Sponsored

Another Gen 5 whipple thread .

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Didn't realize the dealer did the clutches, in that case they will know about it lol.
Sponsored

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
Holy crap, I feel for you! Ugh
There is a price to pay for this hobby but you have definitely contributed your share and then some!!!!
Sorry to hear...

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Well, Circle D converter is out and it’s definitely broken.
Shop recommend a new valve body rather than risk the old one even with flushing out all the lines.

Old one is going back to Ford as a core . I never imagined it was that big and heavy .

It’s all back together but they want to make sure all lines are properly flushed out so I won’t be picking it up till Monday .

I am thinking of getting rid of the “first gear delete “ tune with the stock converter. . Not sure if that contributed to the failed converter.
Circle D have been cool so far(even apologetic) and said I should send the converter back for them to look at and repair .
Not sure I will be putting it back on when they fix it and may try and sell it to recoup some coin .

I was able to cut 1.4 60 foot times with the stock one and while not great it’s still pretty good .
Not even sure I want to keep beating up on the car since it’s now my daily and “spare “ car , the GT 350 has been down no for almost 3 month waiting for the engine I sent off to be rebuilt to come back .
I will probably get that compression test after a dyno to see how much power it’s making .

I am going to start putting together a “spare “ long block . Either with the sleeved Gen 2 short block(5.2) I had L&M rebuild or a stock Gen 3 short block (depending on if the Gen 3 heads fit the former or not )
C65BE168-2F55-454A-8E90-588D1CAE4F91.jpeg
9133AA63-F084-4C5C-92A5-362C50F09289.jpeg
916854C6-9CAB-4F86-9B98-2BDE2E0569D5.jpeg

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you gonna do clutches or are they already done, def recommend it if your going through the trans

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
you gonna do clutches or are they already done, def recommend it if your going through the trans
I did the clutches in April . Unfortunately the converter was not readily available then .
I am the guy in Indy who jumped on one of the ones you recently had in stock .

It worked(ignore the ET/MPH lol) ..... for a while .. till it broke .
I already contacted Circle D and will be sending it to them .
FD211164-2FBC-439A-AA55-4574899AAAD6.jpeg

Sponsored

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
@olaosunt damn sorry to hear about your luck man. Well I went to the track tonight first run spun let out. Got back in it 10.2. second pass stayed in longer when it hit 2nd blew the tires off let out got back in hit the rev limiter got out again then back in car took off. But the thing that is bothering. Po300 random misfire on both passes after peddling the car. I dont have any misfire codes doing highway pulls or when I have clean passes. This code hunts me. Starting to get really frustrated. Car could of went 9's tonight no problem if the track was prepped. 3.5 pulley e85. Right lane.
20190920_235517.jpg
20190920_235501.jpg

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Sorry about the project troubles. It seems like you've been doing everything right on your end and you're just victim of the spiteful car Gods, =) . I had to stop caring about drag racing years ago. Now it's just cool to watch and maybe go out with friends once in a while.

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry about the project troubles. It seems like you've been doing everything right on your end and you're just victim of the spiteful car Gods, =) . I had to stop caring about drag racing years ago. Now it's just cool to watch and maybe go out with friends once in a while.
Lol , I assume you are referring to me .

Yeah , I am about at that point .I had promised my wife this was my last year doing it anyway .Take up too much time (and money ) .

It’s bad enough with one car now multiple the pain x 4 .
I cant remember when I had all 4 of them running at the same time . Sometimes all 4 are down !

I swear the cars are in conspiracy against me and send messages to each other /draw lots to decide which one of them will be running at one time. Lol

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I do feel your pain, but after having a race car, tow vehicle and trailer(not going to ever do that again.) My 2017 mustang gt with the whipple stage 2 with whipple tune has given me a lot of pleasure.Drive it to the track, put in 10 gallons of race gas mix and go 10.80ET ever pass just like a bracket car. LOL

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol

I hear you . I. swear each time I get a new one “going to keep it simple “ this time . Lol

I tell myself I will be happy with a low 10 second car ... that’s reliable .

I actually achieved that with nothing but the stage 2 Whipple as I went 10.2@138 last fall (with race gas /3.625 pulley ).

But then I always start to get greedy and want “more “. If I had been patient I could probably have dipped in the 9’s with nothing more than the latter whipple calibrations .

It’s hard to know when you cross the line when you lose reliability but I truly believe it’s when you put in the return fuel system to run e85 .

Invariably almost every one who adds a BAP at first ends up with a fuel system so that may be he beginning of the slippery slope .
As soon as you have the return system ,you start thinking you can run “all the boost “ since you have fuel . Lol.
That’s usually when shit starts to break . Lol
And you start keeping “spare motors “ .

When I started looking at “spare” transmissions I knew it’s time to bail .
Lol

Sponsored

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Lol

I hear you . I. swear each time I get a new one “going to keep it simple “ this time . Lol

I tell myself I will be happy with a low 10 second car ... that’s reliable .

I actually achieved that with nothing but the stage 2 Whipple as I went 10.2@138 last fall (with race gas /3.625 pulley ).

But then I always start to get greedy and want “more “. If I had been patient I could probably have dipped in the 9’s with nothing more than the latter whipple calibrations .

It’s hard to know when you cross the line when you lose reliability but I truly believe it’s when you put in the return fuel system to run e85 .

Invariably almost every one who adds a BAP at first ends up with a fuel system so that may be he beginning of the slippery slope .
As soon as you have the return system ,you start thinking you can run “all the boost “ since you have fuel . Lol.
That’s usually when shit starts to break . Lol
And you start keeping “spare motors “ .

When I started looking at “spare” transmissions I knew it’s time to bail .
Lol
Most of us get greedy lol. I was supposed to run whipple stage2 on whipple tune. That's all I wanted nothing crazy. Then lost cylinder 7. And as you already know it unraveled from there. In all honesty if I could do it over again. I would do stage 2 lund tune with converter mak cat deletes. That's really all you need. Should go low 10's with out doing to much. But my thinking is if I do that I'll do this also and that's the problem lol. Hoe you get everything figured out like I'm sure you will.

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most of us get greedy lol. I was supposed to run whipple stage2 on whipple tune. That's all I wanted nothing crazy. Then lost cylinder 7. And as you already know it unraveled from there. In all honesty if I could do it over again. I would do stage 2 lund tune with converter mak cat deletes. That's really all you need. Should go low 10's with out doing to much. But my thinking is if I do that I'll do this also and that's the problem lol. Hoe you get everything figured out like I'm sure you will.
I don’t think I am going to keep racing with the stock converter .... at least till I build that “spare” long block . Lol
Honestly if all you want is low 10’s (may be even high 9’s) all that is needed is the Whipple stage 2 tune, like I did at first . I think you could even pulley down to the 3.5 pulley for the strip with the whipple tune ... just run unleaded race gas (104 GTP is not bad at $8 gallon )

I know some have had issues but I still think their tune is solid , at least on the 18’s. No need to even mess with the cats as their tune has “cat protection” . After I deleted my cats, with the PBD tune is when the “greed “ first kicked as I started wanting to run “all the octane “ I could with leaded gas and ended up messing up my 02 sensors (might be when any damage happened to the motor if that’s the case )

I just added a 3.625 pulley and a JMS BAP.LOL
That’s how it starts . Lol

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I don’t think I am going to keep racing with the stock converter .... at least till I build that “spare” long block . Lol
Honestly if all you want is low 10’s (may be even high 9’s) all that is needed is the Whipple stage 2 tune, like I did at first . I think you could even pulley down to the 3.5 pulley for the strip with the whipple tune ... just run unleaded race gas (104 GTP is not bad at $8 gallon )

I know some have had issues but I still think their tune is solid , at least on the 18’s. No need to even mess with the cats as their tune has “cat protection” . After I deleted my cats, with the PBD tune is when the “greed “ first kicked as I started wanting to run “all the octane “ I could with leaded gas and ended up messing up my 02 sensors (might be when any damage happened to the motor if that’s the case )

That’s how it starts . Lol
So you feel like I would gain a few tenths by going with MS190 Fuel(105 octane),JMS BAP,3.5 Pulley,stock convertor with the Whipple Tune and still would be safe on my 2017 mustang gt with the 2nd generation whipple stage 2 kit?

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you feel like I would gain a few tenths by going with MS190 Fuel(105 octane),JMS BAP,3.5 Pulley,stock convertor with the Whipple Tune and still would be safe on my 2017 mustang gt with the 2nd generation whipple stage 2 kit?
I think it would .
Sponsored