Sponsored

Anybody waiting for spring?

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I was going to get a new car this summer, but with the launch this late in the year it makes more sense to order in Jan/Feb for delivery in the spring.

I don't want my shiny new Mustang all encrusted with salt and crud right off the bat, considering that this will be my daily driver :-)
You might want to order in October for a spring delivery.. Guys ordering in June are being told Nov/Dec
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
You might want to order in October for a spring delivery.. Guys ordering in June are being told Nov/Dec

To be honest, my dealer told me it could be December when I ordered it in May :doh:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I'm planning on a 2016 in year from now. Hoping for the PP to be offered with an automatic GT.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Thats pretty surprising. I would have figured they would be sitting on lots at that point. Even some of the hottest cars that came out six months ago (Merc CLA45/BMW 235) are now sitting on lots....Its somewhat of a different price point so the dates may be spot on.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
I'm looking at January 2017

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Be the first one on your block, to have your Mustang come home to sit in a box!

I'll be working on Mods, during Hibernation.

With global Warming going on, I should be able to get a few days of 'Mustanging' during the winter months-->:shrug:

Esfoad

Threads
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get a convertible so realistically I'm thinking of late spring as a best hope. I know they may be available in late Nov/Dec but since I'm in NJ I prefer to wait until the snow and, mostly the salt, are gone before I put a new car on the road. This will be my daily driver so she will see winter moving forward. That's why they make snow tires :)

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I am waiting, as I am thinking that something else is in the works for the GT. Hopefully the 15' won't be like the 10' and be left behind by major powertrain changes with the V8 but you never know.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I am waiting, as I am thinking that something else is in the works for the GT. Hopefully the 15' won't be like the 10' and be left behind by major powertrain changes with the V8 but you never know.
Except the '10 was already 100+ hp behind its competition (Camaro SS). They might bump up the hp to 450 for the 2016 model year, but not much beyond that. There's just no reason to have the Coyote make 500 hp.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I'm planning on a 2016 in year from now. Hoping for the PP to be offered with an automatic GT.
There's not any precedent for that, is there? The current GT Track Package option is not offered with the automatic, only the Brembo brake option is, so I'd expect to carry the same option structure. The new PP is essentially the equivalent of the track pack, and the Brembo option is sort of the lite version. I'm hoping for a similar nonprecedent for '16 - that the PP will be offered with the convertible, or at least a PP-lite...

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Summer tires in a Minnesota winter

And you never should drive on summer tires in the winter.. Unless of course you don't really have a "winter".
My dealer told me about their receiving a Shelby during the 2012-13 winter.
It had summer tires. It traveled the last part of its journey on a railroad car. When it arrived, all four summer tires had 'shattered' from the cold and bouncing in one place on the transport. The car had essentially been sitting on its rims for quite a while.

I am planning on ordering a EB prem. convertible. My dealer said that the earliest he could probably get one for me would be mid-winter (early-mid Jan, if then). I live in Minnesota and don't plan on driving it
on our salty-graveled winter roads. A January delivery would mean storage until probably April...no driving it and loss of several months of warranty. So I will order maybe late February, getting delivery in late April and perhaps a rebate or two will show up by then.

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP, '16 EB PP
Good to know, I have a test drive scheduled for late September, I'll see what the dealer says then.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
My dealer told me about their receiving a Shelby during the 2012-13 winter.
It had summer tires. It traveled the last part of its journey on a railroad car. When it arrived, all four summer tires had 'shattered' from the cold and bouncing in one place on the transport. The car had essentially been sitting on its rims for quite a while.
Sounds like BS to me-->:shrug:

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Sounds like BS to me-->:shrug:
+1

The tires will be very noncompliant, but I seriously doubt they'd get so cold they'd shatter. That said, I have seen orange traffic cones shatter for that very reason, while doing cold weather testing in upper MI, so I guess its not outside the realm of possibility. But it doesn't seem like they'd get that kind of impact load on a rail car. Hopefully, the cars are secured better than that...

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Good to know, I have a test drive scheduled for late September, I'll see what the dealer says then.
I hope he was being sarcastic? Once the plant is ramped up and all kinks worked out and all the initial early adopters get their cars (and dealer stock) then production lead times will eventually get to normal, meaning 6-8 week delivery times.....just my guess, who knows maybe they'll be selling these at record pace faster than they can make them :shrug:
Sponsored