Anybody waiting for spring?

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Yes, I plan on having it for 10yrs minimum so an extra couple of months will not kill me. Like others, would like to see what incentives come down, what the 2016 will offer and quite frankly save for the next 8 months to see if I can just pay it off at the time of purchase and not restrict family activities through the year as well. Also would like to actually drive one to see what the 4cyl vs. v8 feels, sounds and looks like in real life.

edit: Would also like to see how restrictive the back seat will be in the convertible vs. the hardtop and see what colors look best with the convertible top.
Sponsored

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm going to go ahead and order it and pray for no snow in NC this year. Never driven on summer tires in the winter so it should be interesting !

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
Due to my wife's masters degree reimbursement timing from her work I'll be dropping a chunk of cash for her to register for her 2015 spring classes - then a few weeks after I'll get the reimbursement from her 2014 fall classes.

So i'll be ordering my mustang around the February time frame as well. Hopefully after the Fall/Winter hype we will start to see some additional incentives on the car.

Reclaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
For me it will depend heavily on how much demand there is, I remember in 2005 that it was MSRP at a minimum with many dealers having ADM's through Christmas time. (South/Central Florida Area).

OP
OP
Youngmustang

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
For me it will depend heavily on how much demand there is, I remember in 2005 that it was MSRP at a minimum with many dealers having ADM's through Christmas time. (South/Central Florida Area).
Not if you have xplan, price will be near invoice the dealer can't charge MSRP.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
It is not a requirement that dealers accept xplan, so I would expect that if they have 10 people willing to pay 5000 over msrp to every one demanding xplan then you better be friends with the dealer! I do not expect that level of demand however, though it is better in many ways than the 2014, it is not the only game in town like the 2005 was. Challenger and Camaro are not significantly less competitive to allow for that with the 2015.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
OP
OP
Youngmustang

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
It is not a requirement that dealers accept xplan, so I would expect that if they have 10 people willing to pay 5000 over msrp to every one demanding xplan then you better be friends with the dealer! I do not expect that level of demand however, though it is better in many ways than the 2014, it is not the only game in town like the 2005 was. Challenger and Camaro are not significantly less competitive to allow for that with the 2015.

I haven't checked my local dealer yet but if not then I am willing to search far and wide to get xplan pricing. Whatever it takes lol.

Reclaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
The problem with that is I'm fairly opposed to ordering a car without having seen (in person) or driven first. The first ones won't make it to dealers till September, and even if I ordered it then it may not come in till January/February; at that point I'd probably wait till spring rolled around.

Big reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX50S
Waiting until Spring 15. I want to see final details on the SVT car (never owned a non SVT Mustang) and the 2016 Camaro being unveiled in January. I don't want to commit without seeing all my options.

Sponsored

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
I will be waiting until spring/summer of 2015. That will give it time to:

Have incentives on the 2015 - I would assume you could bleed off as much as 5k of depreciation if you wait until next spring with incentives discounts.
Know what the SVT can do and cost
Know what the color options/power options are for 2016 for GT
See what bugs are in the 2015
Know what is coming out in 2016 (competition)
This plus hopefully HUD.
If Comp Orange is not a 16 color I will order a 15.
Pay off my 12 hopefully.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Waiting... And waiting... Maybe summer of '15?

But NOT by choice ... See, I live in Europe and we're not even allowed to order yet :'(

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I am waiting until at least we learn about upcoming Special Editions. The GT350 seems like it might be an amazing fit for me!!!

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I haven't checked my local dealer yet but if not then I am willing to search far and wide to get xplan pricing. Whatever it takes lol.
In a large market it should not be hard at all to find a dealer that will accept X-plan for the 2015 Mustang. There are people all over this forum that are getting that pricing without much problem.

ChefBorOzzy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and order it and pray for no snow in NC this year. Never driven on summer tires in the winter so it should be interesting !
And you never should drive on summer tires in the winter.. Unless of course you don't really have a "winter".
Sponsored