Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Are you doing the install yourself? I get back to frozen Ohio Dec 8th and mine should be delivered shortly there after. I hate other people working on my vehicles so I'm gonna do it myself. I got the 1 7/8" Green catted non coated version. I wondering if I'll need a tune asap? I hope not that's why I got the green catted mid. I plan to go with an E-85 tune eventually. Will running them on the factory tune be harmful I wonder?
even with the green cats, mine started throwing O2 codes... had to get it tuned to get the O2 codes to stop...

I replaced the O2 sensors (all 4) cleared the codes a dozen times, got a tune, no more codes.

OP
OP
comptech87

comptech87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Eruption Green
Same here... kooks, green cats, performance connect to borla attack w/active....

JLT CAI w/tune

depending on day (weather conditions) 478 - 482 rwhp
are those #s on E85?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
No tuner will turn the o2 codes off anymore. Thank the EPA.
What about tune revisions, will those now have the CEL? I have to get new tunes for my IMRC lockout kit from Lund. They told me it would cost $150 to write new tunes, but no data logging would be needed. Hoping not to have the CEL.

Is It even possible to run with the IMRC lockout kit and no tune revision?

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
What about tune revisions, will those now have the CEL?
That will depend on the tuner. If they start over with a new canned tune it will be on. If they take a copy of your current tune and ONLY make changes for no IMRC the light will stay off. Since Lund was raided by the EPA and you are tuned by them, my guess is they will turn them back on in case they get audited again.
Is It even possible to run with the IMRC lockout kit and no tune revision?
No the car will not run very well if at all. Mine won't even start with a stock tune and the IMRC"s off

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Same here... kooks, green cats, performance connect to borla attack w/active....

JLT CAI w/tune

depending on day (weather conditions) 478 - 482 rwhp
Very good numbers. I only made 469 rwhp/434 rwtq and that was on E85 with catted LTHs, X-an pipe and PMAS CAI Kit.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Very good numbers. I only made 469 rwhp/434 rwtq and that was on E85 with catted LTHs, X-an pipe and PMAS CAI Kit.
Yours are very respectable too... Mine was after 8 dyno runs on two separate occasions... tweak after tweak. Also, I have removed as much deflection in the drivetrain as I could. Maybe this is less about making and more about not losing hps. I have a one-piece DSS driveshaft, upgraded axles, diff bushing lock-outs, IRS upgrade (braces, alignment, & bushing lockouts).

I was considering a whipple, but my car is hard to drive under WOT... thinking this might be enough :). As far a wheels and tires; frt 19x10.5 285/35...rear 19x11 305/35... might move to 315s on the rear and reconsider the whipple.

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
One thing I guess I should mention and I'm having to repair now is you need to use 3" butt joint clamps if you want the full 3" option. The shop that installed my headers forced my Kook's 3" connect pipes over the Switchfire pipe ends and that's not how it should have been done. I had an exhaust leak, and it was a pain trying to get those ends off of the Switchfire. I had to use a pipe expander/repairer tool to fix the pipes back to normal. Now I'm installing those clamps to prevent that leak or if you really wanted to you could weld it which I wouldn't recommend.
@Zelek just curious, why would you not recommend welding? Thanks

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
@Zelek just curious, why would you not recommend welding? Thanks
You can't really disassemble the exhaust up front easily if you weld the connect pipes. If you're okay with leaving everything in place and not swapping out catted or catless pipes, it has the best seal but you'll still need to have the pipes on the Switchfire expanded to 3" from 2.75" in order to weld the pipes together.

OP
OP
comptech87

comptech87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Eruption Green
Sorry for the delay guys… so my install is stuck until next week. My factory connect pipes were messed up from kooks. Looks like the machine was out of spec when they went thru manufacturing. They were awesome when we called and are sending out the right pipes. So hopefully some results mid next week. I did get my baseline pulls done at least and they had me smiling.

2620A5C4-D80D-4FDE-845B-87B7FE306FDA.jpeg

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
It should be mandatory for people with headers to post some videos of cold start, drive-bys etc 😁
Just got the Kooks last week...

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Sorry for the delay guys… so my install is stuck until next week. My factory connect pipes were messed up from kooks. Looks like the machine was out of spec when they went thru manufacturing. They were awesome when we called and are sending out the right pipes. So hopefully some results mid next week. I did get my baseline pulls done at least and they had me smiling.

2620A5C4-D80D-4FDE-845B-87B7FE306FDA.jpeg
Well that’s not good. Is that new pipe supposed to slip over the existing and it’s mistakenly undersized? Just trying to understand what I’m looking at so I can double check mine that are still in the box to see if I have the same problem. Thanks
Sponsored