PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
I.p.o
I’m sorry to hear that!
What do the logs say?
Thanks, Dont know yet. My friend is gonna look them over today.
Sounds like TB is closing ?
That's what I'm thinking at least that what it felt like. I'm thinking hoping it the throttle body wiring harness. But it drives perfect. This is a new problem. I'm gonna be honest. I'm done building cars lol. Cant stand this shit. When is that new zo6 coming out lmao.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
It just never ends with the BS. Went to last night couldn't get a break. First pass car felt great till 4th gear then just stopped accelerating like limp mode but no code. I just rolled to the end floored because I was pissed everything was normal car ran fine. Second pass ran perfect went 10.5 at 134. Best 60 I had so far 1.60. Third pass car went in to limp mode Po124 throttle body code. Reloaded tune fourth pass same as first. Dont know why or what would cause the car to stop acceleration like that but the car runs great. Man this shit just never ends.
I.p.o
Thanks, Dont know yet. My friend is gonna look them over today.

That's what I'm thinking at least that what it felt like. I'm thinking hoping it the throttle body wiring harness. But it drives perfect. This is a new problem. I'm gonna be honest. I'm done building cars lol. Cant stand this shit. When is that new zo6 coming out lmao.

I hear you on building cars .
It never stops and you can never go fast enough .. lol
This will be my last one too .

Next car has to be at least a mid 10 sec car off the showroom .
I would prefer a Mustang and under $80K so hopefully a GT500 in a couple years .
May be a used one for much less but they are not going to take a hit like our “modded” ones .
I have seen fully built low mileage ,9 sec cars go for low 40’s... yikes .
I know it’s cheaper to return to stock and sell parts but may be not if that means paying labor
Hoping I can get mid to high 40’s for my “fully built”( engine /trans ) cars otherwise I am keeping them .

Just leave the GT 500 stock or at the most a pulley swap and tune for high 9’s

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My friend look over the log and it looks like could likely be the fuel system, wiring issue. I'm mean the whole car was built so problems can and will most likely pop up. But after I get this taking care of going back to the track with the 3.5 on. Should go 9's

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The logs dont lie. one pump die and shut the car down. Checked all 3 pumps and they all work fine. Fixed the wire the loose wire All good now. So I've come to the conclusion that the 3rd pump never came on with I have to look in to. I need to see if the hob switch is bad. I'm pretty sure the wiring is right. I also need to check my boost reference is good and not just vacum only. Where are you guys getting your boost reference from.

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
That is good to see progress and your 60's coming down!
I would think that long tubes would be a benefit at this HP level for sure.
You are where I was, chasing consistent 60's leaving in 1st gear. One pass would be awesome and the next 3 would wheel hop or hit 2nd gear SO hard that it pushed it into 3rd due to spinning like these cars do.
Once I went to the new Circle D converter and leaving in 2nd gear, all of that went away. My 60's are consistently 1.35 every time now. (I may have more BMR pieces than you too in the rear though)
Before my last track outing, I bought the Baer Brakes and was about to put them on to move to 15's but was told emphatically by Jon Lund, Kelly (formerly of BMR) and a few others that I didn't need to for 1.2-1.3 60's, so I held off.
I am very glad I stayed on the 17's, it's stable, predicable and with the 305/45R17 MT R Drag Radials - HOOK.
Just my experience, but we seem like we are on similar paths ;) (except you have had way worse luck brother, I know mine will run out here soon! lol)
So after fighting fuel pressure issues that turned out to be a clogged filter(I checked after I kept losing FLP despite swapping new pumps ) finally got to make a pass with the new converter .

I also got a tune that eliminates first gear so I could leave in second .

I have to leave above 3500 rpm or it bogs but when I did it cut a 1.28 60 ft !
It might need a 2 step as it hard to hold there .

DA was 3300 last night but it’s still running out of steam and despite the 60 and fastest 1/8 ET (6.2) to date it still only ran 10.1 (10.0 previous pass with worse 60 )
It did throw a Wrench /DTC code on that pass so it probably went into limp mode just before the traps as the 1000 ft was faster than my 9.8 pass .

It’s a trans code that I see has had a TSB and requires a reflash but I don’t think that will work with an aftermarket tune . Code did clear itself and I decided to make another pass .
While doing a burn out the exhaust got real loud but I still decided to go .
When I looked the resonator had blown off the cat delete pipes completely and was hanging down.

Tune looks spot on per tuner and it should be flying, yet I am 8-10 mph done compared to others

I had been thinking I had no choice but to do long tubes since it seemed to be choking somewhere but I am now wondering if the restriction has been the resonator all the time .

I had replaced the stock one with the magnaflow resonated X (the material in the stock one got blown out ) and may try a resonator delete .
It’s going to be LOUD without the resonator but it’s cheaper than long tubes and hopefully won’t be too bad with quiet mode .
9AD95453-FC93-45C5-B010-10DC1502A493.jpeg
EDC8A2F7-97BC-4B05-9E29-3AED4E11A1AA.jpeg
8B318302-3841-4DB6-8996-080C202A2359.jpeg

Sponsored

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
What an awesome 60'!!!
That's crazy how much stuff is in your filter, I am curious to see mine over winter here...
"While doing a burn out the exhaust got real loud but I still decided to go." This had me cracking up! (but could have been really dangerous) I pray that that Magnaflow resonated X pipe was not the restriction because I JUST PUT ONE ON LAST WEEK!!! We will see soon.... lol
I am still not sure where the rest of your ET/MPH is hiding, you are chiseling away at all of the variables I can think of...

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What an awesome 60'!!!
That's crazy how much stuff is in your filter, I am curious to see mine over winter here...
"While doing a burn out the exhaust got real loud but I still decided to go." This had me cracking up! (but could have been really dangerous) I pray that that Magnaflow resonated X pipe was not the restriction because I JUST PUT ONE ON LAST WEEK!!! We will see soon.... lol
I am still not sure where the rest of your ET/MPH is hiding, you are chiseling away at all of the variables I can think of...
You are right , and I really need to be more careful
I assume maybe it was an issue with the muffler but should have looked under the car before making the pass .
Not sure if it completely separated before or after but both sides of the resonator had come off and was hanging about an inch from the ground !

I could not get it back in so I limped it back to the shop .
I may wait to see how you car does with the resonator before doing a delete . If it does not slow you down then “that’s not it “ . LOL

Its crazy how much junk was in the filter . You could not blow through it .
I have had the system installed for less than 2000 miles so we were all surprised. May be I got a bad batch but I wonder if it could be from sediments I the tank from all the boostane I had been running.
I did pump out the tank to empty before my first fill up with E85

Here is what my FLP looked like before and after swapping new pumps .
It good now with the clean filter but the high side is still not a flat /table top like before when I had the BAP.
BBF43E58-7E78-41BD-A457-6AE773E0FC63.jpeg

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Judging from that timeslip your 330 ft is weak for that 60 ft and your back half split is also down. Taking your 1/8 mile et that should have been a 9.66 pass, your back half mph is about 3 - 4 mph low for that set up. If the log isn't showing any spark or fueling issues and you've confirmed there is no belt slip I'd be doing a compression test.

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah .
Load is down compared to similar set ups but does not look like what I was told to expect on the log with slip
Fuel Looks good but tune Is commanding 22* not based on knock sensors - it’s flat/zero at WOT. So may be off ?.
I asked tuner about it and he said it’s “faster this way “ well evidently not . Lol
I am sure the air was pretty bad yesterday and it felt “heat soaked “ - ran 10.0 @138 first pass but was down hill from there .
I will wait to see what it does once we get some decent air but plan on a compression test at some time .
I have a couple of “spare “ built Gen 2 long blocks but unfortunately not one for this car

I plan to start building one soon and want to know I have a spare to go if it’s bad news .
Besides car runs fine now on the street and is still a blast to drive

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
After my conversation with Magnaflow yesterday I think your (now OUR... lol ) Resonated Tru-X Pipe is a problem. The 2 1/2" internal design with this is a restriction at 1000rwhp..... I am not even going to run mine at the track.
I am just going to get a full 3" non resonated X or H pipe and be done with it.

Last edited:

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rowdy
Vehicle(s)
2018 - Mustang GT
After my conversation with Magnaflow yesterday I think your (now OUR... lol ) Resonated Tru-X Pipe is a problem. The 2 1/2" internal design with this is a restriction..... I am not even going to run mine at the track.
You should just take off that entire cat back and give it a GO! lol
P.S. Are you selling any of those longblocks, I have a Foxbody conversion in mind. Message me if you are please.
Do you have longtubes on your car? I was leaning towards putting the Magnaflow Tru-X on my 18 Whipple car to try and get rid of the raspy sound but your recent post has me a little skeptical. Definitely don't want to add a restriction.

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After my conversation with Magnaflow yesterday I think your (now OUR... lol ) Resonated Tru-X Pipe is a problem. The 2 1/2" internal design with this is a restriction..... I am not even going to run mine at the track.
You should just take off that entire cat back and give it a GO! lol
P.S. Are you selling any of those longblocks, I have a Foxbody conversion in mind. Message me if you are please.
Thank sam.
Where are you getting the 3” non resonated X pipe from ?
The ones I see are all 2.5 “

I will send you a PM on the long blocks I have available .

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the link .
That’s quite a lot of $$$ for a mid pipe .

I think I will see how the car does in decent weather before I start swapping things .

If it runs 9.6-9.7’s I think I will be happy .
Car sounds fantastic as is and I would hate to mess it up for a couple of tenths in the 1/4..

It’s also going to be daily driven for while since having to give up my usual daily ,the Audi S4 for my wife as the second kid who just started driving is using her explorer sport .

I will eventually buy her her own car but have too many now as it is.
Another reason to off load a couple of these wannabe race cars (and the spare engines) . Lol.

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
You’re right, finding a 3 inch non res midpipe was harder than I thought. I’m just going to buy this universal X and weld up a full 3” for the track.
For the street I’m definitely putting back on the magnaflow Tru-X resonated mid pipe on the Magnaflow street rear section. Car sounds nice and quiet with that set up.
1C127913-4FD4-416E-8D24-AA09C6C08ECC.jpeg
Sponsored