GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Bullitt bashing thread?
Certainly not from me. I love Bullitts! but really all Mustangs. I owned one and got comments from time to time.
Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
2013-ford-taurus-12.jpg

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I like the Bullitt, and I've pretty much liked all of the various models over the years. For the most part, that's due to the movie heritage, but I also like green cars. Dodge never made a comparable Charger, and that makes me sad as a dyed-in-the-wool Mopar guy, but it doesn't mean I can't appreciate the Bullitt for what it is. I'd appreciate it more if it was a Base GT with PP brakes, Magneride, M6, 3.73 Torsen, and wheels a bit closer to the original Torq-Thrusts in color/texture. I love a low-content hot rod.

Did I even consider buying a Bullitt? Yeah, but it was way more than I wanted to pay for features I just didn't need - primarily the V8 for my commuter car. I think the content is good, but I would have bought a PP2 over a Bullitt so I could get the wider wheels/tires. For the difference in price, I'll put the wider wheels/tires on my EBPP and be happy.

The only S550 I have a little buyer's remorse over is one I didn't buy - a new 2017 GT350 for less than $50K. It had a strange title situation, $20K more than I wanted to spend, not a great color, and the whole V8 commuter thing going against it, so I'm not terribly upset. But I think about her...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Not sure the fascination with the bullitt. Below average looking car
Its appearance is supposed to be subtle, not in-your-face obvious about being a bit special.

With that in mind, I agree with DarkHor$e that the calipers shouldn't be red (at least not red on a HG car), and that the wheel design probably should have been closer to the American Racing Torq-Thrust design of the original (and decently copied for shape on the S197 Bullitt). With squared up wheel widths and tire sizes, not the PP1's staggered setup.

Norm
Sponsored