2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
They should have done 1-7/8ths and not the 1-3/4ths headers.
I think they did the 1 3/4 because the car is staying naturally aspirated. I thought the 1 7/8ths were for cars going to forced induction?
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Hey guys! Thinking about pulling the trigger on a set of Kooks headers for the Mach 1 in 2 weeks. Lethal is having their Black Friday sale on them starting the 21st. Had anyone added headers to their Mach 1 yet? If so how you do you like now and how much was the install?

Thanks
I've got Kooks, LTH, Stainless Power and Texas Speed all in stock ready to go! Longtubes wake them up for sure plus sound killer with an aftermarket catback.

Hit me up and I can get you dialed in!

Feel free to DM me or call with any questions!
Terry "Beefcake" Reeves
- 855-827-7223 -
www.beefcakeracing.com
#beefcakeracing #teambeefcake

Ratical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
03 F-250 21 Mach 1
Any body have any input on sound/power difference between catted and non catted (off road) headers? of course this based on stock exhaust after headers or maybe resonator delete.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Any body have any input on sound/power difference between catted and non catted (off road) headers? of course this based on stock exhaust after headers or maybe resonator delete.
Power difference is negligible, maybe 10 hp. Sound wise it will be a bit louder and raspier for sure. I have the Switchfire 3" mid section and without the cats I think I'd be raspy.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
there won’t be a huge difference between the hike, located and off-road, pretty much all companies of discontinued, their off-road due to EPA

cprime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caelan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I've got Kooks, LTH, Stainless Power and Texas Speed all in stock ready to go! Longtubes wake them up for sure plus sound killer with an aftermarket catback.

Hit me up and I can get you dialed in!

Feel free to DM me or call with any questions!
Terry "Beefcake" Reeves
- 855-827-7223 -
www.beefcakeracing.com
#beefcakeracing #teambeefcake
Can you get me dialed in with a set of Stainless Power headers?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I think they did the 1 3/4 because the car is staying naturally aspirated. I thought the 1 7/8ths were for cars going to forced induction?
1 7/8ths is great for NA and arguably the best side for the Coyte. It gives a bit more top end while 1-3/4ths has more low to mid. There won't be a huge difference between both until you add forced induction then you will see the difference. If you really want to be serious about forced induction, go 2".

Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
1 7/8ths is great for NA and arguably the best side for the Coyte. It gives a bit more top end while 1-3/4ths has more low to mid. There won't be a huge difference between both until you add forced induction then you will see the difference. If you really want to be serious about forced induction, go 2".
I did a bunch of research on this for 2014 when I was going F/I. The consensus was 1-3/4 for N/A as you want a little bit more back pressure and 1-7/8 for F/I.
This is on a 5.0 - when I was modding my Trackhawk, I found that 2" was better due to it being 6.2. I'm certain there are more knowledgeable folks on this than me. But giving my $0.02 FWIW

EDIT - one thing to also keep in mind is if you do boost, the larger primary will help alleviate some of the additional stress, reducing the boost pounds but maintaining the power level. For example the Roush was supposed to provide 9 lbs. of boost, but ended up at 7.5'ish with the same WHP as the 9 lbs.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
One thing I guess I should mention and I'm having to repair now is you need to use 3" butt joint clamps if you want the full 3" option. The shop that installed my headers forced my Kook's 3" connect pipes over the Switchfire pipe ends and that's not how it should have been done. I had an exhaust leak, and it was a pain trying to get those ends off of the Switchfire. I had to use a pipe expander/repairer tool to fix the pipes back to normal. Now I'm installing those clamps to prevent that leak or if you really wanted to you could weld it which I wouldn't recommend.

OP
OP
comptech87

comptech87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Eruption Green
@Zelek should I get my headers coated before I get them installed? @beefcake the headers came in today!! Thanks for everything!

6482AD94-A536-4C23-B2D3-C12E55CDC9B4.jpeg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Coating is nice, but beware it’s also delicate. It’s almost a guarantee that you will chip off or scratch the coating in spots during install, unless you thoroughly tape them up with bubble wrap when hanging them. I know it sounds silly, but I had a motorcycle header JetHot coated years ago and these were the issues I encountered. One thing I liked about JetHot was, they did offer a one time re-coat at no charge, if it was done within the first 3 years. They also coated the inside of the header too which I really liked.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
@Zelek should I get my headers coated before I get them installed? @beefcake the headers came in today!! Thanks for everything!

6482AD94-A536-4C23-B2D3-C12E55CDC9B4.jpeg
Totally up to you if you want to coat them. I always have because it definitely reduces the temps and keeps the heat inside.
Sponsored