Anyone put Headers on their Mach 1 yet?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So after messing around with it more, there's not enough room for the butt joint clamps unless I cut the Kook's 3" connect pipes back some. Instead, I used a harbor freight pipe repair / expander with my impact gun and slightly expanded the pipes to fit over my Switchfire properly. This time I will seal them with the Borla clamps without a leak.
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
They should have done 1-7/8ths and not the 1-3/4ths headers.
Why on a 5.oh?
Maybe a pure track car, but the area under the curve/peak with larger headers, I'd need to see power pulls of both headers on the same car, ideally same day. 1-2 at peak to give up meat in the low,mid range isn't ideal on a street rade. other than dyno sheet bragg'n rights.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Why on a 5.oh?
Maybe a pure track car, but the area under the curve/peak with larger headers, I'd need to see power pulls of both headers on the same car, ideally same day. 1-2 at peak to give up meat in the low,mid range isn't ideal on a street rade. other than dyno sheet bragg'n rights.
Not sure why low matters when you should be keeping this car above 4500 RPM. Regular driving on the street does not matter if you aren't WOT.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Not sure why low matters when you should be keeping this car above 4500 RPM. Regular driving on the street does not matter if you aren't WOT.
Oh, I would love to have roads to be at 4000+ rpm 80% of the time. but reality is often disappointing , So here I sit, sad faced.

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Maybe a pure track car, but the area under the curve/peak with larger headers
The coyote likes larger headers. Probably due to the 4 valve heads and the TiVVT. Many dyno pulls show no loss in Tq going up to 2 inch primary's.

OP
OP
comptech87

comptech87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Eruption Green
Decided on going got the Jet Hot coating. Going to talk to them on Monday! Less heat in the engine bay is never a bad thing!

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Decided on going got the Jet Hot coating. Going to talk to them on Monday! Less heat in the engine bay is never a bad thing!
Take off your pipes that go around, pass by your rear diff. and have them coated as well. The drop in temp of the diff will be worth it, and not cost much to have done while they are coating your headers.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
The coyote likes larger headers. Probably due to the 4 valve heads and the TiVVT. Many dyno pulls show no loss in Tq going up to 2 inch primary's.
Is that with stock, slightly or highly modified engines.

Asking because coming from the LS family we don’t usually go to a 2” primary till we are pushing 1K+ rwhp.
TIA

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Is that with stock, slightly or highly modified engines.
Stock.

It goes against everything I have ever learned about headers and engines.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Cool! What color? There is a guy on here with green ceramic coated headers and they look really good. I believe they’re on a Bullitt.

OP
OP
comptech87

comptech87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Eruption Green
Cool! What color? There is a guy on here with green ceramic coated headers and they look really good. I believe they’re on a Bullitt.
I’m between doing a green or the normal
Polished. Green would be cool especially if it was a close match to my eruption green.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’m between doing a green or the normal
Polished. Green would be cool especially if it was a close match to my eruption green.
The green I saw on the post here was very close to the color of your car.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Stock.

It goes against everything I have ever learned about headers and engines.
That’s crazy I wonder how many CFMs our heads flow. I need to research I feel stupid asking so many questions.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So I will need to cut the 3" Kook's connect pipes back some then I'm going to use some of these to connect the two pipes:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HQSWYOS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do not try to force the Kook's pipes over the Switchfire ends or you will end up with an exhaust leak like me. Do it the right way the first time. There's a reason the GT500 installation instructions re-use the OEM clamps on the front.
Sponsored