Anyone put Headers on their Mach 1 yet?

cprime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caelan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
So I will need to cut the 3" Kook's connect pipes back some then I'm going to use some of these to connect the two pipes:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HQSWYOS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do not try to force the Kook's pipes over the Switchfire ends or you will end up with an exhaust leak like me. Do it the right way the first time. There's a reason the GT500 installation instructions re-use the OEM clamps on the front.
The guy installing my headers just told me that the stainless power aftermarket connection pipes aren’t fitting the borla switchfire. He’s not able to do the modifications necessary, so I’ll need to take them to an actual exhaust shop. Hopefully they can expand them and get it be a slip fit connection with some 3” clamps
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The guy installing my headers just told me that the stainless power aftermarket connection pipes aren’t fitting the borla switchfire. He’s not able to do the modifications necessary, so I’ll need to take them to an actual exhaust shop. Hopefully they can expand them and get it be a slip fit connection with some 3” clamps
How about v-band assemblies. I had this setup on my 2013 GT.

https://www.aceraceparts.com/produc...MI5eTe_MS9-wIV1tOGCh12BQiDEAQYASABEgL5evD_BwE

cprime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caelan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys! Thinking about pulling the trigger on a set of Kooks headers for the Mach 1 in 2 weeks. Lethal is having their Black Friday sale on them starting the 21st. Had anyone added headers to their Mach 1 yet? If so how you do you like now and how much was the install?

Thanks
I've been looking at this for the last month... Im in!! 1 7/8" Green Catted bare Stainless from Kooks. Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube green catted

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm about to sawzall my connect pipes soon. I have to cut about 2.7 inches off so the couplers will hold the pipes together with no exhaust leak.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I just looked up those pipes. Similar to how mine are but Kook's has a small section that bends.

You have two options: Cut 3" pipes back and use couplers or have a shop cut and weld it to the Switchfire which I wouldn't recommend because talking off the system would be a pain otherwise.

cprime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caelan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Are those the pipes that came with them or are they different? The ones that usually come with the headers neck down so those OEM clamps work with the stock catback.

You have two options: Cut 3" pipes back and use couplers or have a shop cut and weld it to the Switchfire which I wouldn't recommend because talking off the system would be a pain otherwise.
He sent me this picture. This is how the lead pipes are lining up with the switchfire. The aftermarket connection style has a longer than normal lead pipe to allow trimming, so that it can fit multiple systems

811C7BB9-7D66-4462-A527-4E8D4FDACA25.jpeg

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
He sent me this picture. This is how the lead pipes are lining up with the switchfire. The aftermarket connection style has a longer than normal lead pipe to allow trimming, so that it can fit multiple systems

811C7BB9-7D66-4462-A527-4E8D4FDACA25.jpeg
Yeah, cut and use 3" coupler clamps. Kook's instructions say to trim the pipes as they are long on purpose.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I wonder why they don’t sell the mid pipes to fit properly? That sounds like a hassle and a half.

04mazdaspeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Any reason most seem to be buying the Kooks vs the other brands? Personal preference? Im torn between the kooks with the green cats and the texas speed ones. $1100 difference is quite a bit to chew on.

cprime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caelan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Yeah, cut and use 3" coupler clamps. Kook's instructions say to trim the pipes as they are long on purpose.
If they can cut the extra, expand the last 4” of the pipe, make it slip over properly, and tighten with the clamps it came with that would be perfect

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Any reason most seem to be buying the Kooks vs the other brands?
Same reason they go to Lund for tuning. Name recognition. Kooks do fit but so do most others.

04mazdaspeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Same reason they go to Lund for tuning. Name recognition. Kooks do fit but so do most others.
That's what I figured but just wanted to ask since maybe there is something I am missing. Maybe Kooks does offer better quality to justify the price? Im definitely not one to be cheap but $2300 for headers is a hard pill to swallow If im not "losing" any quality with Texas speed or the like.
Sponsored