Fastoldman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Mach 1, 13 Viper GTS, 22 Ram CC
Active exhaust -----
1. Track or Sport mode whenever I am in the car.
2. Quiet mode whenever my wife is in the car, and she likes the Mach so keeping her happy means when I buy race tires she just says, " Ok, honey, I like this Mustang."
Quiet mode is an active reason my wife thinks the car is not as loud as my previous Stangs!
Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Not Typical! But you certainly are, all puffed up cause he bought a car, silly little boy.

My GT is better than your M1 ....:rain: LMAO !! So much fun hanging your chain LMAO

If you cannot play with the big dogs, go back on the porch. :computerrage:
Apparently I need to put emoticons and such so you can figure out a bit of humor and sarcasm.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Well haven't read the entire thread, most of sig block is current (few things I probably need to update). This was one of my favorite mods I have done. Quiet mode for start or when I just want the car quiet, like in the neighborhood or cruising with others. Loud modes because I like the way it sounds, this to me is having your cake and eating it. I wired and setup a stock system to work with drive modes(car didn't come with AE), now have gone to the corsa with full 3" from the headers and a SB resonator. Quiet mode is quieter than the stock AE, and loud modes are louder. If I were ordering I'd get this. I was able to do it cheap (found used), made my own wiring harness; if I were to buy all new it would have been much more expensive.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I feel upset cos I didn't know it was so important when I made my order and now I see in this forum like 99% of people got active exhaust and are like "oh man i couldnt have a mustang without AE!!" and its too late to change my order :crying:
No active exhaust - I ordered it that way - why have something that adds weight and complexity but yields no more power?

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
I use it constantly over the past 3 years. It's great. Quiet for driveway warm up, quiet for conversing with passengers, normal for a little normalcy, sport to be sporty, track when being aggressive. Basically, lots of personalities.
I agree with you. I love it, had to have it, as this is my mid-life toy. Totally enjoy AE!

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
When I take my spouse out she insists on quiet mode. I do track when I am alone. Glad it was standard on the HPP.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you. I love it, had to have it, as this is my mid-life toy. Totally enjoy AE!
It's law enforcement loud when you want it and Lincoln quiet when you don't! And the in between is perfect!

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
i love my active exhaust. granted i run it in track mode like 100% of the time anyway lol but that quiet start is pretty great. left my brothers late the other night and didnā€™t want to wake up my nephew, just set it to quiet start and she was silent!

Sponsored

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible
I specifically bought a car with this. As others have mentioned. It's really so I can enjoy the car with my wife. She's not into loud cars so this makes it enjoyable to use with her and silly when I'm alone.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Stock is super nice and a x pipe really wakes it up.

the right x-pipe on stock set up can be enough...especially because my track car is wide open!
i have a Mishimoto X...listened to all kinds and it really added what i wanted for my street stang.
also "quality" built product... also in '17, active not available.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
Stock is super nice and a x pipe really wakes it up.
There's a lot more difference between the modes inside the car than you hear in the video. I leave mine in Sport all the time except on long drives with the wife. She's not much on loud exhausts. Personally, I like the stock tones better than the MBRP rasp.

RacerX#99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Auto, 2018 Edge SEL
I ran open exhaust on my 600 HP Cobra on track for 15 years, I can still hear that car so I don't need no stinking enhanced exhaust on a street driven 2021 GT

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
My 20 pp1 did not have active exhaust or magnaride. I ended up replacing the springs, shocks and struts with the ford track pack stuff and putting in an h pipe. It sounds and handles great now and since I never had those two options donā€™t miss them.
Please tell me about your suspension mods. I have a '16 vert GT PP1, and am curious about what/how to tighten up suspension.
Sponsored