QUOTE]

it’s been great. The throttle mapping is very smooth and more responsive than stock. More power is nice as well of course.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk

1710870218720-eu.png
That kit will measure the ethanol content but it will not work for the PCMTEC CAN bus flex. It needs to be the ECA-2 CAN bus version if you want that functionality.

jjsotolongo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
it’s been great. The throttle mapping is very smooth and more responsive than stock. More power is nice as well of course.
[/QUOTE]

Im trying to decide between their user flex tune and a street/dyno use flex tune from HPJ outside St Louis.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
That kit will measure the ethanol content but it will not work for the PCMTEC CAN bus flex. It needs to be the ECA-2 CAN bus version if you want that functionality.
Thanks. I will look into that.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
That looks clean.

Good to know, yes it only has a single 0-5v output.

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT
Im just gonna get the pre fabbed 2018+ kit with billet fittings. I dont see a need for a gauge. The E% should be fairly consistent over the course of a tank. If you have 3 gallons of E72 in there and go fill up and 15 miles later you're reading E74 thats pretty well what its gonna be for the tank.
You dont need the guage. On engine startup it will sweep the speedo to the measured content via CANBus.

If you need to check turn the car off and enter ethanol edit mode and it will show you on the speedo also 1:1 reading of what is on the gauge.

If anyone else reliable or can manufacture in quantity makes a canbus ethanol sensor we can add support for it. The address simply needs to be configurable to 0x43C for modern vehicles or 0x435 for older vehicles. Aa}

You can also datalog it with pcmtec if needed.

Last edited:

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
DougS550 said:

1710870218720-eu.png
Don't order the the kit with the Ethanol sensor from them, it's too expensive. Buy the ethanol sensor from Rock Auto. Just get the ECA-2 and gauge from them (if not going CAN bus).

I am in the middle of installing my fuel system currently and am installing the ethanol sensor in my return line using the Motion Raceworks billet dual channel in-line sensor mount. I have not decided if I'm just going to run the gauge only or change my tuning plans and possibly go CAN bus for something like PCMTEC. Figured best to install the sensor now while running all the lines instead of going back to do it later.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
IMG_5536.png
IMG_5535.png

I’m running rubber hose right now, going to order these parts to covert to ptfe. Will let everyone know how it works out/if any substitutions should be made.
Sponsored