Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The Mustang is #1 in sales while the Dodge (Fiat) is #2. The Camaro is way back to the Toyota level.

I predict that GM with Mary Barra will soon discontinue the Camaro while replacing it with a Tesla-type vehicle. She doesn't care about this thing.

The new Camaro will be all electric and have a 200 mile trip range before a 12 hour recharge.
I think the Camaro decline is largely due to unfortunate styling choices. There seems to be a lot of that going on at Chevrolet lately. They should have allowed GM Australia to do all of their styling.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
I almost bought an LT1, but Chevy didn't want to honor their rebates and a few dealers we're playing games. I got an email and a call a few months after I found the cheapest a10 5.0 in the country and let the Chevy dealer have it. 2019 SS Camaros we're priced well in January 2020, but they look terrible 2020s look much better.

Can't go wrong with either, but I never drove a 6th gen Camaro. I really like the looks though, but am impressed with the 2018 builds and capabilities. In about two years I believe I can afford to keep my 5.0 and get another car under $40k. I'm thinking a Z, Camaro, Dodge, or 86. We shall see.

I once owned a 04 STi and EVOs always handled better just like the Camaros. My friend use to race Nasa CMC and had a 3rd gen RS. Camaros always seemed to handle better throughout the generations, but nothing like a mustang it's the original or longest lasting pony car.

Camaros don't get enough or any marketing from GM and it will be the car's demise. Bunch of fools they are. The Charger and Challenger outsold the Camaro last year too.

Great feedback from the Camaro owners. I really like the way they look.

Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I actually went to look at the camaro ZL1 last year before I bought the mustang. I figured it already has a supercharger with 650 hp is enough for me. When I got to the dealership standing out there in the sun well over 20 minutes and not a soul come out and ask me anything, so I left. I guess I don’t look like a typical guy can afford a ZL1.

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
I almost bought an LT1, but Chevy didn't want to honor their rebates and a few dealers we're playing games. I got an email and a call a few months after I found the cheapest a10 5.0 in the country and let the Chevy dealer have it. 2019 SS Camaros we're priced well in January 2020, but they look terrible 2020s look much better.

Can't go wrong with either, but I never drove a 6th gen Camaro. I really like the looks though, but am impressed with the 2018 builds and capabilities. In about two years I believe I can afford to keep my 5.0 and get another car under $40k. I'm thinking a Z, Camaro, Dodge, or 86. We shall see.

I once owned a 04 STi and EVOs always handled better just like the Camaros. My friend use to race Nasa CMC and had a 3rd gen RS. Camaros always seemed to handle better throughout the generations, but nothing like a mustang it's the original or longest lasting pony car.

Camaros don't get enough or any marketing from GM and it will be the car's demise. Bunch of fools they are. The Charger and Challenger outsold the Camaro last year too.

Great feedback from the Camaro owners. I really like the way they look.
My 19 ss does handles
20210328_140808_01.jpg
great ..I did swap out the springs and sway bars from 1le . got the parts from wildhammer.definitely a improvement over stock ss parts I had on it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Looks good.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve driven the SS 1LE at a couple of autocrosses. Its a very fast car and the gizmos are neat. My friend got a great deal on his. The e-diff is really impressive in corners.

For a daily driver I like the Mustang a bit better (I can see out of it and the trunk space is easier to use). I find the styling on the mustang is easier on the eyes. My modified GT is just as fast or fasrer around an autox course. The SS1LE is a monster on a larger road corse tho.

OP
OP
Chomorro

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
Well kid picked up my GT today and took it home to Indiana LOL. So now I will actually be hunting for a new stang, c7, or camaro. Hopefully I can test drive some.

Sponsored

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
I'm not going to lie the LT1 trim and 1SS we're my first choices. I was interested in the LTG Camaros too, but prices dropped on 10r80s and I went with that. Never driven a 6th gen Camaro though, but I will before they go. They handle better and are lighter. 5.0 seems to be the better engine or at least stronger. Back in the day between the 3rd gens it was the same Camaros handled better, but the 5.0 was the better engine.

I don't see myself giving up my 5.0, but in 2 to 2 1/2 years I can afford another purchase under $40k. If I put an extra $12k towards my Mustang it will be paid off by then. I'm waiting to see how the Z turns out and if the manual has been upgraded and how strong the 9 speed will be. Even still, I want a Camaro this will be my last chance to get a new one. Also wouldn't mind a v6 one I already have a 5.0. Someone on the Camaro blew their LTG motor with 63k miles and it had a tune and downpipe. I'm sure it's a fun car, but if that's to be expected with only those two mods I think I'll pass. A 10r80 ecoboost doesn't sound too bad either.

I love the way Camaros look too especially from the side profile. I'll pony up for a c8 if the next few years are reliable unlike the first year which is a pos.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Someone on the Camaro blew their LTG motor with 63k miles and it had a tune and downpipe. I'm sure it's a fun car, but if that's to be expected with only those two mods I think I'll pass.
1 datapoint is not a trend make. The tune(r) is a vital variable in that equation. By your reasoning given the many reports of EB blowing up, nobody in their right mind would touch one.

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
1 datapoint is not a trend make. The tune(r) is a vital variable in that equation. By your reasoning given the many reports of EB blowing up, nobody in their right mind would touch one.
I just want an engine to last 100k+ with a reputable tuner whether it be a stage 2 turbo or v8. To each their own, but so many EBs blowing up is part of the reason I didn't get one.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It's just more of the same. Sure, the engine is a bit different (more TQ, less revs, totally different "feel"), a few chassis differences (Alpha, blah blah blah), but if you park them next to each other and squint, it's about the same: a V8, RWD, 2-door coupe (even with the same general silhouette the Mustang looks +much+ better).

I'd do the way_more_different_ thing and get the C7.

OP
OP
Chomorro

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
It's just more of the same. Sure, the engine is a bit different (more TQ, less revs, totally different "feel"), a few chassis differences (Alpha, blah blah blah), but if you park them next to each other and squint, it's about the same: a V8, RWD, 2-door coupe (even with the same general silhouette the Mustang looks +much+ better).

I'd do the way_more_different_ thing and get the C7.
C7 just looks like fun parked lol

I'm not going to lie the LT1 trim and 1SS we're my first choices. I was interested in the LTG Camaros too, but prices dropped on 10r80s and I went with that. Never driven a 6th gen Camaro though, but I will before they go. They handle better and are lighter. 5.0 seems to be the better engine or at least stronger. Back in the day between the 3rd gens it was the same Camaros handled better, but the 5.0 was the better engine.

I don't see myself giving up my 5.0, but in 2 to 2 1/2 years I can afford another purchase under $40k. If I put an extra $12k towards my Mustang it will be paid off by then. I'm waiting to see how the Z turns out and if the manual has been upgraded and how strong the 9 speed will be. Even still, I want a Camaro this will be my last chance to get a new one. Also wouldn't mind a v6 one I already have a 5.0. Someone on the Camaro blew their LTG motor with 63k miles and it had a tune and downpipe. I'm sure it's a fun car, but if that's to be expected with only those two mods I think I'll pass. A 10r80 ecoboost doesn't sound too bad either.

I love the way Camaros look too especially from the side profile. I'll pony up for a c8 if the next few years are reliable unlike the first year which is a pos.
The new Z was the reason I was thinking about selling the 5.0 I have owned 3 Zs before but with everything going on I might be car less for 6 months before I can even order one.....
Sponsored