Sponsored

Any one using meth with gen3 whipple? Does it help when pulleying down?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
@Roh92cp Do you have any pics of where the nozzle is mounted?
I have it in the elbow which is the easiest place and threads into the plastic just fine (bottom pic) I know have it in the whipple top 6an threaded port which I made my own custom setup there to make it fit. Both work fine though.
IMG_2005.JPG
IMG_2006.JPG
IMG_2009.JPG
IMG_0306.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Martin5.0sc

Martin5.0sc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ainsley
Vehicle(s)
2016 Whippled Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have it in the elbow which is the easiest place and threads into the plastic just fine (bottom pic) I know have it in the whipple top 6an threaded port which I made my own custom setup there to make it fit. Both work fine though.
IMG_2005.JPG
IMG_2006.JPG
IMG_2009.JPG
IMG_0306.JPG
So is the connection in the head unit your boost reference? Or are you spraying in the plastic elbow and head unit?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
As I said above I’ve sprayed previously in the plastic elbow, but now I spray after throttle body (vac, but not boost reference) in the upper part of the whipple 3 ports on the drivers side like in the pic. It’s not subject to boost there, only strong vacuum when throttle angle and load is low.

OP
OP
Martin5.0sc

Martin5.0sc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ainsley
Vehicle(s)
2016 Whippled Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As I said above I’ve sprayed previously in the plastic elbow, but now I spray after throttle body (vac, but not boost reference) in the upper part of the whipple 3 ports on the drivers side like in the pic. It’s not subject to boost there, only strong vacuum when throttle angle and load is low.
Which kit do you run? What’s it using for reference to know when to spray, boost, injector signal, MAF sensor?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Which kit do you run? What’s it using for reference to know when to spray, boost, injector signal, MAF sensor?
Mine is an amazing older AIS kit and it’s very basic all in at 10 psi on a boost switch. Would be much better to have progressive of course and even better to have the calibration fueling/spark tables adjust when meth comes on.

Sponsored

WhippleStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2017 F250 Platinum PowerStroke, 2019 Charger 392, 2007 GMC Sierra Classic Duramax
I've been running Meth for 2 years on on daily Whipple setup. With positive displacement blowers takes a lot of meth to change the IAT2 outcome, but octane bump is always there. I can run 14-15 psi 3.5" with stock headers and cats on 93 with 12 gph nozzle after throttle body and see 18 spark advance. Had to drop the cats with that pressure and heat, now have Kooks catless and see 13.5 psi with 93 same 9 gph meth and now I'm running 10 oz boostane per tank and get 20 spark advance. Meth works for sure and so does Boostane.
I've been running Meth for 2 years on on daily Whipple setup. With positive displacement blowers takes a lot of meth to change the IAT2 outcome, but octane bump is always there. I can run 14-15 psi 3.5" with stock headers and cats on 93 with 12 gph nozzle after throttle body and see 18 spark advance. Had to drop the cats with that pressure and heat, now have Kooks catless and see 13.5 psi with 93 same 9 gph meth and now I'm running 10 oz boostane per tank and get 20 spark advance. Meth works for sure and so does Boostane.

I'm installing a Gen 3 Whipple on my 2017 Mustang, and I'm wondering how your intercooler is reacting to the water methanol composition? Just concerned about the quality of the water in the mixture if it is distilled or just tap water?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I always run distilled water and mix the meth.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I'm installing a Gen 3 Whipple on my 2017 Mustang, and I'm wondering how your intercooler is reacting to the water methanol composition? Just concerned about the quality of the water in the mixture if it is distilled or just tap water?
Always use distilled water with quality methanol like VP M1, or premixed from Snow or DevilsOwn if you don't want to mix it yourself

WhippleStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2017 F250 Platinum PowerStroke, 2019 Charger 392, 2007 GMC Sierra Classic Duramax
I always run distilled water and mix the meth.
Thank you....
What brand and stage do you recommend for a water Meth kit? I've been looking at snow performance, banks power, and alky.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I also use M1 with distilled water mixed 50/50 by weight. It's so inexpensive to buy 5 gallons of M1 and mix yourself, it's a no brainer!

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_2005.JPG
IMG_2006.JPG
IMG_2009.JPG
IMG_0306.JPG
Did you notice any difference in IATs with the wrap on the intake tube?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do Whipple condone the use of water/meth pre compressor?
I’m asking because some of Eaton’s partners most certainly don’t.
According to some sources, the mixture can be slightly abrasive/corrosive. Nothings going to ruin a compressor faster than a poor seal.
I don’t have the “facts”, just asking questions

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Id look into boostane too, but not sure how cost efficient that would be on a daily

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I’m really tempted to go with a meth kit. I am setup to run E85 but it is to inconvenient to run all the time.
Sponsored